collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1 yo lab to thin, help  (Read 6630 times)

Offline AspenBud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: 1 yo lab to thin, help
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »
I know this is really redneck but I've heard that Copenhagen gets rid of worms too?

Caffeine and Nicotine both drive away  worms.  My bother went to the doctor after he saw his own poop in the woods  with worms. The doctor said that because he drank a couple of cups of coffee and chewed Copenhagen the worms were on an exit strategy....

If third world countries they will give coffee grounds or tobacco leaves to chew on to expell worms and other parasites.

They're also both toxic to dogs.

Offline AspenBud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: 1 yo lab to thin, help
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
My lab is not putting on weight. I can see his vertebrae and hip bones. I feed him at the top of the recommended serving chart on the back of the bag. He is fed Nutra nuggets. He is active and happy. He will fetch until exhaustion. What gives? Thanks

A little rib on the sides is not a bad thing...in fact in highly athletic working dogs you'll see nothing but bone and muscle.

That said, I would get a stool sample and have your vet check it out or just cut to the chase and deworm.

If you want a high quality food that will pack on the weight, see if you can have some of this delivered to your door.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dr-tims-dog-food/

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal