collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mountain screams  (Read 1314 times)

Offline 270Flat

• Chief
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Getting skunked beats doing yard work!
Mountain screams
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
So two of us set out after work yesterday to put up another cam and see if we can muster up a bear in a spot I've seen bears in the past. After being set up for about 20 mins we heard two loud screams. Unlike anything I've heard in the mountains before. After heading back to the truck and into town I looked up what cougar screams are like... And bingo that's what it was. Definitely cougar country!
The sounds reminded me of the neighbor cats making woopy in the back yard. Gonna do my best to help the deer population in the area.
Was going head out next time with my fawn in distress call and see what happens.
fear no fish!!

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
Re: Mountain screams
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
ain't nothing like a cougar scream.  Earlier this year myself and another huntwa member were out chasing yotes when we had a herd of elk walk right past us.  Most made it by fine then one of the cows winded us and they took off in a stampede.  right after that we heard the cougar scream, scared the heck out of me :chuckle:  We figured the elk must have run over or into that cougar :tup:
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal