collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)  (Read 94295 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
This weekend Silver Arrow Bowmen had a carp shoot in the moses lake area. My good buddy hosted us at his house so we made it our base of opperations. SAT we shot on Moses lake and sunday on Winchester lake. We had an array of gear people were using. A home made bow made at one of Curt Brisky's classes, recurves and compounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »
First pic is some of the crew in the "gunboat". Second pic is retrieving a carp and the third is a pic of a mirrored carp

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
A member improvising a hat and our host

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:47:55 AM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
Silver Arrow Bowmen will be offering a the International Bowhunter Education Program course. More details will follow but it typically is 3 evening and a saturday commentment. Likely it will be the 18-23rd  of Aug. I have taken this course by this instructor and he does a great job, is a club member and used to teach Hunters Ed for the state. This certification is accepted pretty much anywhere that an Archery certification is required.
The whole USA, Canada, NewZealand, Europe, Africa, you name it.

http://www.nbef.org/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:12:18 AM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:36 PM »
The IBEP course will be Monday Aug 18 6pm, Wed 20th 6pm, Fri 22rd 6pmand Sat 23rd 8am
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:28:06 PM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
I want to let everyone know that the cost of a membership is NOW Half Price! $15 single $20 Family+ $10 initiation  good till the end of the year! Forms are on the website or at the Clubhouse door. Send the $ to the PO box OR place in the shoot box at the Club house.

We Had a Club meeting tonight as well. I want to Congratulate My Friend Steve Anderson on Receiving his Life membership for Outstanding Commitment to the club. He is one of our core group that helped bring back the Club, with a vengeance, from near extinction 15 years ago. He is also our Gear head that has been working on/making all our moving targets for the 3D's

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
One of our members secured the pole for the Flag pole. Our designated tinkerer made the top pulley and rotator so it can turn with the wind.

The WSAA convention was held so I will be posting our shoot schedule in the near future. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:53 AM »
Here is the list of dates and events for the Clubs shoots for the upcoming year
Jan 10-11  WSAA (Washington State Archery Association) Multicolor State         Championship.  Indoor eventMust be a WSAA Member to shoot and be scored. Membership and information available on thier Web site and Facebook page.

Jan 17-18 Charlie Hamption Memorial Shoot 3D
Jan 31-Feb 1 Tradational Archery 3D
Feb 21-22  Bucks Bulls and Boars 3D
April 25-26 Redding Warm up Marked distance 3D Fun shoot
May 23-24 Summer Kickoff 3D

June 13-14 WSAA Fita Feild Must be a WSAA member for score it is an out door shoot at paper targets.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 08:09:35 PM »
The Club held the WSAA Multicolor State shoot. We had over 250 shooters 100 of which were kids in the NASP program. Silver Arrow Bowmen is doing its part Helping future archers compete and have a good experience!

A BIG Thank You to Doug Shoup who took ownership for the event. He took care of the scheduling of line times and set up NASP times during the week so that kids shooting the short distance didn't interfere with Shooters on the weekend.

:archery_smiley:

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »
Our trad shoot was a success aside from our poor planning with it being Superbowl weekend. We had just under 60 shooters on Saturday. My favorite shoot to setup is this one. I setup the string shoot on the upper end of the course. It was so tricky that even I walked past one the targets on the string shoot! there were 17 targets, i shot 16 and i think the next closest were 14 or 15 targets shot at... I could have really done good if the re-curve had gotten some use earlier this year. We also had a vintage muzzy display, Boyers and Arrow smiths present. I even watched the game at the Clubhouse after picking up the course... Great game sad ending.  :'(

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
Im bumping my Home away From Home for my 10K post!   :IBCOOL:

If you want to shoot the best archery range in the state come check us out this weekend we are having our Bucks Bulls and Boars 3D shoot this weekend!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »
A big thankyou to Everyone that came out for the Bucks Bulls & Boars shoot. It was a huge sucess! We had a much better turn out than the shoots held on the Superbowl and Playoffs!  :bash:

If you have NOT yet shot our course you can do so during daylight hours nearly anytime! AND you can shoot at night on our flat range with the Quarter fed light timer.

I Am going to brag... be forworned.

I Club is SO awesome that we now have members that drive from as far south as Seattle To BC Canada! Our 3+ Mile walk through course with 50 straw bail targets is open 350 DAYS A YEAR! and most of the days its not open for $2 all day shooting we are holding some kind of a shooting event!  Club Memberships are CHEEP! $30 individual, $40 Family for the whole year!

If you Shoot a Bow and DONT at least visit our course you are doing yours4elf a disservice

Confucius

Offline whackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 06:40:04 AM »
 :tup: Great course
Kimber and Tikka are my pets

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
Its been a while since Ive posted somthing in here.  It was a little last min but our Club went on a carp shoot on potholes. We stayed at the state park Friday and Sat. Sat morning we went out and shot carp for a while. We mostly found carp near the waterfall N of the park. I got lots of shooting in but only managed to "Boat" one fish and had about 3 pull out. 

I think the wind and the Bass tournament that weekend didnt help our sucess %. That night we had a potluck and out of or members that grew up in Iowa ate carp a bunch as a kid. Richard brought his deep fat fryer and some cornmeal.

I have heard all the jokes about frying carp and eatiing the skillet instead and they are not accurate. While I wouldnt put the carp in the same class as Trout, salmon or walley, I think its fair to say they taste some where between a Cod and Tillapia. They are firm with a light fish flavor. Bland but not tasteless like Tillapia. Mind you Carp wont replace salmon at the BBQ or nice meal for my friends/family but it is a meal. Several of our crew thought the deep fryed meat made great tacos...

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
Some carp frying pics.

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter