collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)  (Read 94300 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Silver Arrow Bowmen (Mount Vernon)
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 08:43:27 PM »
Im Currently updating the events schedule on our web page.
http://www.washingtonarchery.org/
https://www.nfaausa.com/
These are the State and National Organizations that our club is affiliated with.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline elk247

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »
I'll see ya at the shoot and join then. D-rock bring some extra knocks, im aiming at them all day.  :chuckle:

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 07:21:44 PM »
Pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
Early bird 3d

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2016, 07:42:36 PM »
Thankyou everyone who showed up to our event. We hope you liked it and see you at the next one.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
The Bucks Bulls and Board 3D was well attended and the weather seemed to cooperate. Unfortunatly I didnt shoot this weekend. I was the last person in the family to suffer from a 24 hour ish flue bug that has been going around. I thought I had dodged the bullet until I woke up sat morning.
Thankyou for coming and let me know if there was something we did right or need improving on.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2016, 09:51:18 AM »
This saturday we are having a work party on the range so portions of it may be shut down. Flat range will be open & Since we have 50 targets on 3+miles of trail there will be something open to shoot!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
A few pics from the wsaa state 3d

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2016, 08:06:17 PM »
I need to ask for everyones help that has been to one of our shoots or used the walk through course. The Mount Vernon Parks Department is trying to force us out of our lease 4 years early. They want to expand the Gravel pit and wipe out the whole back side of our course taking out aprox 30 of our 50 targets.

Many including myself put a boat load of work into the course with the help of the state Grant from the Washington Recreation Conservation Office (RCO), Firearms & Archery Range Recreation(FARR) Grant that $3 from the conseild weapons permit goes to. http://www.rco.wa.gov/grants/farr.shtml

Here in the NW we have lost a couple of archery courses in the last few years. Our unique terrain and proximity lends us to lots of visitors for the day. We cannot afford to loose more opportunity. If the City and Gravel Pit succeed Silver Arrow wont be able to hold ANY WSAA sanctioned event! In the 10 years Ive been a member we have held the WSAA state 3d a MIN of 3 times. (my memory is a little fuzzy as to how many years ive been a member and how many times ive helped setup the state 3d). I have personally put in well over a thousand documented hours of volunteer time into the club and each year members put in over 2 thousand volunteer hours to keep our range open to the public 350 days a year for a low donation of $2 per person a day. I dont know of ANY other club that is open to the public to the extent Silver Arrow Bowmen is.

We were are very good Terms with the Past Parks & Rec Director Larry Otis and he knew our contribution to the Community. He ran for mayor and lost. As a result (I believe) he is no longer the Director. We need to quickly educate the new mayor and director.

Please take the time to write a polite email letting them know your experience or value of the club and CC our email so we know how many emails they receive. Let them know you value our club and how far you travel to use it!

info@silverarrowbowmen.com  mvparks@mountvernonwa.gov (360) 336-6215  mvmayor@mountvernonwa.gov (360) 336-6211

If you have some inside knowledge of the RCO or are a leader of a Group that can lend support I please PM me and/or arrange for a letter of supporting the Club

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
Here is a map of our course essentially its everything south of carpenter Creek That we would loose.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »
The gravel pit lies to the east and south of our course. They say we would loose all but 2 targets south of carpenter creek and they want to mine down 50 vertical feet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:48:18 PM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline dreamingbig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »
Bboooo!  I will get off my rear and send them an email.  I use to shoot the course more when I was living up there but still love shooting the course when I can.  This isn't cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2016, 08:42:58 AM »
To the mayor's office and Parks Department:
"Dear Sirs,

I'm writing in protest of attempts by your city and parks department to violate your agreement with Silver Arrow Bowman, a lease agreement which still has another four (4) years left. Besides violating the lease agreement, this will drastically and negatively affect the club (a club which operates almost every day of the year), and your community as a whole. Additionally, the State Recreation Conservation Office awarded a 10-year grant to the Bowmen based on that agreement. Your actions will force Silver Arrow to violate that grant and I doubt seriously that the state will take this sitting down.

I personally drive from Vancouver, WA twice a year to attend shoots. While in Mt. Vernon, I spend money with your local merchants on food, gas, and anything else I need while I'm there, and I'm not alone. The range attracts at least hundreds of outsiders/tourist into Mt. Vernon each year for these events.  Also, the shooting sports are an important part of our nation's heritage and Silver Bowmen offers a quality, safe, and affordable recreation opportunity for your youth, community, and visitors for an extremely low fee.

This is a huge mistake and a great disservice to your community, all in the name of more gravel. It's unfortunate that your city's lack of foresight and planning puts you in a bind. But, that's not the fault of Silver Arrow. I ask you to immediately reconsider your actions in this regard and look for other solutions which don't include breaking the lease and harming your community, both the businesses and recreating public. In lieu of your reconsideration, I will contact every merchant I have visited in your city to make sure they understand why they'll be losing my future business and that of many others.

Thank you for your consideration of my comments. I request the courtesy of a reply when you make your final decision on the matter."
Pman
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2016, 11:13:29 AM »
A quick update. There was a short conversation with the parks director who is on 45 days on the job from Anacortes & a military retiree. The vibe we got was that since he is new to the job and area he doesnt have the lay of the land. My hope is that many emails to him and the mayor will enlighten them.

It is also my hunch that Martin Merita Materials (a large national company) may belive with a new mayor and parks director now is the time to put the squeeze on the range.

Thankyou pman for your professional letter of support, & anyone else has taken the time to help educate these 2 new city leaders.

Confucius

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
Thanks for the update. Email sent.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]