collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Can't beleive I saw this today  (Read 28115 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Can't beleive I saw this today
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
A disgrace?  Look, if someone wants to put duck heads on a pole and put it in their living room and look at them all day go for it, but if someone cuts off a bunch of duck heads and tallies around town with them and putting them in peoples faces that don't want to see it, then you get what is coming to you.  I you want to smoke, by all means go for it but if you blow that SHEET in my face, I promise you will have a problem.  What is you limit Campmeat?  You cant just go around doing what you want and put it in peoples faces and make them deal with it, it just don't work that way.  Seth30 wasn't going out of his way to find this, it found him, he has the right to go about his day and not see that.

My limit is when other people tell me what I can and can't do. It's none of their business. They could say something to me, if I did it, but, I'd tell them to, well, you know. I don't live by others feelings. I'm a free man and I think and do what I want and I don't need anyone butting into my business. How's that ? In the GOOD ol' days before all this pc crap, we used to put our elk heads on our trucks and parade them around like a prize, which it was and still is.  :tup:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »

You cant just go around doing what you want and put it in peoples faces and make them deal with it, it just don't work that way.  Seth30 wasn't going out of his way to find this, it found him, he has the right to go about his day and not see that.

Actually, if what you're doing is legal, you bet you can.  By this logic, there would be no snow goose hunting on Fir Island because the bird watchers have a right to go about their day watching birds without seeing them being shot.

Is this guy an idiot and are his actions completely unethical, yes, but since what he has done is legal, there's nothing anyone can do about it, besides shame him for the act.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
 :yeah:PC crap!  Although I would not reconmend anyone thread duck heads on their antenna, it's still legal and his biz. His truck and it's not getting rubbed into anyone's face. Nothing to be ashamed of when you think about it :twocents:
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline furbearer365

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
A disgrace?  Look, if someone wants to put duck heads on a pole and put it in their living room and look at them all day go for it, but if someone cuts off a bunch of duck heads and tallies around town with them and putting them in peoples faces that don't want to see it, then you get what is coming to you.  I you want to smoke, by all means go for it but if you blow that SHEET in my face, I promise you will have a problem.  What is you limit Campmeat?  You cant just go around doing what you want and put it in peoples faces and make them deal with it, it just don't work that way.  Seth30 wasn't going out of his way to find this, it found him, he has the right to go about his day and not see that.

My limit is when other people tell me what I can and can't do. It's none of their business. They could say something to me, if I did it, but, I'd tell them to, well, you know. I don't live by others feelings. I'm a free man and I think and do what I want and I don't need anyone butting into my business. How's that ? In the GOOD ol' days before all this pc crap, we used to put our elk heads on our trucks and parade them around like a prize, which it was and still is.  :tup:

Me and you are not that far away from our opinions, we are just miles away on how we conduct business.  Do I think it is wrong to put duck heads on your truck, NO.  But I understand that I am gaining nothing by parading them around to show others.  Stuff like this is done with no other reason than to show off.  If you want to be proud of yourself and your accomplishments in the field then do it, but my personal satisfaction comes from within, I don't need publicity from others that look at my dead animals and use that as a sense of belonging.  HOWS THAT

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

Me and you are not that far away from our opinions, we are just miles away on how we conduct business.  Do I think it is wrong to put duck heads on your truck, NO.  But I understand that I am gaining nothing by parading them around to show others.  Stuff like this is done with no other reason than to show off.  If you want to be proud of yourself and your accomplishments in the field then do it, but my personal satisfaction comes from within, I don't need publicity from others that look at my dead animals and use that as a sense of belonging.  HOWS THAT

Sounds OK to me. HOW'S THAT ?
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
To shoot that many Ducks is admirable.  To stack their heads on your truck antenna is stupid and insensitive to others that see them.  Illegal? No,  but Dumb, Yes!  :twocents:
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline cryfowl

• Hunter
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
Looks like an unsecure load to me.  Could blow off the antenna at anytime.   :IBCOOL:

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »
Looks like an unsecure load to me.  Could blow off the antenna at anytime.   :IBCOOL:

Nice.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline pens fan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
Yeah, watch the Dodge thing.
Respect for your quarry is severely neglected during hunter education. Instead they learn more about green stuff.

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 11:24:55 PM »
Back when I was in highschool I had a rabbit head on ny cb antenna. About a month later I asked myself what the hell I was doing and took it off. Probably some young guy.

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:37 PM »
Campmeat is right.  Also....its not much different than hanging heads on the wall, or the garage. Its not much different than wearing a fur coat, or snakeskin boots, its not much different than a bearskin rug.  Hypocrites all over this post. Just because your own little details differ doesnt kean your not displaying your kill or a dead animal at least.

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »
If you respect the animal or not is a personal thing and its not for others to decide.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 03:43:50 AM »
Well ....that will be the 1st I ever saw that  :yike: Idiot !  :yeah:

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 04:27:03 AM »
I see zero respect for the game that was harvested,yeah yeah yeah,free country ,not illegal..Its not illegal to let a door shut on a person behind you,or pass someone that needs help,to say thank you,you see where Im going here....poor taste,perhaps they will grow out of that.. :twocents:

Offline saltwaterhillbilly

• 'Bird Doggin'
  • Hunter
    • Call Kill Consume Northwest
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
Do you know what command this truck is parked at? I will be more than gladly to give his command and Lpo a call...
" Your not a Duck hunter your wearing face paint and duck commander t shirt"
"Civilized Men sleep soundly, because Rough Men Stand ready to do Violence on their behalf"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal