collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: lake lawerence closed to hunting  (Read 684 times)

Offline KB88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
lake lawerence closed to hunting
« on: December 02, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »
Lawerence Lake was a local favorite for me these last few years. My great grandpa had a house on the lake for many many years before selling it last year. Well for the closest spot to home I can now forget as there has been a new "No Shooting" ordinance in affect on the lake. Not sure how recent it was established but I do know that on Thanksgiving some idiots were hunting on part of the lake that brought the game warden out.  It was then when we were told there is to be no more shooting out on the lake and there were signs posted, just not anywhere near the boat launch. Go figure.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
Re: lake lawerence closed to hunting
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »
The one in Yelm?  If so, no wonder.  It is surrounded by California tranplants in huge houses who hate the sounds of guns and hunters.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:12:26 PM »
Wdfw and thurston county police told me that closed a few years ago to no shooting zone, I went through a lot of research and called a lot of people on this to make sure stories were adding up. It was clear to me it was closed. Really got me upset cause that was one of many areas around me that closed down. Spots are very limited now and success has really dropped because of it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:18:04 PM by duckmen1 »
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline KB88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
Nice new shiny signs up by public beach access with that volley ball net. I know they are new because my grandfathers house was right next to the park. It was ironic because as I was hunting there last, there were some folks (we will leave it at that) that were shooting over and over and over and over and over and over and over at the same downed bird in the water several different times. I told my partner "It's people like them that will ruin these little spots for us".

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal