collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: RUN TO REMEMBER: Fallen heroes 5K  (Read 52444 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: RUN TO REMEMBER: Fallen heroes 5K
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
The wife and i would love to run it this 5K. We need to keep it updaying on here some how so people wont forget. I will put a reminder till the web site is done. It would be awesome.

Offline workstohunt

• Scout
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
I love the poly shirt :tup: I have a stack of cotton shirts I never wear. I would wear the one that BLR designed all the time. I love it. Something I could even wear hunting. It would mean a lot to take him hunting.
June 21st ---I will be there.

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »
Color added, gold star lapel pin added, flag enlarged (still unfinished though).

Version 1 - Stars etc. removed.

Version 2 - With stars etc. The reason I made it was trying to be symbolic of a circle, stars growing larger from the flag that was fading into white. Trying to represent how memories never fade so even though loved ones are lost, they are not forgotten. Going towards the footprint because we are now running a 5k in their memory.

Versions 3 and 4 - Hunt-WA prospective versions! On the bottom it has "Heroes Live Forever 'colockumelk' Cpt. Aaron R. Blanchard".

:dunno: Finished for today, let me know what to attempt next or if I'm way off the ball on this.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »
I cannot describe to you how freaking awesome those are!!!!!!!!!  I am gonna run these by my mother who is co planner on this deal and I will get back to you you.  I love the shirt for the huntwa folks too!  Probably have to put it up for a vote a little later down the road as to which one the huntwa family likes the best!  Thank you so much!!!!!! 
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
SG,
I have to Echo the above statement of "those are freaking awesome". I like the 2 with more color and love the elk antlers. Nice work!!!!!!!

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:43 PM »
Never a doubt that I'm in and will work on funding and participation.

Wife and oldest will run.  Fat man will walk/trot.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
Long term? I'm thinking HW cookoff contest at the same time with proceeds going to the same thing? Just a thought since that ideas been tosed around already. :dunno:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »
Keep me posted solo lets do it  :tup:
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
Make it a camp out weekend somewhere close and Hunt-WA BBQ Summer Fest.....

Smossy's Girl..... I love the design but I think the boot track is better in black.  I know the mud idea but that brown is off to me.  I loved your initial design in Black.  I'd say just color the Flag and maybe the pins.......

And I'd make the pins about 2/3 smaller.  They are there and folks that know what they are will appreciate and tell the tale but take away from your leading on the text. 

My .02 cents worth about .0002

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
BLRMAN, i am sure you have thought of this but incase you havent, when the event is a couple weeks out, email the MENS ROOM 99.9, they really like doing stuff for the wounded warriors and pretty much anything to do with service men and women, it would be another way to get the event out there  :tup: maybe even email them sooner, maybe they would do a broadcast from it, they have done stuff like this in the past...
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 07:09:52 AM »
BLRMAN, i am sure you have thought of this but incase you havent, when the event is a couple weeks out, email the MENS ROOM 99.9, they really like doing stuff for the wounded warriors and pretty much anything to do with service men and women, it would be another way to get the event out there  :tup: maybe even email them sooner, maybe they would do a broadcast from it, they have done stuff like this in the past...
they are on my p.r. list.  I am gonna start beating the war drums about middle of April and then hit it really hard end of May all through June.  They interviewed my dad when he did his ride.  I'm not holding out hope for many wet siders as there are 7-8 races that day on that side, but hey, you never know.  Even if it hooks a few that is better than zero.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
Dang, I will be at a half marathon in Seattle that weekend that my GF is running in.

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »
I cannot describe to you how freaking awesome those are!!!!!!!!!  I am gonna run these by my mother who is co planner on this deal and I will get back to you you.  I love the shirt for the huntwa folks too!  Probably have to put it up for a vote a little later down the road as to which one the huntwa family likes the best!  Thank you so much!!!!!!

Thank you, and you are most certainly welcome. Okay let me know what she says and any ideas that come to mind. I definitely welcome/want other members' ideas and thoughts as well, but I will be going by your final word :). If someone posts up an idea you want to try just say the word. The only reason is because I know how fast hundreds of opinions can change the entire thing, and I don't want to chase down every idea unless you agree, this is your project.

Make it a camp out weekend somewhere close and Hunt-WA BBQ Summer Fest.....

Smossy's Girl..... I love the design but I think the boot track is better in black.  I know the mud idea but that brown is off to me.  I loved your initial design in Black.  I'd say just color the Flag and maybe the pins.......

And I'd make the pins about 2/3 smaller.  They are there and folks that know what they are will appreciate and tell the tale but take away from your leading on the text. 

My .02 cents worth about .0002

I agree with that, made them smaller, I'll post up versions later :) .

I did like the faded black boot print but when it changed from being black and white only - to having color - I tried to make it brown for a muddy effect lol. It's simple enough to change back and forth so it'll be up to the main man.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
I like the smaller stars idea and my mom and a few other folks like the less busy #1 version.  I kind of like the added color of the brown but if its not too much trouble let's see if it pops more in black.  This is def the design we are running (haha) with!

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »
Shirts are looking awesome

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]