collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Waterfowl Mitigation Area - In Elma  (Read 2375 times)

Offline SpencerUSMC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Waterfowl Mitigation Area - In Elma
« on: November 17, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
Anybody ever seen this place?  It out by the Metal Recycling place in the Satsop Development area... 

I was driving around out there this weekend and stumbled across this pond, its about 300 yrds long and 200 yrds wide.  It was just covered in ducks, Mallards, Widgeon, Pintails.  Easy 5000 ducks there, easily that many if not more.  I was pretty content with saying that not to many ducks have came down yet until I saw this place.  Not sure if things just don't heat up until after that places freezes over or what.  It sure was a sight to see.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: Waterfowl Mitigation Area - In Elma
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »
Hmmm,
Are you talking about the Chehalis unit down off Shouweiler rd??  The guys haven't had alot of luck there so far, however Sunday about the end of shooting as they were hooking up the boat, they said a load of ducks came in.  Another guy was also packing up and said he'd never seen so many come in.  :dunno:

I am trying to place the recycling place....there is one right on the side of the highway but I don't recall a pond right in that area.  On the road going to the airport are the 2 fishing ponds, then there is alot of private farmland.

I'm finally seeing more ducks when I am out.....I've become a designated scout...LOL.

Offline SpencerUSMC

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
When i get home I'll get the road names its off of.  And no its not that unit, It had no hunting signs and a sign that said "Waterfowl Mitigation area" either that or Wildlife mitigation area, can't remember for sure.  Either way it was a sign i had never seen before, the whole place is fenced in.  Its on Utility RD.  Can't remember what it intersects with.

Offline SpencerUSMC

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:05:26 PM »
Its off of Lambert and Utility Rd..   How close to that place do you hunt?  I drove around that area for awhile and couldn't really find too many places that looked like hey were worth hunting.

Offline SpencerUSMC

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »
gotcha...  I have some private land off of twelve, it doesn't seem to produce until later in the year, been hunting on some public down that way and doing alright.  It always seems that the guy on the river are doing quite a bit of shooting.

Offline SpencerUSMC

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »
I'll send you a pm.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
We are out in Porter....

anyone know why the buffalo farm pulled their hunt by permission signs? 

I was wondering if whoever bought the farm across the street leased it, although I've never seen anyone hunting out there, just their signage indicating they are a private hunt club.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal