collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crossbows  (Read 35178 times)

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: Crossbows
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »
If you are a real hunter, you don't even need the bow, just shove the arrow in with your fist.   8)    :chuckle:

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »
If you are a real hunter, you don't even need the bow, just shove the arrow in with your fist.   8)    :chuckle:

That's how Chuck Norris hunts isn't it?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »
Liam neeson does  :chuckle:

Offline BoArcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: PVA
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
I'm not really sure what the main issue is with the use of crossbows during archery season is.  Can someone tell me?  Especially since these days compound bows far outshoot crossbows.  60 yards is actually a long shot for a crossbow considering arrow drop.  Also the majority of scopes are only pinned out to 50 yards.  I've also read a lot of comments from archery hunters on this forum saying that if they were disabled they'd start gun hunting.  Ask yourself this- why do you archery hunt now?  If your answer is because of the excitement of having to get in close to the animal then why would you want to quit if you could switch to a crossbow?  Be honest-you wouldn't.

I've been hunting with bows since I was 12.  I'm 47 now.  Started with a recurve with no sights.  Bought my first compound in 1986 and still didn't use sights.  Finally started using sights around 1998.  My point is that the sport keeps evolving and new advances in technology makes it easier to kill animals using archery equipment.  So if it shoots an arrow what difference does it make wether its a shoulder fired or not?  Why should anyone shooting an arrow slight anyone else who chooses to shoot an arrow a different way?

I am disabled due to Lou Gehrig's disease.  Fortunately the progression has been slow.  I am unable to pull a bow back anymore and have some difficulty walking very far.  I started using a crossbow two years ago.  Carrying a crossbow SUCKS!  They are heavy and cumbersome.  I'd much rather carry a bow.  I carry the crossbow because I still feel like an archery hunter and want to remain an archery hunter.  It's in my blood.  I like the challenge of having to get close.  I enjoy the solitude of the archery season.  No guns going off all the time.

So please consider everything before making statements that could eventually hurt all archery hunters.  Remember it wasn't all that long ago when archery was considered evil by the mainstream due to arrows left in the woods and injured animals.  We all need to stick together.  Please don't let your own biases and jealousies ruin someone else's hunting opportunities or experience.

Offline SquirrelHunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »
Did they remove the ability for disabled hunters to use a crossbow during archery seasons with a disabled hunters permit? Ive looked through the regs 3 times and cant find the verbage any longer on its use. All i can find  is on page 85 that it can be used during modern forearm season only. Also in searching the wdfw site all i found was the peuposed new phamphlet with all the verbage of disabled huners using crossedbows crossed out. Anyone have any knowledge on this?
"Incoming bullets have the right away"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter