collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Too lite for Elk?  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Opportunist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Too lite for Elk?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
    This is the address to their site which I'm not sure is active. It is blocked for some reason through my work internet. You could order online in the past. They've gone out of business a couple of times.

www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

These bullets are made for the White muzzleloader and design to be squib fired before loading. I don't do that, I make a small plastic patch out of a sandwich bag the size of a quarter for my first load, I just can't hunt with a dirty barrel. They are very accurate shot after shot and load easily. I have killed 4 bulls and 6 bucks and all have had devastating results, dropping 3 of the bulls in their tracks and the other one travelled 10 yards. All of the bucks dropped in their tracks. I shot a 3 point blacktail in the ass at 20 yards with the 545 grain out of my .54 and the bullet travelled the full length of his body, shot out his neck and my hunting partner could hear the bullet zinging across the canyon. The buck flipped ass over head, pretty flippin' cool.

Like I say I like the big bullets out of my muzzleloaders. I shot a couple of bucks with saboted hard cast pistol bullets and yeah they killed the bucks but not with the authority of the big bullets.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:35:03 AM by Opportunist »
"Deer season is just a scouting trip for my next elk hunt"

Offline Moose Eyes

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Too lite for Elk?
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 08:41:43 PM »
    This is the address to their site which I'm not sure is active. It is blocked for some reason through my work internet. You could order online in the past. They've gone out of business a couple of times.

www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

These bullets are made for the White muzzleloader and design to be squib fired before loading. I don't do that, I make a small plastic patch out of a sandwich bag the size of a quarter for my first load, I just can't hunt with a dirty barrel. They are very accurate shot after shot and load easily. I have killed 4 bulls and 6 bucks and all have had devastating results, dropping 3 of the bulls in their tracks and the other one travelled 10 yards. All of the bucks dropped in their tracks. I shot a 3 point blacktail in the ass at 20 yards with the 545 grain out of my .54 and the bullet travelled the full length of his body, shot out his neck and my hunting partner could hear the bullet zinging across the canyon. The buck flipped ass over head, pretty flippin' cool.

Like I say I like the big bullets out of my muzzleloaders. I shot a couple of bucks with saboted hard cast pistol bullets and yeah they killed the bucks but not with the authority of the big bullets.

Those are great bullets but if you e-mail Doc he will likely direct you to another location like the Bull Shop or No Excuses.  Both make excellent hunting conicals.
NRA
NAHC
Washington for Wildlife

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw