collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sportsman Input Needed: Governor's Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation  (Read 8347 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Sportsman Input Needed: Governor's Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation

Gov. Jay Inslee established the Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation through Executive Order 14-01 to develop an action plan and recommendations to manage, transform, better leverage, or develop Washington’s outdoor recreation assets and state programs to increase outdoor recreation activities as well as promote the jobs and business associated with outdoor reaction.

The task force will hold several meetings across the state to collect information on regional priorities and suggestions for state action. The task force will complete a draft pan and recommendations by September 1, 2014 and a final plan and recommendations by September 18. The task force will expire on December 31, 2014.

Charter
Governor's briefing paper on the task force

http://www.engageoutdoorwashington.com/about-this-site

Washington Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation

The Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation invites you to contribute your thoughts, ideas, and creativity regarding ways to transform outdoor recreation in Washington State.  During the next four months, we will prompt you with questions falling under several key focus areas as part of an online forum.

We value your input and look forward to hearing from you! 

Washington Governor Jay Inslee established the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation to develop an action plan and recommendations to manage, transform, and leverage Washington's outdoor recreation assets and state programs.

The action plan and recommendations will focus on the following:
• Increase outdoor recreation activities and promote jobs and businesses associated with outdoor recreation.

• Support and expand outdoor recreation jobs, businesses, and tourism across the state.

• Promote and expand recreationaly fishing and hunting opportunities as a way of advancing local economies.

• Promote outdoor recreation experiences and increase environmental awareness for youth, families, and adults.

• Support Washington-based businesses' use of Washington's quality of life and outdoor recreation experiences in recruiting and retaining talented employees as well as in attracting new businesses to the state.

• Develop long-term sustainable funding sources for Washington State Parks and other outdoor recreation lands and infrastructure managed by the Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Natural Resources.

• Develop recommendations for establishing an organizational mechanism to oversee implementation of the action plan.

The action plan and recommendations are due to the Governor and Legislature by September 19, 2014.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
Fellow Hunters, Fishers, & Recreationists,

This Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Recreation provides an opportunity for hunters, fishers, and other recreationists to be heard.
With your help, it's important that we (hunters, fishers, and other recreationists) provide insight and fresh new ideas to improve opportunities for hunters, fishers, other recreationists, and to help create recreational jobs that will benefit local economies. It's my hope to help gather as much input and garner as much involvement as possible to help perpetuate our outdoor heritage, so please be as involved as you can.

Thanks,
Dale

Ready to make your voice heard? Get started here: Engage Outdoor Washington

How It Works
This is your community. Shouldn't you have a say in what its future looks like? Join this online conversation to connect with community members and local leaders.

Topics 
Your community leaders have some questions, and they need your input. Submit your ideas and discuss with others on the Topics page.

Activity
As everyone weighs in, all your ideas are listed on the Activity page. Here, you can sort, rate and comment on them all in one place.

Who’s Listening
The community leaders who are taking part in this conversation are listed on the Who’s Listening page. They’re taking your input into account and shaping the future of your community based on the feedback they’re receiving from you and your fellow participants.

FAQ
How do I get started? How do I customize my profile? How do I find out who is sponsoring this site? What is a topic? How do I provide feedback? How can I see what other participants are saying? What happens to my feedback? What does it mean when an idea is reviewed? How do I accumulate points? How can I share this site with my friends on other social networks? (and answers to other questions)

Top Contributors
Weekly Active Participants, All-Time Active Participants, Top Idea Generators, Top Commenters, Want to earn more points? Here’s how!

Rewards Store
We want you to know how much we appreciate your contributions to our online conversation. Here you can redeem the engagement points you earned for great local rewards.

About this Site
Your community is officially sponsoring this site. At the About page, see who's listening and read about their goals for this forum.

Washington Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation

The Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation invites you to contribute your thoughts, ideas, and creativity regarding ways to transform outdoor recreation in Washington State.  During the next four months, we will prompt you with questions falling under several key focus areas as part of an online forum.

We value your input and look forward to hearing from you! 

Washington Governor Jay Inslee established the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation to develop an action plan and recommendations to manage, transform, and leverage Washington's outdoor recreation assets and state programs.

The action plan and recommendations will focus on the following:

• Increase outdoor recreation activities and promote jobs and businesses associated with outdoor recreation.

• Support and expand outdoor recreation jobs, businesses, and tourism across the state.

• Promote and expand recreational fishing and hunting opportunities as a way of advancing local economies.

• Promote outdoor recreation experiences and increase environmental awareness for youth, families, and adults.

• Support Washington-based businesses' use of Washington's quality of life and outdoor recreation experiences in recruiting and retaining talented employees as well as in attracting new businesses to the state.

• Develop long-term sustainable funding sources for Washington State Parks and other outdoor recreation lands and infrastructure managed by the Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Natural Resources.

• Develop recommendations for establishing an organizational mechanism to oversee implementation of the action plan.

The action plan and recommendations are due to the Governor and Legislature by September 19, 2014.

More Resources:

Task Force Web Site
Task Force Membership
Washington Recreation and Conservation Office Web site
Meeting Schedule
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:48:11 AM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
 :tup: Thanks Dale. I posted this on a couple other like minded forums and will FB it too
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Im on it................

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
THANK YOU BEARPAW :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
Great, I'm seeing some participation from hunters on the website, thanks for the participation, it's very important for hunters, fishers, and all other types of recreationists to express their ideas during this process!  :tup:

Participate Here: Engage Outdoor Washington

Offline blackdog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Advocate ..
We need to have a bigger show of our numbers in my opinion. The deck is already stacked against us. Please log in and share your ideas and support the ones you like by clicking on the stars. :hello:

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
We need to have a bigger show of our numbers in my opinion. The deck is already stacked against us. Please log in and share your ideas and support the ones you like by clicking on the stars. :hello:

Agreed, hunters really need to take a minute and express their concerns. I would like to see some hunters as the top participants by posting often. :tup:

Participate Here: Engage Outdoor Washington

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Im seeing some people that MUST be from here postin on here... Its kinda fun to try and figure out who is who. We all know certain people from here are posting, but we arnt using the same Moniker!  :chuckle: Bet you cant guess who I am! and even if your right i'll deny it!
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Expedition Scout

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
"By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent"

Offline Jacque

• Pack Mule
  • Hunter
It was painfully obvious that Hunters and Fishermen were left out of the Blue Ribbon Charter.   It is imparative that our voice is heard.

Offline blackdog

• Longhunter
  • Advocate ..
yes we only have Dale and he needs to be able to point to our input or our heritage gets minimized in the report.  :yike:

Offline whack em

• Hunter
"Civilized life has altogether grown too tame, and, if it is to be stable, it must provide a harmless outlets for the impulses which our remote ancestors satisfied in hunting." --Bertrand Russell

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
It's imperative that hunters and any other recreational groups post their thoughts if they want to be included in whatever action results from this task force. Generally speaking, "The squeaky gets the grease!"

Sign up and participate often, visit the site every day and add comments, add stars to other comments you like, and post new topics and any solutions that come to mind.

THANKS FOR YOUR INVOLVEMENT  :hello:

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Plageurized your signature on there Dale........sorry
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics