collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nw accura v2 anyone shooting it?  (Read 13604 times)

Offline aileron737

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Nw accura v2 anyone shooting it?
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
I know someone has one.  What do u think.  I'm trying to decide between the CVA and the knight disc extreme. I know some here love knight, but I want some info on how it's going with the accura. What powder what bullets. Has anyone used a #11mag instead of a RSW musket primer.

Thank in advance

Offline hunter75

• Tracker
Re: Nw accura v2 anyone shooting it?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
I have the exact same question, any takers?

Offline brianmtsinc

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:37:39 PM »
I am looking for my first Muzzy and have been reading a lot of reviews on the CVA Accura v2 and like what I am reading, but would love to hear some reviews / thoughts from some hunt wa members  :tup:

Thanks,
Brian

Offline d.winsor

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »
You must be talking about the Northwest version of the Accura V2.  I have an Accura V2 it uses the 209 primer, the only thing I had to do with it was to use a CVA shim kit to adjust the firing pin bushing flush with the breech face, It was shooting dirty in the breech area.  Now it is clean as a pin.  Right out of the box with the 250 grain T/C shockwaves I got 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.  I have read a lot about Shockwaves not expanding and such.  So I have got me some Hornady 44 Cal 300 grain hp XTP bullets and some harvester and 2 different types of MMP sabots, I am going to try them this weekend.  I did shoot the Hornady 250 grain SST/ML Bullets and I had a 1 1/2" group at 100 yards with them too,  I just think they are to close to the Shockwaves because Hornady makes them both and they look almost the same.  The Accura is a sweet shooting gun, shooting the T/C SW I shoot in my T-shirt and don't really feel the recoil with 100 grain of BH 209.  I have a leupold VX-2 3x9x40 scope on mine and it is a real sweet setup.  It is really easy to clean.  The Northwest version comes with a bergara barrel just like the regular Accura V2.  Also the breech plug is shaped to shoot loose propellants reliably.  They strongly recommend using RWS Musket Caps.  If the Northwest is like my Accura V2 they give you So many days to shoot the gun (I think 17).  If it is not the best shooting muzzleloader you have ever shot they will refund your money.  I would check with CVA to make sure it is the same for the Northwest.  They both have the QRBP - Quick Release Breech Plug.  You can shoot 20 times and still remove the breech plug with your fingers, no tools needed.  Well I can't say enough good about my V2, if you buy one I hope you have the same experience.

Offline Sabotloader

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
I know someone has one.  What do u think.  I'm trying to decide between the CVA and the knight disc extreme. I know some here love knight, but I want some info on how it's going with the accura. What powder what bullets. Has anyone used a #11mag instead of a RSW musket primer.

Thank in advance

I use #11 Mag and more preferably the RWS Dynamit Nobel 1075+ exclusively.  A lot of people believe the Musket to be hotter than the #11 Mag or RWS but there are not.  They are hotter than a regular #11 cap.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,120040.msg1583364.html#msg1583364

Personally and I am biased - Knight DISC.  The converted break actions are exactly that a rifle converted from shooting primers to shooting caps.  Think about the spring pressure of pulling the hammer back on a break action and pulling the hammer back with a side lock.  I believe there is a reason that the side locks have such a heavy spring.
Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline MountainDevil54

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »
CVA has upgraded the internals to a heavier spring set up for the NW rifles they make.

Offline brianmtsinc

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:00:54 AM »
I ordered mine yesterday and it will be here Wednesday!!  :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: 

Being a first time muzzy shooter, I ordered everything they recommended.  I am sure I bought more than I needed but I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything.  I can't wait to get it and start shooting!!   :tup:

Offline Damnimissed

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
I agree Sabotloader, the RWS 1075's are hotter than a musket cap, and the only way to go (outside of a 209). Plus, you can waterproof them better than a musket cap, since they don't have
relief cuts. (I spend a lot of time in nasty wet creek bottoms).

Offline brianmtsinc

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »
Thanks to some lessons I picked up here on HuntWa and some great advice from MountainDevil, I took out my new (and freshly cleaned) CVA Accura V2 last Saturday and loved it!  It was all a learning experience for me as I had never shot a muzzy before, but after about 10 shots, and figuring out how to adjust the sights,  I started figuring it out.  I ended the day shooting over 22 shots over 4 hours!!  :yike: :yike: 

My last 5 shots were: 3 at 50 yards about a 2.5 inch group.  My last two at 100 yrds we just outside the bulls-eye with about a 4 inch group.   :IBCOOL:    That may not be close to how well some of you shoot, but for a first timer, and open sights,  I was pretty happy!!  :tup: :IBCOOL:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
Thanks to some lessons I picked up here on HuntWa and some great advice from MountainDevil, I took out my new (and freshly cleaned) CVA Accura V2 last Saturday and loved it!  It was all a learning experience for me as I had never shot a muzzy before, but after about 10 shots, and figuring out how to adjust the sights,  I started figuring it out.  I ended the day shooting over 22 shots over 4 hours!!  :yike: :yike: 

My last 5 shots were: 3 at 50 yards about a 2.5 inch group.  My last two at 100 yrds we just outside the bulls-eye with about a 4 inch group.   :IBCOOL:    That may not be close to how well some of you shoot, but for a first timer, and open sights,  I was pretty happy!!  :tup: :IBCOOL:
i was impressed with how your gun shot and I really like the thumb hole stock, sure wish I could find one for my t/c XR.  I am super impressed with the finger release type breech!! That was by far my favorite item with the gun. You did great bri for the first time shooting a muzzy.  Now lets find that big bull in the white!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »
Where did you buy your v2 from and how much if you dont mind, I am leaning towards this gun. Tks nwhunter

Offline Carl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 10:21:21 PM »
Tag

Offline MarkyMark

• Longhunter
  • Veteran Paramedic-Firefighter. Greenhorn Hunter
  • Groups: IAFF WSCFF
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »
You can shop around but I found the best deal at muzzle-loaders.com.
Tomfoolery Approved

Offline MarkyMark

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
http://muzzle-loaders.com/rifles/cva/accura/pr3123sn.php

Give them a call. They may give you an availability date.
Tomfoolery Approved

Offline MarkyMark

• Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »

Tomfoolery Approved

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter