collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: extreme cold weather and varmint hunting!  (Read 3083 times)

Offline dbur525

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • Billy Bullet
extreme cold weather and varmint hunting!
« on: December 13, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
We want to go coyote hunting this weekend ,i'm thinking since this is the first real cold blast of weather, that this will put the coyotes on the move and easier to spot anybody have any thoughts on this?

we are going to the yakima training center
Painting & Identifying Bullet Tips & Cases for safety
                             "know your load"
                     Billy Bullet marking Systems
           billybulletbullettipmarkingsystems.com

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: extreme cold weather and varmint hunting!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
 :twocents:  Cold weather usually means good movement and good activity, but throw in the wind and it makes calling very difficult.  The dogs are in sheltered areas, so if you can work into drainages that are somewhat protected from the wind you sure can call in some yotes or Roberts.  Be careful not to skyline yourself.  Personally when the wind chill gets this cold I wait a day or two till the wind dies down a bit, but I'm just a wuss.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline runniNgunnin

• "HE WHO FISTS COWS"-indian name
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: extreme cold weather and varmint hunting!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:17:20 PM »
yeah, i try to think of other criters that coyotes would be eating. if its to cold and windy for them, then the yoties probably wont be trying to get'em. but on the hand coyotes are alot tougher then you and me, well atleast me... the onlything that ever stops me from calling is the wind, and right now at my house here in sunnyside its howling. but ill still be out there in the morning. ill be on martinez land right along the fireing center fence, maybe ill see you out there .... 21 degrees here,and dropping reallll fast..  :twocents:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal