Remove all "Master Hunter" seasons for 460 and 4601
30 (25.4%)
Change "Master Hunter" Season to run during General Muzzle Loader season
3 (2.5%)
Limit "Master Hunters" to hunt only private land. No Public land or DNR
34 (28.8%)
Make "Master Hunters" Use Archery equipment only and wear Hunter Orange
3 (2.5%)
Im a "master hunter" leave my season alone.
48 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: How Many want "master Hunters" Out of North Bend, Snoq  (Read 28623 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: How Many want "master Hunters" Out of North Bend, Snoq
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »
What's their season?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline brutus1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »
If you don't like something join the master hunter group and be a board member and change the rules to your liking. ...I don't belong to a gang as you refer to, and I dont believe in most hunts that are offered in this program. ..Most master hunters in my opinion  couldn't hunt any other way. Define a true hunter and not a killer a big difference that's what this program has become..my two cents.

Offline bustbigking

• Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Thank you Steve miller. You are correct! That is exactly what they are doing and if anyone disagrees you are either one of the MH doing it or don't realize the facts! My good long time friend is a MH and has been doing do since it first came out called advanced hunter education. I know what is going on not only in 460 but 335 and 3911. If you don't know than you might want to find out and realize how it is impacting all general season elk hunting and elk habits. And Jackelope, I have witnessed and my friends and others have witnessed elk hunting areas that no one knew about except long time locals and the game wardens "from scouting us out", become hot spots for MH pre season. Me and a friend watched MH get esscorted by a known game warden into an area that only few knew about, killed a cow and asked my friend to show them how to gut and clean it!! They had no clue how to gut an animal! That was just the beginning of many issues with the MH!

Offline woodswalker

• Curmudgeon in training
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/Grumpys-Gun-Repair-153675238330367/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc
    • Grumpys Gun Repair
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF, SRPA WHEIA
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
Bust and Brutus....go here  http://snoqualmievalleyelk.org/ Attend the meetings and learn.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

Whatta ya mean I can't have one of each?

What we have here is...Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife.

WDFW is going farther and farther backwards....we need FISH AND GAME back!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
So what are their season dates?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline bustbigking

• Pilgrim
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
I'm not going to join a group I disagree with.

Offline hntrspud

• Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA DU RMEF Washington for Wildlife SVEF
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »
If they are herding elk, as you say, then I thank them for herding them onto public land so I could shoot my bull. You dont have to join to go the the elk group. BTW the elk group is not all master hunters looking to push their own agenda.

Offline woodswalker

• Curmudgeon in training
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/Grumpys-Gun-Repair-153675238330367/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc
    • Grumpys Gun Repair
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF, SRPA WHEIA
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »

So you are saying that you wont try to learn facts if they go against your preconcieved notions?  Afraid you might learn that you are not correct?

WERE you to attend you would find landowners who are NOT MH fans...but also dont like the elk eating things and tearing out fences.  But then that might be a FACT...which contradicts your view.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

Whatta ya mean I can't have one of each?

What we have here is...Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife.

WDFW is going farther and farther backwards....we need FISH AND GAME back!

Offline bustbigking

• Pilgrim
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
There are 35 permits givin to MH for NorthBend. Season is from Aug 1st-march 31st....yes 8 month long season! Guess the elk get a couple months rest.. Oh and y'all thought elk season was from sep-nov.... While most of us are floating the north fork and giving the elk a break, MH are out chasing elk hunting them.. Hmmmm. O

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »

Pretty sure spud is referring to the upper Snoqualmie valley elk group, not the MH group. Are you aware of that group, bustbigking?

Offline bustbigking

• Pilgrim
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
Woodswalker, if you read my post I stated that one of the issues up for change in 2015 is the MH not being allowed to hunt public land because the landowners are getting angry because the MH are pushing the elk onto there land that once stayed on wdfw lands and DNR land. Causing damage to crops. The homeowners are also getting fed up with MH asking to hunt elk they just pushed onto there land. I know exactly what is going on and it sucks for everyone

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »
Thank you Steve miller. You are correct! That is exactly what they are doing and if anyone disagrees you are either one of the MH doing it or don't realize the facts! My good long time friend is a MH and has been doing do since it first came out called advanced hunter education. I know what is going on not only in 460 but 335 and 3911. If you don't know than you might want to find out and realize how it is impacting all general season elk hunting and elk habits. And Jackelope, I have witnessed and my friends and others have witnessed elk hunting areas that no one knew about except long time locals and the game wardens "from scouting us out", become hot spots for MH pre season. Me and a friend watched MH get esscorted by a known game warden into an area that only few knew about, killed a cow and asked my friend to show them how to gut and clean it!! They had no clue how to gut an animal! That was just the beginning of many issues with the MH!
I dont want you to think that I agree or disagree with you I was just saying that I know that they do herd elk,Not saying that they have some ill concieved game plan to put them where they and only they hunt.I think the idea of going to a meeting with these groups would be a great idea as long as it was with an open mind.MH's dont always get the call to do a hunt most times they dont,MH's dont always fill their freezers either,They dont get privvy info that only they can get either.Anyone could get more info on where the herds are by putting boots to the ground,A phone call to another MH just wont get it done. In my op  :twocents: Some times when there is a problem with a herd they dont send MH's in to kill the elk with tags,They simply go there and herd them somewhere else.Sorry if there was any confusion.
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline Goldeneye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • One shot One Kill
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
There are 35 permits givin to MH for NorthBend. Season is from Aug 1st-march 31st....yes 8 month long season! Guess the elk get a couple months rest.. Oh and y'all thought elk season was from sep-nov.... While most of us are floating the north fork and giving the elk a break, MH are out chasing elk hunting them.. Hmmmm. O

You do realize that of those 35 permits most are not actively hunting and a good number may not get called to hunt.  They can only go into the field after a landowner contacts WDFW and files a damage complaint.  Then that landowner get's a MH assigned.  That MH then meets with the landowner and learns the property restrictions etc.  Than and only then can the MH hunt that property.  The MH will never initiate contact with a landowner for hunting purposes.  Their direction comes from WDFW after the property owner initiated the request.  Yes, it is a long season.  It is that way to address nuisance animals during times when the bulk of complaints are filed with WDFW. This is not for sport hunting.

To repeat what others have said.  There are not any MH's hunting with this permit on public land.  It is not valid for that.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »
Going against hunter groups of any kind will not help our way.
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
Of coarse of the anti MH made your requests known during the comment period WDFW has for their proposals. Another example of hunters against hunters.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal