collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where to store my guns  (Read 7063 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Where to store my guns
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
While you're at it, you should go room to room thanking all your classmates for their support of 594.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »
I'll see what I can find out from some of my friends tonight. I wouldn't have it stored at the WSU Police station, it would take about 3 hours for you to retrieve it everytime you wanted to go hunting.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »
Are you sure WSU doesn't have a gun locker for students?

I have a son at Montana State, and the walk-in gun locker is on the 1st floor of each dorm building......  of course, that's Montana.
campus police is where mine lived when I lived in housing here at Central a couple years ago.  It was easy enough to retrieve them even at 3am to head out hunting there is always a campus cop on duty.  longest it took me one times 20 minutes cuz he had to deal with a call.

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »
Talk to a couple people last night. The only place they knew that had firearm storage besides the WSU police was Diamondback Range in Lewiston. A little far to have to retrieve your firearm. It is in Idaho though so you wouldn't be subject to 594.

Here's the info from the WSU police website on gun checks:

WSUPD offers a safe place for you to store your firearm/s while you are on campus.  Whether you live on campus or are just going to class, we will store your weapons, free of charge. 

The gun check window is located on the south side of the Public Safety Building and can be access 24 hours a day.  There you will see a call box which connects directly to our dispatch center.  When using the call box, press the button and wait for a dispatcher to answer.  You will be asked a couple of questions and then an officer will be dispatched to assist you.

Rules of a Gun Check:

All weapons must be unloaded
    If you have your firearm in a locked case, make sure and bring the key with you so the officer can verify the serial number
    Your firearm does not need to be in a case to be left at WSUPD
    You may store as many firearms as you would like
    We DO NOT store ammunition
    You may check your firearm in and out as many times as you would like

If you have any questions regarding the gun check procedure feel free to call WSUPD at 509-335-8548 before bringing your firearm on campus.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 07:44:53 AM »
I hope you're still able to do this without hassle after Dec 4th. Please update us if there are changes to the policy.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 09:49:52 AM »
I wouldn't let 594 stop me. The reason I chose to keep mine in my room is because they (incorrectly) told me that it would be illegal for me to do so. The wording of WSU sounds like its optional to store with them, not mandatory. If that's the case, I might consider storing with them especially if you'll be away for a while.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal