collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: $15,000 reward offered in Washington wolf shooting case  (Read 27983 times)

Offline brianmtsinc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: $15,000 reward offered in Washington wolf shooting case
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
Poaching? Anyone and I mean anyone who hunts and still supports wolves is an absolute moron!!  These same morons complain about not seeing game! Tag prices to high, not drawing quality tags!!  To call these folks who killed this wolf a poacher is absolute ignorance. 

Here is the line!!! -------- your either on this side or that side..  To hell with any wolf taking my love of hunting away!!  I've worked to hard and spent way to much time and money helping out elk, to have some wolf lover try and bash my fellow hunters!! Kill every damn wolf that is alive....  They were brought here in total secrecy from the hunting community, we were lied to and still are being lied to!!!

Dont like my post, go hug a damn wolf and leave hunters alone..
Your anger is misguided and I don't believe the issue is black and white.  Its not a kill them all or don't kill any...those are the sides that get the most attention and as usual the reasoned voices are drowned out.  Hunters are the ones who ultimately lose if we are portrayed to the public as supporting any kind of poaching.  :twocents:

Not when some dont consider it poaching! Trying to change a hunters love of hunting to Anti's is a waste of time!! I hear we should do this and do that so that the public dont see this or see that! How far did that get us? No baiting, no dogs? The list goes on and on.  If we wait until the antis and pro wolf people have their way our herds will be gone or severly diminished.. Im not willing to take that chance. And yes on the contrary it is black and white..
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
Poaching? Anyone and I mean anyone who hunts and still supports wolves is an absolute moron!!  These same morons complain about not seeing game! Tag prices to high, not drawing quality tags!!  To call these folks who killed this wolf a poacher is absolute ignorance. 

Here is the line!!! -------- your either on this side or that side..  To hell with any wolf taking my love of hunting away!!  I've worked to hard and spent way to much time and money helping out elk, to have some wolf lover try and bash my fellow hunters!! Kill every damn wolf that is alive....  They were brought here in total secrecy from the hunting community, we were lied to and still are being lied to!!!

Your anger is misguided and I don't believe the issue is black and white.  Its not a kill them all or don't kill any...those are the sides that get the most attention and as usual the reasoned voices are drowned out.  Hunters are the ones who ultimately lose if we are portrayed to the public as supporting any kind of poaching.  :twocents:

Turn the coin around and look at it from the other side and we see the USFWS brought the wolves into the lower 48 knowing what would happen, and then along with state game agencies lie about the impacts in every state until the wolves prove them liars.

The wolves that were brought in to the lower 48 have a free hand at poaching the game herds/livestock while the USFWS and state game agencies hide behind the ESA implementing mass destruction of hunting and ranching.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »

Not when some dont consider it poaching! Trying to change a hunters love of hunting to Anti's is a waste of time!! I hear we should do this and do that so that the public dont see this or see that! How far did that get us? No baiting, no dogs? The list goes on and on.  If we wait until the antis and pro wolf people have their way our herds will be gone or severly diminished.. Im not willing to take that chance. And yes on the contrary it is black and white..
I think the public generally supports hunting and its because most hunters are legal, ethical, honest people.  If we collectively come across as supporting poaching of any kind this public support will erode quickly and it could get even more scary when it comes to the initiative process!  I realize many hunters, and I'm one of them, don't believe wolves should be listed as endangered.  To work towards de-listing is a better alternative than poaching a state protected species...even (and especially) if you disagree with the current law. 

As far as impacts...look at other western states...some areas are impacted more than others.  Some severely so...others even before wolf hunting/trapping seasons were only marginally or minimally effected.  These phrases wolfbait tosses out carelessly about "mass destruction" are totally inaccurate.  He likes to sensationalize the impacts to suggest some statewide destruction...talk to guys that actually hunt these various states.  Many others have posted on this very forum some very positive reviews of the overall hunting in Idaho recently.  I love hunting as much or more than the next guy...I don't want herds destroyed either...there are far more significant troubles on the horizon which will steal your opportunity and your kids opportunity to participate in this heritage than wolves. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
Game numbers in THIS state in areas wolves are showing up ARE being destroyed..anyone with eyes and a brain and a tank of gas can see that. You say states have been severely impacted, then say hunting is in great shape..which is it?  Every person I know that hunted Idaho in areas with wolves have given up hunting there. To say there is no devastation is, well, silliness..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:19:48 PM by mountainman »
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
What's the reward for info on killing a human, $1,000 ? Total B.S. these groups value a dead wolfs carcass over a human., F'ing disgusting.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »
I don't see anything funny about poaching wb.  Also, what illegal wolf introdcution are you referring to?  I'm only aware of wolves legally introduced by the USFWS to Idaho and YNP.  You remember...the ones that were adjudicated and the 10th cicrcuit upheld as legal  :tup:  Its fine you disagree with re-introduction decision, I do as well...but continuing to tell the same lie that the introduction was illegal does not make it true.

You are Incorrect, it is congressional record that USFWS secretly and illegally used Pittman Robertson funds to introduce wolves.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
 :yike: Can you post up a little info about that? I must have missed this.

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »
Game numbers in THIS state in areas wolves are showing up ARE being destroyed..anyone with eyes and a brain and a tank of gas can see that. You say states have been severely impacted, then say hunting is in great shape..which is it?  Every person I know that hunted Idaho in areas with wolves have given up hunting there. To say there is no devastation is, well, silliness..
I say areas in states have been impacted...overall, hunting from a statewide perspective is in very good shape...some areas are excellent, some areas are under objective, some areas are over objective.  This is true for Idaho, for Montana, for Wyoming.  Again, its not all or none and I've never suggested its all good or all bad...game populations are very dynamic.  They are not static.  That is as true before wolves as it is with wolves.

What areas have been destroyed in Washington because of wolves?  And what's your definition of destroyed?  Maybe its just semantics, but when I see the word destroyed I think there are virtually no animals left...an un-huntable population.  Perhaps by destroyed you mean it isn't quite as good or quite as many animals as a few years ago?   
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
Where is the proof the wolf was poached?  It could have been self defense and not reported.

I noticed Woodland Park Zoo suddenly has a bunch of money to get involved with supporting wolves.  Maybe they could stick one in with their animals and let nature take its course.

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »
:yike: Can you post up a little info about that? I must have missed this.

I don't want to completely derail this topic so I posted info here:
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,165186.0.html
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
For all the time all of you spend on here arguing about wolves; you could have banned together, come to a mutual understanding, and potentially made an impact on the wolf issue. Arguing and passive aggressively throwing insults out to each other has accomplished nothing. Control the controllable.

Ask yourself....

What can I (we) do to make the impact you so desire?

If it is completely eradicating wolves, then go for it. If you think all wolves should be captured and painted hunter orange; then go for that too. Just saying...all this talk, but no action.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
Just waiting for them to be completely delisted.  Wolves are here to stay, hunters will have the choice of whether we do nothing and watch them overpopulated or help keep them under control.

If you could paint the deer and elk orange, however, you would have my attention.

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 06:43:04 AM »
For all the time all of you spend on here arguing about wolves; you could have banned together, come to a mutual understanding, and potentially made an impact on the wolf issue. Arguing and passive aggressively throwing insults out to each other has accomplished nothing. Control the controllable.

Ask yourself....

If it is completely eradicating wolves, then go for it. If you think all wolves should be captured and painted hunter orange; then go for that too. Just saying...all this talk, but no action.

perhaps you don't know how much time some of us have put into writing letters, informing the public, and testifying, what have you done, just sayin...  ;)

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »

Ask yourself....

perhaps you don't know how much time some of us have put into writing letters, informing the public, and testifying, what have you done, just sayin...  ;)

I have done nothing. I have no reason to. At this point I am satisfied with the wolf plan, and would like to see how things play out. I will let the WSDFW manage the wolves, and trust that they know what they are doing. If at some point I think the plan is flawed or a failure; then I will get involved.

Based off what I have read on Hunt Wa; even if I wanted change, it would not happen. They are going to do what they want to do, and we are forced to live with it.

IMO- They should have never reintroduced wolves back into the western states, but there is no way to stop it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal