collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: it just a hunt for meat RIGHT!  (Read 20995 times)

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
Re: it just a hunt for meat RIGHT!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
It's not poaching if it's legal . selling the meat for profit is whats wrong . We in the know on this see it every year same group of guys killing a large amount of game . i'm sure the guys out on the ytc need those 6-7 deer apiece to to feed there families since they have to make that new truck payment . I respect those natives that hunt hard and don't abuse the privallge / rights they have . but we know that's just not the case for many  and for them to parade them around is stiring the pot and for that they are guilty . if they kept a low profile about what they take the waters wouldn't be nearly as muddy . the one thing I will say is I havnt seen them shoot a doe this year in the firing center for that I give them some respect atleast they can breed .
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »
Can't confirm 100% that there was no meat.  but not much if there was because I couldn't see any meat from the back of the wheel wells forward.  No rib cage for sure.  Hopefully they hung the meat up at home already! Lol

Find it funny that there is no comments when proof of big Bulls getting shot is posted.  If I remember right there were a few little birds on here saying no pics it didn't happen!  Well here is your God dam pic for today and there will be many more in the future!
First off I don't know of any info on the bull posted. I do however see a bull in a truck.  :dunno: (congrats to the hunter, although I feel it's his bull and story to post). Hunterrcc thanks for the God dam pic.
This is an illustration of  stirring the pot for no apparent reason. Reality is this bull could have and may have come from many different places (wdfw draw tag, general hunt, out of state). The reality is none of us know.
     Fyi (hunterrcc) hunters of all user groups hunt for various reasons. There are some extremely hard core Native hunters that are true to the core hunters and have little to no desire to harvest(kill) a thing.  The satisfaction lies in the hunt and being closer to nature. There are lazy road hunting Natives too. Sound familiar? There are Natives who enjoy  as large of antlers as they are able to attain. There are many Natives who live off of natures bounty and will choose the most tender meat they can attain.  Sound familiar? I could go on and on but don't feel the need.
        If you so choose, complain about season length, bag limits, management objectives/contributions., etc. Your thread shows no evidence of abuse or even disrespect. What your thread does illustrate(imo) is why Natives seldom post (and should NEVER post) stories and pictures. The point of focus always seems to on the negative and at times take off like wildfire in downward spirals and never on positive commonalities that could bind two user groups.

:yeah:

Offline bowhunterwa87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »
Respect for killing all the bucks they want in a draw only area?

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
can someone clarify if it's legal for a Yakima tribal hunter to take a non tribal hunter out on there hunt ? I know the mucks must hunt with only tribal members . I know of a recent case where a white family member went out with a person who is 1/2 native American and partook in a hunt . of course the native was shooting . i'm curious of the legality . I'm not linching anyone just want clarification ty.
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »
It's not poaching if it's legal . selling the meat for profit is whats wrong . We in the know on this see it every year same group of guys killing a large amount of game . i'm sure the guys out on the ytc need those 6-7 deer apiece to to feed there families since they have to make that new truck payment . I respect those natives that hunt hard and don't abuse the privallge / rights they have . but we know that's just not the case for many  and for them to parade them around is stiring the pot and for that they are guilty . if they kept a low profile about what they take the waters wouldn't be nearly as muddy . the one thing I will say is I havnt seen them shoot a doe this year in the firing center for that I give them some respect atleast they can breed .
Cite specifics!  If there are abuses document. The op in this case insinuates that the pic given is proof (of what I don't know). When specific ABUSES are cited it upsets native and state hunters alike, and paints all hunters in a poor light. 

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »
no for not killing doe ! the killing six plus bucks pisses me off when there's only ten total buck tags for non tribal hunts . I thought they where under a 50% rule but I guess not . I've hunted my butt off out there and burned enough fuel to book a throphy hunt this year and havnt pulled the trigger while those guys take a deer a day . I know for a fact if I was tribal I could have taken 25-30 deer off there already without a doubt they skim the cream.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »
:yeah: I would like to know if this guy is one of the guys that abuses their rights before I start defending him.  There are good native hunters out there but those other guys that are well known deserve NO respect.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline bowhunterwa87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
Whose to say the guys in the ops pic are even native for one...

And coach.. if the native in question were to be stopped with a non native friend they could get a fine from the tribe but the non native will have nothing done to them as they are not violating any law (Yakama)

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
Whose to say the guys in the ops pic are even native for one...

And coach.. if the native in question were to be stopped with a non native friend they could get a fine from the tribe but the non native will have nothing done to them as they are not violating any law (Yakama)
thank you

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
no for not killing doe ! the killing six plus bucks pisses me off when there's only ten total buck tags for non tribal hunts . I thought they where under a 50% rule but I guess not . I've hunted my butt off out there and burned enough fuel to book a throphy hunt this year and havnt pulled the trigger while those guys take a deer a day . I know for a fact if I was tribal I could have taken 25-30 deer off there already without a doubt they skim the cream.
they have ruined what used to be one of the best deer hunts in our state, the ytc has been raped by tribes since after 97 ish. Travesty what they did to that unit!

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
so to site specifics every day I have been in the ytc I look at the harvest book and see three of the same guys names on the sheet that a matter of record  . I have seen them check in in the morning wearing quality hunting clothes and driving nice new trucks . one guy wear tennis shoes that look like he dumped them in a bucket of blood . they pull the harvest sheets once each page fills probably twenty or so to a page in the last month and a half they have gone through three or four pages , five rifle permit guys and a few master hunter elk harvests mixed in the majority of the rest being tribal deer harvests . you cant tell me that these men are hunting for substance alone no way that's a whole bunch of deer eating by those couple of guys and i'm pretty confident they eat elk too .

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »
More specifics, read "operation Cody ".  Most of the deer and elk supplied to the biggest poacher ever caught in our state came from the yakama tribe, to be sold! That is fact!

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
so to site specifics every day I have been in the ytc I look at the harvest book and see three of the same guys names on the sheet that a matter of record  . I have seen them check in in the morning wearing quality hunting clothes and driving nice new trucks . one guy wear tennis shoes that look like he dumped them in a bucket of blood . they pull the harvest sheets once each page fills probably twenty or so to a page in the last month and a half they have gone through three or four pages , five rifle permit guys and a few master hunter elk harvests mixed in the majority of the rest being tribal deer harvests . you cant tell me that these men are hunting for substance alone no way that's a whole bunch of deer eating by those couple of guys and i'm pretty confident they eat elk too .
Fair enough coach.  This may be a thread jack but here's my  :twocents: . This is something that should be brought to the natural resource managers of the tribe.  Along with this data I would try to obtain biological data, harvest data, and any other area specific info.  If that falls on deaf ears at the tribe then go to more public avenues. 

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
I ran out on YTC this afternoon after work and a Yak was checking out with two nice 4pts in the back of his truck.  Yes I took a pic.  Like Coach said, not hard to recognize the tribal guys.  Guy in the OP's pic is def a tribal hunter.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 06:01:55 PM »
Fair enough coach.  This may be a thread jack but here's my  :twocents: . This is something that should be brought to the natural resource managers of the tribe.  Along with this data I would try to obtain biological data, harvest data, and any other area specific info.  If that falls on deaf ears at the tribe then go to more public avenues.
Tribe takes care of their own. You can throw scientific data, harvest reports and any other info at them and all you will get is "its our right".  Sucks but that is the way it is.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw