collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves in Turnbull?  (Read 17708 times)

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Wolves in Turnbull?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »
About ten years ago while elk hunting in the French Cabin Basin area, I came across-ed some bear tracks that were obviously not black bear tracks. A local hunter said they saw a grizzly sow with cubs in the basin the previous week. I drive to the ranger station in Cle Elem and asked the Ranger about what I had learned. In a very guarded conversation he acknowledged the breeding pairs had been reintroduced in a few locations. I asked him if that had caused any problems, considering it was just a few miles as a bird flies to I-90 and a substantial population? He laughed it off that most people do not believe their own eyes. He also mentioned that a not well publicized release of grey wolves had been going on since the early 1990s in many of their original locations. At the time I was thinking about the grizzlies not the wolves. He even mentioned that the wolves had been there awhile yet they got very few reports of sightings. A friend of mine swears he saw a pair of grizzlies on the west side of French Cabin Basin (the lake side) during the same year archery season.
It would be interesting if this could be backed up with more then word of mouth.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline littletoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • old fart
Re: Wolves in Turnbull?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
Its funny you mention that, theres a spot between Calispel and Sacheen Lake that a couple folks will argue that there is a couple of wolves around, but I've never seen them. I do occasionaly hunt 'yotes though, and will mention the sighting of anything a big larger than normal.
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]