collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the WSB stance on Baiting for deer & Elk?  (Read 31559 times)

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: What is the WSB stance on Baiting for deer & Elk?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
B would be acceptable, however, some people use alfalfa (I don't), maybe an exception for a half bale or something like that should be included?

I also agree with Rainier10 that it would be better served by GMU rather than blanket rule.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
Uggg...I don't like any of them.  I could live with B.  The problem with C, even though I contend bait is most helpful to youth, senior, disabled hunters, is that by placing bait you essentially make that area off limits for non disabled/youth/senior hunters. 

On the volume - I think they need to set a limit to address the semi load of apples issue...and I hope/suspect the on the ground enforcement will not be to look for guys who maybe have 15 gallons of bait vs. 10...but literally guys dumping semi loads of apples.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »
I find it frustrating that the complaints were about semi trucks of apples and we have to do all of this to restrict one little problem.  Let's address the complaints and don't try and legislate things that aren't a problem.  It's sort of like gun legislation, lots of laws that won't effect or stop the real problem but we pass them to make ourselves feel better?

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
I support option C, no change.  Deer are fed and baited all over the country and there is no big problem.  If you don't like it, don't do it.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »
Option C is not "no change."  Read it again. It says no bait allowed except for youth, 65 or older, and disabled hunters.

Or, on private land with landowner's permission if it's within a firearm restriction area or urban growth boundary.

Offline SCRUBS

• Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »
I find it frustrating that the complaints were about semi trucks of apples and we have to do all of this to restrict one little problem.  Let's address the complaints and don't try and legislate things that aren't a problem.  It's sort of like gun legislation, lots of laws that won't effect or stop the real problem but we pass them to make ourselves feel better?

Makes no sense does it :dunno: :bash:

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

I agree 100% and feel so do many of the people taking a stand on the issue at hand. Fix the simple problem that actually IS a problem, and leave the rest of it alone. It seems too difficult these days to address a problem solely and make a change. However, it's far easier to make a mess of a situation and start a hunter vs hunter war, which it shouldn't be. :twocents:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
Exactly. The big complaint is about outfitters in one or two gmus aged ting migration routes with truckloads of apples. Is it that tough to limit baiting to ten gallons in gmu whatever starting in November?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]