collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Maven Optics  (Read 7550 times)

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Maven Optics
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:22 AM »
You guys that have them, any complaints/downfalls? Looking at maybe the C1’s in 10x42.
For the price, not really. I dislike their objective lens covers as they hang looser than is ideal. I lost one on the ground while hunting 3-4 times last year and somehow was able to back track and find them every time. Absurd that I found them, to be honest.

The eye cups twist off entirely which makes lens cleaning easy. But, I do notice that they loosen up over time for me when I'm bringing my eye cups in and out, so I'll have to take a moment to tighten them back up from time to time.

Pretty minor annoyances for the optic quality.

Offline swift

• NRA Life member
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 05:49:14 AM »
Not only are all there products top notch for the $$ but good guys too! I have a couple pairs and NO they are not the same as my Swarovski EL's or SLC's but for the money the smash Vortex hands down
And having the best warranty in the industry is great but never having to use it is better 😉  I'm done with Vortex for this reason! I've had about 15 pieces of Vortex and ad to use warranty on 9 over the years and I know 8-10 guys with Maven and no warranties used yet 👊🏻
This place protected by God and Guns trespass and you might get to meet Both !

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:30 AM »
thanks for the info guys, probably gonna give their demo program a shot.

Online HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
I'm wondering what is in their business plan that would insure that they are still around in 5,10, or even 20 years? Lifetime warranty or best in the business warranty isn't much good if they aren't around to honor it.

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 11:42:01 PM »
I'm wondering what is in their business plan that would insure that they are still around in 5,10, or even 20 years? Lifetime warranty or best in the business warranty isn't much good if they aren't around to honor it.
People probably said same thing about vortex....?

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 05:19:20 AM »
price paid for what you get
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Online HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:44 AM »
People probably said same thing about vortex....?

And Alpen, Brunton, and Zen Ray to name a few that are right off the top of my head. Everything Ive read about Mavens products points to quality. The down side to Maven is they are in a very competitive market that others haven't survived in. Very few places to try the product out unless you happen to know somebody that has their product or, you demo a pair. The bad thing about demoing them is that you have to pay for them first. Then if you don't like them you get your card credited back and have to pay shipping. Some people are obviously ok with that. Personally I don't know that I like having to pay to see if I'm even satisfied with a companies products when there are so many other manufacturers out there that you can try out and compare to others at the same time. And not have to pay to do it.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 07:23:16 AM »
I obviously cant speak to weather they will be around in a few years or fall off like other previously mentioned but if you end up buying a pair, you wont regret it.  I spent A LOT of time behind my B2's last year and they were awesome.

I've not spent much time looking through Swaro, Leica or Zeiss so keep that in mind my point of reference is skewed.

I wont say Maven is the best but they are damn good glass that I can look through for a full day and not get a headache or eye fatigue.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 08:16:18 AM »
It isn't just small companies that can get crushed overnight. Plenty of examples. Make your purchase based on the product itself - the warranty is an extra perk that may not be around forever regardless of where it's purchased from.

Online HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 09:34:36 AM »
A warranty is not an extra perk. It's an extra cost built into the purchase. If companies didnt offer warranties. Especially no fault warranties, I guarantee the price of the product would be less. A person just needs to decide if the product is worth the price even if the offering company isn't around in the future to honor it. Mavens may well be. That's an individual choice though.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 01:47:31 PM »
A warranty is not an extra perk. It's an extra cost built into the purchase. If companies didnt offer warranties. Especially no fault warranties, I guarantee the price of the product would be less. A person just needs to decide if the product is worth the price even if the offering company isn't around in the future to honor it. Mavens may well be. That's an individual choice though.
I mentioned nothing in regards to the cost of an item with or without a warranty and do not disagree with what you said. I advised purchasing based on the product itself because warranty may not be around forever (qualifying it, in my mind, as an extra perk).

@BDildine if you want to try out my C.1s if I ever get enough time we could meet up at Bass Pro or Cabela's some time so you can side-by-side it with Vortex/Nikon, etc... Be forewarned, it will be tough to find time though.

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »
I mentioned nothing in regards to the cost of an item with or without a warranty and do not disagree with what you said. I advised purchasing based on the product itself because warranty may not be around forever (qualifying it, in my mind, as an extra perk).

@BDildine if you want to try out my C.1s if I ever get enough time we could meet up at Bass Pro or Cabela's some time so you can side-by-side it with Vortex/Nikon, etc... Be forewarned, it will be tough to find time though.

@chiwawadan thanks for the offer, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered up a set of 10x C1's. From what I've read, i wont be disappointed esp for the price. Be here in a few days, looking forward to them.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 03:50:16 PM »
Not only are all there products top notch for the $$ but good guys too! I have a couple pairs and NO they are not the same as my Swarovski EL's or SLC's but for the money the smash Vortex hands down
And having the best warranty in the industry is great but never having to use it is better 😉  I'm done with Vortex for this reason! I've had about 15 pieces of Vortex and ad to use warranty on 9 over the years and I know 8-10 guys with Maven and no warranties used yet 👊🏻

This is what I try to tell people about Vortex.

Every advertisement is WARRANTY related. Look at our GREAT WARRANTY. NO FAULT WARRANTY.

This guys house burnt down - we warrantied his product!

Sorry guys, but if warranty is the only thing you have to sell about your product, then I'll go with a product that offers nearly the same warranty and advertises quality... and who offers an almost identical warranty with better glass? almost every other player in the business.

If my house burns down, I'll be taking it up with my homeowners insurance.

:beatdeadhorse:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »
It’s made of glass, it won’t last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU