collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Bow kill.  (Read 2681 times)

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
First Bow kill.
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:12:49 PM »
When I bought my bow i didn't think my first archery kill would be a fish but it was and it felt great.

Shot about 40 times before i connected. Still need some advice i know the idea is to aim low but when shooting from shore and the fish being about 1 foot down maybe a little more my angle seems so difficult.The fish are about 10 feet out from the bank and my arrow either goes over them or way below. The water seems to flatten out the trajectory a lot at my angle into the water. Any advice for these shooting conditions?

A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline Stickers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: First Bow kill.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:04:50 AM »
Congrats bud!!!!!! Shooting from shore and wading can be difficult. That is why most of us with boats build raised decks. I'm not sure which tip you are shooting, but if you go with one like a RPM Deep Stage 4 (4 barbs) you will have less planing. Most guys start with standard 2 barb tips or a quick release "Sing a Ree" and they plane the worst. The 4 barb seems to shoot the straightest and is not overly expensive. There's also a Cajun 4 barb little stinger that is a little cheaper but not as good of quality. Keep at it, you'll get more successful. The good news is that you shouldn't be ruining a lot of gear shooting like that.
Scott Estes

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
Re: First Bow kill.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »
I am using the two barb tip. I might try that 4 barb and see what that does for me. Thanks for the tip Stickers
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull