collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf killed on I-90 in Western Washington  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Wolf killed on I-90 in Western Washington
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »
Did you see this.  Wolves have shown up in "Western Washington"  :IBCOOL:
It was just a matter of time.  This one was hit by a car over between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass.
Well that didn't take to long since they were in Cle Elum.  There goes the elk herd in Snoqualmie and rattlesnake area.

JC   :hello:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/wolf-killed-by-vehicle-in-western-washington/

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Re: Wolf killed on I-90 in Western Washington
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »
I was being sarcastic by using this guy  :IBCOOL:  if you didn't figure that out  :chuckle:

I was talking with a friend of mine at the coffee shop today and a women over heard me talking about this subject it.  She interrupted and said that her daughter called her the other day and said that she seen a wolf in her cow pasture.  She told her it must be a coyote and she said that her daughter said that was "no coyote".  She said her daughter lives up around Granite Falls up in Snohomish County.   :yike:

I went out to dinner last night with a good reliable friend and he was the one that told me about this story.  He said that his son and two of his buddies were out camping up around Wallace Falls (HWY 2 ~ Snohomish / King County line) and they heard wolves howling at night when they here up there.  :yike:

I been hearing that wolves been over here in the west side for a while now. And just think  :dunno: the Wildlife Department says that their not over hear and that they haven't introduce them in Washington either.   :yeah:

What did I hear, they are going to do a DNA test to see if its a wolf or not .......  :rolleyes:
What do you think they'll say ?
JC   :hello:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »
They already said it was a wolf. There's 2-3 other threads on here already about it. You'll also be surprised to know that they are not denying that there are some in western Washington.  Can you believe that!!?!?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
This is really going to get interesting in the next couple of years. I've been saying for the last couple of years that once the wolves figure out there's a nice herd of resident elk in the suburbs of Seattle (North Bend/Snoqualmie) they'll be moving right in.
I think it's pretty funny how the wolf worshipers mantra is that wolves are a creature of the wilderness. Wolves are intelligent opportunists.  They'll soon be going after pigmy goats, llamas, and every other animal on the hobby farms. The wolves won't be nearly as easy to control on this side of the mountains in the thick brush of the lowlands. This will be really fun watching the WDFW pulling their hair out.
On a side note; I went to a presentation put on a couple of years ago. The USFWS guy was pretty impressive, he didn't mince any words, nor did he put up with any BS from the antis who were asking questions/making statements. On the other hand when a question was asked of a WDFW person they stumbled all over themselves with double talk, they sure didn't want to offend anyone.
They showed some pictures of their trapping and collaring wolves from the Wedge pack. They said they were using wadded jaw foothold traps, however the trap they showed in their slide presentation clearly wasn't padded. They need to be held to the standards required by law. There are no exceptions that I'm aware of that allows them to use non-padded traps. I really want to see them try cage traps. That would be a real hoot.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
I bet wolves will love the Green River watershed. No people in there to bother them and lots of deer and elk to eat.

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 08:24:30 PM »
I bet wolves will love the Green River watershed. No people in there to bother them and lots of deer and elk to eat.
Yes, and then they'll move right down into the Enumclaw, Black Diamond area.

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »
Seems like the Seattlelites love Wolves, Maybe someone should plant them in Seattle so all can enjoy, and see how that flys???Traffic seems to be a little slower and the poor things wont get run over so easy. What do you think??

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal