collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2015 fall bear unit 117 planning help needed.  (Read 1231 times)

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
2015 fall bear unit 117 planning help needed.
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »
So I am going to be hunting unit 117 this fall for bear, just have a few questions to help with planning some logistics for my hunt.

First of, I plan on purchasing a diy map from bearpaw, I just moved, which wiped out the coffers, but come july I should be good to go on that.

Planning out my dates, I work the first few days of September (DuPont 12's), but could go September 11th-17th. I could also use some vacation time, and leave august 31st, staying till the 6th, but that would wipe out my vacation hours pretty much, so unless its REALLY worth being there on the opener, I may choose the 11th. anyone have some advice towards dates? if I don't tag out in early September, should I plan a October 9th-15th "late hunt", by my research, berries are gone and bears go into the dark timber, making them hard to find.

I have no idea how the road systems are up there, would it be beneficial for me to pack my mountain bike to cover some ground behind gates?

Camping. I have a 22' travel trailer I will be taking, followed possibly by another smaller travel trailer, and a big tent or 2. I don't think I really need specifics about where to go, as a generality will I find decent size spots to camp? Maybe bearpaw could point me in the right direction when I purchase the map.

Finally, (google coulda found this but im already here), is there a shop to take animals if one of us gets lucky, just to hang why we continue hunting?

I will probably plan a camping trip come july/august time frame to familiarize myself with the local area, its been years sense Ive been around there. any good fishing lakes I should check out?

Im hoping to maybe pickup my maps from bearpaw when I come up later in the summer. getting really antsy for bear season already, have wanted a bear for 7 years now, haven't ever even seen one in season!

Offline addicted

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
Re: 2015 fall bear unit 117 planning help needed.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
So hows it going over there?
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal