collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 out of 3 ain't bad  (Read 27127 times)

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2 out of 3 ain't bad
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 06:15:34 AM »
Bearpaw should see if Kotex will sponsor the forum.  There's obviously a bunch of members that could use some.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:36 AM »
Boy that's a fact!! Ain too much that don't hurt people's feelers anymore it seems... Nice work on the pups bud I'll kill everyone I see as well.
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
If an archery hunter shot a calf elk legally, would you guys complain about him posting pics of his kill on the internet??   :dunno: :dunno:

What's the difference??
I would that's poor ethics in my opinion  :dunno: shooting any baby animal should be illegal in my opinion.If you can feel good about that there isn't much lower you can go.

Where do you draw the line.  You have condemned lots of hunter on this sight for shooting button nub spikes (blactails) and 150lb first year calf elk.  Do you feel the same about people who shoot does too because they are shooting some babies momma???

My point is simple......if it is legal it is legal.  You don't have to like it!!  Everyone does not have to share your opinion / ethics / morals / values ect...ect...ect...  Why should that person feel bad about posting a pic of there legally killed animal?  You big buck dead on a hillside with bloody tongue hanging out is just as offensive to antis as my cow / calf elk.  Who cares as long as it is legal.  People are always gonna complain about something and you will never make everyone happy.  So in closing.....do your thing and don't worry about others.   Also don't try and impose your ethics on others.  "About as low as you can go"...... Rapist theives and murderers are above a person that legally shoots a first year (5month old) button buck!!  Surely you don't believe that.

I draw the line at feeling the need to post pictures of the pups on the internet. GO ahead and do it, just don't post pictures. I look at it as showing off. There's no need for that in our hunting community.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
I would shoot them too, 100%  I would not post pictures of it, 100%
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »
I have killed more coyote pups than I can count. A coyote is a coyote age is not important. That said the anti will literally use anything to try and smear hunters. As far as damage goes I know a guy that used to kill coyote pups like crazy in his orchard because they chew off the sprinkler tips and the pvc pipe. So I guess it just depends on what type of damage you are talking about.

In the end it's a coyote. %99 of the people on this forum and in general don't sell the hides I'm sure of that. Fur buyers are few and far between and in the end the juice is not worth the squeeze most of the time. Coyote hunting is mostly done for management purposes. So, in that regard young, old,  little, big, fat, skinny, mangy, and healthy they all end up being classified as the same thing... a coyote.

My only reason to wait is that I hate hot weather and prefer to chase them in the snow. I will however smoke any coyote at any time if given the opportunity. They are an important part of the eco system and some of them do need to survive. That's why god makes misfires, dead FoxPro batteries, frozen calls, and millions of other reasons why we will never kill them all nor should we.

Anyway, good on the OP for thinning the numbers and saving some other critters. The pictures are only 2 months away from being completely acceptable by everybody on this site.     
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 08:37:27 AM »
Cory, that was almost a RadSav length post.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline whitey

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • thank a soldier
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN!!! :bash:
HERE IT GOES AGAIN.. :yike:
Nice shooting. :tup:

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
I would have liked to see 3 of them.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »
Well done  :tup:

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
Cory, that was almost a RadSav length post.

We all have to aspire to be something... :chuckle:
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
Legal yes.  Would I do the same probably not, would I post the pics no.

Everybody has their own idea of what is acceptable.  That is why they make the regulations, the regulations say you can shoot them.  There is no rule about posting and so it is up to each individual to decide and the line for what is acceptable varies from person to person.  They do teach in hunter safety that the majority of citizens in Washington don't hunt and to be mindful of their opinion.

Just my  :twocents:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Scvette

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
:yike: Lots of Midol needed for most of you with your panties in a bunch. I don't give 2 chits who thinks this is wrong no matter your reason its not you dealing with over 25 active denning sites on this 1000 acre piece of ground -- the middle :tup:

No one said your wrong for shooting them! Just not right to post pics on a open forum,just makes us hunters look bad in the eyes of on hunters is all.

Offline Scvette

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Oh since some have a opinion on posting those pics,you don't like it so we should leave. Here's one I like to use on my wife. Obviously your upset,calm down go get a midol and you'll feel better later. 

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
:yike: Lots of Midol needed for most of you with your panties in a bunch. I don't give 2 chits who thinks this is wrong no matter your reason its not you dealing with over 25 active denning sites on this 1000 acre piece of ground -- the middle :tup:

No one said your wrong for shooting them! Just not right to post pics on a open forum,just makes us hunters look bad in the eyes of on hunters is all.

I would pose this question to Dale, why was this site started if not to share stories and pictures?

I'm not wrong for sharing pictures, if I was, everyone on here would be wrong for posting pictures of any dead animal :twocents: get over yourselves or off this site.

I agree bud, shoot everyone ya see in the face!! Then wrap em in a confederate flag for the next pic!! That'll piss some folks off..
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »
I dont have a problem with predotar control in any legal form. Posting pics of any killed baby animal isnt in our best interest as a group though.  :twocents:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal