collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wall Tents Tips and Tricks  (Read 237298 times)

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Wall Tents Tips and Tricks
« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2022, 08:44:29 AM »
Does anyone have a queen sized-ish bed in the wall tent when your wife comes along? Mine isn’t to fired up about sleeping on her own cot. I have a few ideas like two cots side by side with plywood cut to fit, then some sort of mattress on top .. but i think there’s gotta be a better way.

Though you lose the storage space underneath the cot, a queen sized blow up mattress/bed would work just fine.
I forgot to add, not interested in air mattresses  :tup:

Offline Billy74

• Scout
« Reply #781 on: June 24, 2022, 09:13:35 AM »
Does anyone have a queen sized-ish bed in the wall tent when your wife comes along? Mine isn’t to fired up about sleeping on her own cot. I have a few ideas like two cots side by side with plywood cut to fit, then some sort of mattress on top .. but i think there’s gotta be a better way.
I think they make double sized folding cots.  That with some memory foam might work.  Not quite a queen but better than two single cots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »

Though you lose the storage space underneath the cot, a queen sized blow up mattress/bed would work just fine.

Blow up on milk crates will work.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2022, 05:53:43 PM »
When my wife would come camping, I use a queen sized blow-up mattress. Most come with a battery powered air pump to inflate them as well. If it gets cold, remember to put a blanket or comforter between you/her and the mattress. The air inside the mattress can get a bit cold. She also preferred a couple comforters on top, over the zip together large sleeping bags. 
And do not forget the pillows.

PS: We bought one that had it's own frame one summer. It did not last two nights, and was very uncomfortable.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2022, 05:57:13 PM »

Blow up on milk crates will work.
Interesting idea with the milk crates I actually have about 20 of those laying around that  were left when I bought my new house

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #785 on: June 26, 2022, 08:11:26 AM »
When my wife would come camping, I use a queen sized blow-up mattress. Most come with a battery powered air pump to inflate them as well. If it gets cold, remember to put a blanket or comforter between you/her and the mattress. The air inside the mattress can get a bit cold. She also preferred a couple comforters on top, over the zip together large sleeping bags. 
And do not forget the pillows.

PS: We bought one that had it's own frame one summer. It did not last two nights, and was very uncomfortable.
:yeah: about the cold.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Wanderer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #786 on: June 27, 2022, 10:51:57 AM »
funny story about a blow up mattress.   we did that during deer season one year with the mattress on the floor.    woke up to a blood-curdling scream.....   Mouse had just run across my wifes head.    that was the last year we did that...

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #787 on: July 25, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »
Well I got all my honey do projects complete. Now it’s tent time. Going to take advantage of the good weather and get the three tents set up in the yard. Go through them and check for any maintenance issues. Loose strings and such.

My go to solution for loose threads is to trim them short and super glue the end. One drop.

Anyone do something different?

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #788 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:29 PM »
Well I got all my honey do projects complete. Now it’s tent time. Going to take advantage of the good weather and get the three tents set up in the yard. Go through them and check for any maintenance issues. Loose strings and such.

My go to solution for loose threads is to trim them short and super glue the end. One drop.

Anyone do something different?

Well got one up and 2 started.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #789 on: July 26, 2022, 12:22:33 PM »
#2 up just one more to go.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #790 on: July 26, 2022, 12:27:13 PM »
And than there was three.

1&2 look good as far as clean they were used turkey season and got hosed off when we got back. They need other minor work though.

# 3 got dried after deer season but not cleaned because of weather in October. So it’s getting hosed down and some scrubbing around the bottom. Before other work.
Be busy all week working on my baby’s.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #791 on: July 26, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »
Better photo of 2

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #792 on: July 26, 2022, 02:15:01 PM »
I met her on a sunny day. Introduced to me by my friend Alex. She was white, tight and trim. She was his for now,but soon he would loose interest in her and she would become mine.

I caressed her and pampered her. I marked her limbs to show my possession. Checking her out from every angle. She spoke to me of years gone by, of others like her who had come and gone during the days of old.

Her nostalgia seeped into my soul and I could not wait for the night when I would sleep in her for the first time. That night came in October 2017. We were together for 10 days and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Others called her by different names, but I just called her Wall Tent #2, like her sister #1 she whispered to me in the dark of the night and the dawning light about the adventures that had come and gone . She promised me more dark rainy nights and frost covered mornings. I slept the best I would sleep all year with her. As each day closed the breeze on her sides and sounds of the night would lull me to sleep.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2022, 09:10:47 PM »
Having a Twofer with sisters, how could life get better  :dunno:

:chuckle:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »
Having a Twofer with sisters, how could life get better  :dunno:

:chuckle:

Now’s there three. :yike:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]