collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Waterfowl Boats, blinds etc.  (Read 213118 times)

sisu

Re: Boats for water fowl hunting (and fishing)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »
OK here is alink to the aquapod boats. I want to find more of these links as sneak boat hunting is starting to grow again with water fowlers.

http://www.attbar.com/aquapod/pricing/aquapod_pricing.htm

Offline AWS

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
A couple of pics.  I've had this boat since 76 and it's been a work in progress.   2003 I decided to deck it over and make everything lockable.  I call it the "Freelancer" 5 dz standard duck decoys and 6 goose floaters fit in the front cargo hold.  Oars, decoy retrievers, anchors, shooting boxes and fuel tank lock in the side lockers.  The center cockpit aqrea is 18x48" and it has an angled back rest, I pull the boat into a little cut and sit down in the cockpit and it's nearly invisible.  You can take a wave over the side and it won't swamp just the cockpit fills and I have a large bilge pump hooked up to it.  With five dz deeks in the front hold and extra floatation on either side of the transom well it floats like a cork even full of water. 

AWS
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:16:33 PM by AWS »
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 06:23:52 AM »
Geeeze AWS! That thing looks like it is from the cold war era!  :chuckle: Awesome duck destroyer! All you need is a cannon on the bow!

molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Bogey

• Pilgrim
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
SMDave,

Thanks fro making me feel better!!  LOL, I just ordered a 1860 War Eagle with a 115 e-tec and that price tag almost put me in the grave...after seeing your pa$$ion for boats (32K) I not only feel better, but I as able to say "See honey, I didn't spend nearly as much as some guys!" ;)

That did look like a killer set up!

Offline Jekemi

• JEKEMI2005
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • Deer beside me
    • jekemi2005
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 09:04:54 AM »
These boats are pretty expensive overall. With that in mind, we have a 12 foot aluminum boat with an 8HP motor and an electric trolling motor. I have a design for a boat cover using PVC tubing and nylon camo fabric loosely covering the PVC frame. The frame is attached to the boat using a wooden spar in the front and back (not accurate boat terms). The tubular frame uses PVC U joints so that the two raised tubes run the length of the boat. When closed the provide about a one foot space to look out, when opened they provide a three foot opening so that we can pop up and shoot. The whole thing costs about $30 (compare that to $175 for a factory model). If you want a simple drawing I’d be happy to provide one.

newcordia@comcast.net
Warning! Do not elect politicians who don't support the 2nd Amendment as the Constitutional framers intended - There are no Collective Rights in the Bill of Rights. America is about Individual Freedoms, not collectivism!

Offline pjb3

• Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 12:06:32 PM »
SMDave
I know where that pic is of you and your boat. I used to hunt out that way, nice boat by the way. Lets get together for a hunt. I know some better spots too

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »
I have a 13' Boston Whaler with 50HP Mercury. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It can haul 4 guys, decoys, a dog and cooler and is the most stable 13' boat on the water. You can pick up used 13' Whalers in well used condition for about $2,000.

It has a terrible flat bottom boat ride but, it will get you there and back in any weather condition. The boat can be completely swamped(which is has been a few times) and the powerhead is still out of the water. Pull the plug and run, let er' drain and get back on plane.....

For shooting, the whaler is unbeatable. Three guys can safely move around without tipping the boat. The boat has a very shallow draft and can get into shallow water because of the high floatation. The downfall, it is heavy, very heavy compared to a similar sized aluminum. But, similar aluminum boats can't take a 50HP motor or a heavy load safely. Happy

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline smdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
    • My Photobooth
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »
SMDave
I know where that pic is of you and your boat. I used to hunt out that way, nice boat by the way. Lets get together for a hunt. I know some better spots too

Thank you but it is not my boat, it is Ben Getty's boat he is a sponsor of this site but has not been online in awhile.

I looked through your pictures and I see one probably at the boat launch by the spot we were at that day. I do have a 14' lund and plan to get it out.

Dave
When I pass, do not let my wife sell the guns for what I told her they cost.

Offline shoot4Boone

• Pilgrim
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
Elephant boy's in Spokane are awesome, even matched a boat price for me from a competitor, I highly recc. them for any boating stuff, very very knowledgable more than any boat place E of cascades and west of Great falls. 

Offline Black Plague

• Scout
Re: Blinds for boats are merged into one topic
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »
wow that should do the trick alright :tup:

Offline spur_ride

• Longhunter
Re: Blinds for boats are merged into one topic
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »
those are some great looking boats :drool:

Offline jordano

• Sourdough
  • Cupped and Comin'!
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=593729282&sk=info
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »
Just got a polar kraft that is camo and is awesome for fishing and amazing for hunting! great bass/hunt combo. if you are more into this type of thing I highly recommend it. absolutely awesome!!!!!

polarkraftboats.com
Ozzie

Do what you like. Like what you do.

<><

Gettin' their feet on my face!

Offline Jekemi

• JEKEMI2005
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • Deer beside me
    • jekemi2005
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2010, 06:36:53 AM »
here are my plans and detailed instructions for a layout DIY, fiberglass duck boat. It is based on the AquaPod design but modified a bit. It's attached as a PDF. This would be a great summer project as you need warm weather to cure the fiberglass (or a heated garage).
Warning! Do not elect politicians who don't support the 2nd Amendment as the Constitutional framers intended - There are no Collective Rights in the Bill of Rights. America is about Individual Freedoms, not collectivism!

Offline Chessie_Guy

• Tracker
    • Manifest Destination
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
Last week, I hunted the Stilliguamish and out to the edge of the bay with a guy who had a mud motor on a flat-bottomed 18'er.  I have to say, I was impressed.  Especially useful given the tidal issue; we got into, and out of, a few spots that jets or regular outboards could not go.

It definitely put a MudBuddy and Gator Traxx or Excel on my wish list.
"Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and Hell, where they already have it."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Malardman

• Hunter
  • I hate learning from my mistakes!
Re: Waterfowl Boats, blinds etc.
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »
My new Duck boat, I'll have a blind on it come October, just having a hell of a time figuring what one to get?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]

Holster for FNS 40C by bb76
[Today at 06:37:56 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by Ridgeratt
[Today at 06:34:07 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by Karl Blanchard
[Today at 06:20:52 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by bearpaw
[Today at 05:27:26 PM]