collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Helping Out The Older Generation  (Read 1284 times)

Offline StanwoodSpartan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Helping Out The Older Generation
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:09:37 PM »
Started out todays hunt with the same old trec out to the same old hunting spot. Threw the dekes out, and watched fellow hunters start to fill the surrounding areas. Shooting time finally came around, and to the right front was acouple of 300 yard skybusters, and to the left front was a couple young kids playing shoot the tweety birds. So safe to say nothing made it into me. Picked up the dekes and trecked back to the truck. My Echo Boss call was frozen, so i started playing around with her, and what do you know, a drake widgeon decides to cup and join me in the parking lot. it finally flared off, right at a couple older guys sitting on the hedge row. They shot it, and I went over to chat with them. They had no dekes, no calls, and hadn't seen a bird all day except for that one. Well, that soon turned into me calling for them, and by the time I got the idea to go back to the truck and get my waders and acket back on and grab my gun, they had limited and were packing up to go home. I took a pic of the first drake widgeon and first greenhead to cross paths with them. And by the way, after they left, I stuck around and didn't shoot, or even see one bird. :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :'( :'( :'(

Shoot a goose, save a plane!

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Helping Out The Older Generation
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »
I have one question.....who goes duck hunting without calls and dekes?

Offline StanwoodSpartan

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »
They were sitting on the hedgerow waiting for the ducks and geese to cross into the fields behind us, hoping they wouldn't see them in the fog. One problem, this morning the fog burned off at shooting time.
Shoot a goose, save a plane!

Offline tank

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »
StandwoodSpartan,
 Thank you us old farts need all the help we can get.
The may have not had deeks out or not know how to call but I beat they we're bothering anyone.
 There's lots of reasons for them not to set out deeks for health reasons or have enough air to use a call. Beats the crap out of sitting home wasting time watching TV.
 My old fishing buddy loved ducks but had never duck hunted for one reason or other but I can still remember his eyes when I stopped by with mallards from time to time.
 You have old people you know ask about fish and game you may make some very happy seniors. It's a good feeling. Trust me on this one.
 When I lived in town I had some neighbors that would not take a hand out. Once a month they would drive 30 miles to see grandkids (that's all they could afford) schools kids delivered food in boxes but they ask the kids to give to someone that doesn't have anything to eat. Proud people they were but once they seen it as a favor for them to take part of my big game (deer) they would take parts that most would throw away. I made up all kinds of excuses for everything I caught or shot.
They may be on a fixed income but we keep our pride.
tank
I spent most of my money on beer and women.
The rest I just wasted.
 occupation-- RETIRED!!
  don't see how I had time to work with so much to do

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal