collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: YTC Activity  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Critter Ritter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
YTC Activity
« on: December 09, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »
Just wondering how this years Tag holders did?
and what's the activity like. I've heard that its not like how it used to be. What do you guys think?

Offline tallcooljuan

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
Re: YTC Activity
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »
I spent a weekend out there right after this season ended.  None of the police I talked to (there are only three that work the gate) had anything interesting to say about what game they had checked.  One saw a nice three point taken, but admittedly no one I talked to were hunters.
I saw about forty deer in two days, a high percentage were young bucks.  I only saw two mature bucks and both would be disappointing to end up with on a quality hunt.

Offline 10Key

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
I spent a weekend out there right after this season ended.  None of the police I talked to (there are only three that work the gate) had anything interesting to say about what game they had checked.  One saw a nice three point taken, but admittedly no one I talked to were hunters.
I saw about forty deer in two days, a high percentage were young bucks.  I only saw two mature bucks and both would be disappointing to end up with on a quality hunt.

You see any birds on your trip?

Offline dye7barrel

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Spent a fair number of days there this year. I'd have to sit and think about the exact number but I'd say between 12-15. No elk, a few deer, and a handful of game birds but they were in small groups and scattered.

Only hunted the YTC the last few years so I have no idea what it was like 10 years ago but it's not overrun with game by any means.

Offline bone collector 12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:04:07 AM »
My uncle had a bull muzzy tag this year and seen 1 cow the whole hunt, big difference compared to last year where a buddy had the same tag and in a week we seen 20 elk and 19 were bulls

Offline Critter Ritter

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »
Thank you everyone for the details. Looks like the unit has some good years and some bad years.

Offline mjustice79

• Hunter
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, B&C, Buckmasters
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »
Would it be worth applying for? I was there in sept and oct and talked to a GW who said last year was pretty decent I believe. I have seen a lot of deer around range 15. No elk. He said the elk were farther north, probably in TA 4&5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Infantryman
I'm about to say to heck with all, and go raise pigs, mules, and tobacco.

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »
It gets hammered by the locals.

Offline mjustice79

• Hunter
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, B&C, Buckmasters
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 07:11:07 PM »
I don't think I would mind getting drawn for it though, I could scout while I was out there training lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Infantryman
I'm about to say to heck with all, and go raise pigs, mules, and tobacco.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »

No pc police here, their are natives who hunt it very hard year round to support their jerky business  :bash:  it  is easy to see from the range logs that everyone must sign as they enter and leave

Makes one think about the "radical" Muslim problem and if only the non radicals would stand up and say this is wrong and we don't support it and we will help stop it. Obviously not as extreme as exterminating humans it's just deer but the similarities are there...

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
Wow, comparing us to the radical Muslim issues. That's a new one. You know, someone said it good in another thread regarding the 2nd amendment, it's made in stone and the foundation of the Constitution,  without this one the rest don't make sense, or something similar to that. Well, our Treaty is a living, breathing document and though I don't support the unethical and abusive side of it I will stand in front of it and defend it just as I swore to defend and uphold the US constitution.

I'm not one for PC either but I for one am not going to sit here while you b**** and compare us to some f****** Muslim radical pandemic!
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 08:39:51 PM »
:yeah:

Look at the log books and you will see the same names over and over. Some of the natives I talk to know that it is getting over hunted by  tribal members in their tribe, but can't do anything except watch it unfold.

Offline matt509

• Business Sponsor
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:06:08 PM »
The comparison to radical muslim may have been a bit far reaching....but not by much.  The way the tribal members abuse the treaty is sad.  I am for one all for the treaty (mainly because I don't care), but I do believe the elders need to pull on the reigns..A LOT!!!  On the tribal lands, where white man can not hunt, let the tribe do as they please......want to shoot deer, elk, beer, etc. year round; do it on the tribal land.  Off the tribal land, you abide by the same rules as everyone else; PERIOD!! 

It can not honestly be said, that the tribal members are processing animals for rituals, when you can drive down Highway 14 during the salmon run and see indians selling salmon, or go on Craigslist and buy salmon roe and elk meat.  That is where it has gone too far.  I remember the seeing the aftermath of the slaughter that took place by Mud Lake in the early 2000's!!  It looked like the pictures of the old Buffalo hunts that took place in the plains.  The really horrible part about that entire situation was, if animal was shot and went down hill....they left them.  They weren't about to drag an animal up hill, obvious by the all the drag marks going down hill and all the dead animals left for the birds and coyotes that didn't die on an uphill.  With stuff like that going on, the treaty should be null and void. 

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 09:06:20 PM »
Wow, comparing us to the radical Muslim issues. That's a new one. You know, someone said it good in another thread regarding the 2nd amendment, it's made in stone and the foundation of the Constitution,  without this one the rest don't make sense, or something similar to that. Well, our Treaty is a living, breathing document and though I don't support the unethical and abusive side of it I will stand in front of it and defend it just as I swore to defend and uphold the US constitution.

I'm not one for PC either but I for one am not going to sit here while you b**** and compare us to some f****** Muslim radical pandemic!

Sorry Plat you took that very wrong or I didn't make a more clear distinction :dunno:

I never compared natives to the f****** Muslim radical pandemic! I compared the Situations. U know their are abuses going on in the name of your cultural beliefs but you don't or won't do anything to stop it...

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 09:30:17 PM »
I have the utmost respect for Plat and other native like him. But it is true that some tribal members are seriously raping the resource out there.

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 09:41:50 PM »

Sorry Plat you took that very wrong or I didn't make a more clear distinction :dunno:

I never compared natives to the f****** Muslim radical pandemic! I compared the Situations. U know their are abuses going on in the name of your cultural beliefs but you don't or won't do anything to stop it...

Come on man you are both my friends saying Plat can't or wont stop the actions of some people he may be related to is like saying you or I wont do anything about liberal money grabbers, I mean why wont you just fix that  :dunno:  Seriously I have met both of you I have hunted with both of you and you would be amazed at how similar you are.

Neither of you are comparable to radical anythings in my opinion, passionate yes but not radical crazy body bombs, shooting up planned parenthood crazy radical nuts.

Yeah there are issues but maintaining this huge divide is not gonna fix any of it.   There has to be a different way because in the 8 almost 9 years I have been on huntwa blaming the indians has not changed a darn thing  :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
I have the utmost respect for Plat and other native like him. But it is true that some tribal members are seriously raping the resource out there.

From all I have heard of Plat I too respect him and all he has done for our country!!

'There is no more neutrality in the world. You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.' Eldridge Clever

I write our officials and representatives all the time, which in most cases probably means nothing  :chuckle:, trying to change what I don't agree with.  I perceived Plat as someone who has some real influence in his tribe. :DOH:

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »
I have not denied that some regulations should be updated but not outright termination or dissolution of our Treaty. I don't like it as much as some of you bit when your outnumbered and fighting a more sizable force you do what you can. I haven't quit nor faltered on my choices or decisions but most don't understand or care to try and understand the war. The perception is it's a battle, a game of checkers when it's not. I do as much as I can and won't back down or change regardless of how much crap I take because it's my stance morally. I can't change it as much you couldn't change laws you didn't like.

Some point fingers and blame when the ones getting the fingerprinting and blame have nothing to do with it. But hey, some don't like it so oh well right? I hear over and over that the government is over stepping it's bounds, imposing or trying to impose more and more restrictions take away more freedoms and privacy but yet some are so quick to say we, as a people have to give up and forget who we are? Funny, as it seems some don't like what the government is doing and now you got a small taste of what my people went thru except we didn't have rights or a say in our attempted eradication.

In the bigger picture this is a small subject, but a subject nonetheless.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
4 names.  4 names can take credit for what has happened to the deer on YTC.  I have zero issues with tribal members filling their freezer for the winter.  Whether they kill a cow in september or a cow in december, its still a dead cow.  What irritates the hell out of me though is when you see the same 4 names on that check in sheet, year after year after year!  Its almost 2016, its time for the tribe to restrict harvest, and to give LE the tools to deal with these abusers when caught with their hand back in the cookie jar.  Hell make it a liberal bag limit even.  Most members won't even take that much if you make it a bull and a cow and a buck and a doe.  But it will stop, slow down, or at least give LE a tool to combat these *censored*s.  Guys like Plat hate these guys just as much as you and I.  I know this for an absolute fact.

With that said, YTC is seeing more training than they have in years.  Japs show up in september for 3 weeks to a month, and basically shut most units down for the whole archery season.  Muzzy was tough the last two years as well.  One of the  weekends of muzzy season they didn't have a single unit open.  I hunted it with my neighbor this year and for 5 days of the season, they only had 3 units open.  Not great deer units either.  Like anywhere, there are always a good buck or two around but its not like some of the northern units where your gonna see a bunch of deer a day.  Did see a few chukar out there this year though.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
 :yeah:
And it doesn't help when they close the whole north end for a horse racing event on the jwt!  :bash:

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 05:21:44 PM »
I saw a doe along the road last week that would make bobcat cringe as she was pure benchleg
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »
"Pure benchleg?"  Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'm thinking what you mean to say is it was a blacktail / mule deer hybrid, correct?

I've been recently educated and learned that true benchlegs are only found in southwest Oregon.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
I saw a doe along the road last week that would make bobcat cringe as she was pure benchleg
what did that smell like?

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »
"Pure benchleg?"  Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'm thinking what you mean to say is it was a blacktail / mule deer hybrid, correct?

I've been recently educated and learned that true benchlegs are only found in southwest Oregon.
yes she was an obvious blacktail mule deer cross. I wish I could've taken a picture. As to the smell I have no idea what your talking about
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »
Isn't Jim Burnworth the only guy who can identify deer species by smell?  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]