collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: OR Snowmobilers Use Heavy Equipment/Damage Forest Lands  (Read 16548 times)

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: OR Snowmobilers Use Heavy Equipment/Damage Forest Lands
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:13 AM »
The carnage and devastation in those picture is amazing.

:yeah:

Death penalty for all involved! 

:chuckle:  :chuckle:  :chuckle:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 06:52:29 AM »
Looks like they pushed over a couple " pecker poles " and one old, previous cut stump was in the picture. I know if there was a huge area that WAS messed up, there would be aerial pictures, graphs etc. If the green group, Oregon Wild is complaining, have them volunteer their time, instead of bitching and not doing squat until after the fact.which is typical with the " greenies world "..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
Looks like they pushed over a couple " pecker poles " and one old, previous cut stump was in the picture. I know if there was a huge area that WAS messed up, there would be aerial pictures, graphs etc. If the green group, Oregon Wild is complaining, have them volunteer their time, instead of bitching and not doing squat until after the fact.which is typical with the " greenies world "..

:yeah:  They could have just left it alone this year and part of next years contract would include fixing a couple things like the holes and removing the trees they pushed over. 
Can't do that though, gotta appease the tree huggers which BTW will do everything they can to get snowmobiles shut down. (and hunting, and ATV's and anything not human powered)

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »

:yeah:  They could have just left it alone this year and part of next years contract would include fixing a couple things like the holes and removing the trees they pushed over. 
Can't do that though, gotta appease the tree huggers which BTW will do everything they can to get snowmobiles shut down. (and hunting, and ATV's and anything not human powered)

Tree huggers or not...
throw out the legal binding contract and let everyone break the law???

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »
Sorry you can bet the worst pics are shown and I don't see that much damage... Perhaps a good natural fire can help them out! Stupid
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »

Tree huggers or not...
throw out the legal binding contract and let everyone break the law???

Seems like they only broke the law when, Oregon Wild saw something or was told about something. Otherwise, everything would of been hunky dory.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 07:16:18 PM »
Sorry you can bet the worst pics are shown and I don't see that much damage... Perhaps a good natural fire can help them out! Stupid

:yeah: what a joke.  :bash:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
So we're pretty much all in agreement that it's OK to take heavy equipment up into public forests and make "improvements".  Interesting discussion.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »
So we're pretty much all in agreement that it's OK to take heavy equipment up into public forests and make "improvements".  Interesting discussion.
Well it would appear that they got funds from the state to rent it...did they overstep thier direction... yup. Not quite sure im willing to throw stones at them from the pics provided..  nor am I overly concerend that a bunch of bunny huggers are up I  arms. Up here in the nw corner of the state the gov have concentrated a lot of 4x4 to walker valley. When the get thier panies in a twist about the impact im less sympathetic  than when we have several areas to choose from.  I dont see pulli g some small sapling s aor moving some blow down a crime against humanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2015, 10:34:03 PM »
They didn't just take heavy machinery up to the public forest and make improvements. The state paid for the freekin rental. They knew what was happening.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Ice Cap

• Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
After looking at those pictures of all that devastating damage I find this whole thing laughable.
I would however find it interesting to actually read the agreement/contract before passing judgement on anyone involved.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:47 AM »
They didn't just take heavy machinery up to the public forest and make improvements. The state paid for the freekin rental. They knew what was happening.

To be clear, they got funds from the state for the project which had strict guidelines, guidelines which didn't include the work they actually performed. The state was certainly negligent in not overseeing the project, but to say they knew what was happening is in direct contrast to the statements of the state managers. That doesn't make what these guys did right. It was wrong. I remember a thread two years ago where the whole forum was upset about a jeep that went off-road and got stuck on a hillside. It's amazing to me that that guy got so much hate directed at him and yet these guys "haven't done anything wrong". I'm not nearly as concerned with the amount of damage the snowmobilers caused (which seems nominal), but with the precedent that opens the door to more of this in the future.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 07:15:44 AM »
How can the STATE, have any control over a Federal job, Pman ? The states, Washington, have been known to steal OUR taxes from the snowmobile/ATV funds and put it in the general fund, which was illegal. I think even though we get OUR money, from that fund for trails, the state doesn't control the projects we work on.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
Those pictures don't look bad to me. I think the greeners are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is.

As with most greenie outfits....,,.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2015, 08:24:09 AM »
How can the STATE, have any control over a Federal job, Pman ? The states, Washington, have been known to steal OUR taxes from the snowmobile/ATV funds and put it in the general fund, which was illegal. I think even though we get OUR money, from that fund for trails, the state doesn't control the projects we work on.

I mispoke. The Feds not the State. The issue here has nothing to do with either WA or money being stolen from the general fund. Those are separate issues.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal