collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone need a bear hunting partner?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline bearhunter59

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Anyone need a bear hunting partner?
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:09:58 PM »
Haven't had a chance to go hunting for bear as much as I'd like due to lack of a hunting partner, and I don't really like calling by myself.  So I figure I'll throw a line out here and see if maybe there is someone else out there in the same boat.  I live in the Kent/Covington area, and have been heading out to the Cle Elum/Teanaway area the last couple of weekends, without much success.  Mainly because I am just starting to learn that area.

So, anyone still up for some bear hunting before deer and elk season start (modern firearm).  I'll go with you to whatever area you want.  I don't mind walking in aways, and I have my own mouth calls and e-call.

Let's knock a couple of these guys out before they get sleepy....

drop me a pm and I can give you my phone number....

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Anyone need a bear hunting partner?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
If you make it over to the eastside, which I know is a long drive I'd be more then happy to go with you.  Maybe if you wanted we could meet in the Manastash Unit for a day or two of hunting.  I have taken a couple of nice bears there with my bow.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »
Thanks for the offer....I'm gonna send you a pm...

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:11:14 PM »
i'm going tomorrow calling bear and coyote's.try for some bobcat's getteing the fever. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 06:40:22 AM »
Where ya headed Rick?
Going up to the OP myself. Helping a friend on a bull permit, but will be doing some calling for bob's & bears.

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
I PM you but havent heard back!

ill go hunting with ya depending on when ya wanna go and how long a drive but Ill meet up with ya.

and after tomorrow... I should have a BearManRic magic bear call...lol

Let me know!

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »
To all that have responded to my posting, I appreciate it.  I'll try to answer your PMs today.  Sorry, I didn't get to them or read them earlier.  I got busy Friday getting all my stuff together to take off Saturday morning, and didn't get online until late and that was just for a few minutes.

Anyway, we went over to the Teanaway area again.  Didn't get a chance to do any calling, but we did spend a lot of time walking/scouting/hunting...hiking with guns, as I tell my friends...lol.  Saturday, we saw a lot of does, and my buddy says he saw a nice 4x5 buck, (strange how he always sees these big animals when nobody else is around and I walk alot quieter than him, and don't smoke cigarettes like he does).  Other than a lot of turkeys, no elk, no bears.

We did get to stop 4 motorcyclist and explain to them that the area was non-motorized vehicles only and told them to go back the way they came.  They flipped us off and drove on down the road we were walking....I felt like shooting everyone of their tires out.  Too bad I didn't have anything to write their plate numbers down and could have turned their ass in.  That has to be my biggest pet peeve hunting in this state; I hate all the closed roads too, but I really hate trying to obey the signs, spending 2 hours or better walking up a closed road, only to have some bikers or atvs come ripping up the road behind us and then act like they didn't see the gate or the signs.

Anyway, I'll answer the PMs today and hopefully we can get something set up...

Rick

Offline elkaholic

• Longhunter
  • Brokenleg elk
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
had  same happen this elk season. 5 plus miles back with a bull down below us to only have 2 schmos ride teh dirt bikes all the way to us. needless to say the last day of our hunt ended crappy! I was pissed. :bash:

Offline fish-on37

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Hunter
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 01:23:56 PM »
I am in the Puget Sound area. I have been hunting these things for 3 years and have not seen one yet :dunno: So I guess I need a partner to show mw what I am doing wrong. I hear there is a lot of bear in my area but :dunno:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal