collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Some people are sick  (Read 6854 times)

Offline whitey

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • thank a soldier
Some people are sick
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:27:12 AM »

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: Some people are sick
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:54:48 AM »
What a shame, I'd shoot someone trying to steal my dog!  Especially if that crap was going on nearby.

Offline PastorJoel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
Like the article said, it might be only a matter of time before they start shooting people.  :(  I hope this person get caught soon!

I am not for killing a person over the death of some dogs (as much as I love dogs) but because this guy is already armed when he commits his crime, any confrontation would almost certainly need to involve the threat of if not the use of lethal force.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 02:15:39 PM »
Multiple possible motivations here.  None of them good.

A neighbor had a dog stolen.  The thieves attempted to sell the dog and word got around that "so-and-so has a new dog that looks like your missing one..." well the thieves sealed the deal by shooting the dog and then trying to claim the reward for the missing dog.

I try not to think the worst of the possibilities for my little Beagle buddy, Hoot that has been gone since Thanksgiving.

I am not for killing a person over the death of some dogs (as much as I love dogs) but because this guy is already armed when he commits his crime, any confrontation would almost certainly need to involve the threat of if not the use of lethal force.

As much as I agree with this, I'd have a hard time doing the right thing
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline lokidog

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
Like the article said, it might be only a matter of time before they start shooting people.  :(  I hope this person get caught soon!

If you were in that area and someone was stealing your dog, it's not too much of a stretch to assume they are armed... any sense of a threat when confronting them and... down and out.   :twocents:

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
oh idk, i think i would rather save the dogs and shoot this guy, i dont know why some people think a humans life is more important than a dogs, in most cases you are correct, but in this case this dude does not deserve to breath free air  :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
almost 100 dogs wow hard to believe there are people like this out there.Has this story been told by any mainstream news?I would think this would make the big local paper at least.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
Kind of strange...more than kind of.  I wonder if there are explanations that aren't the weird, serial killer type killing dogs for thrills.  A farmer that lost a bunch of sheep, goats or chickens?  Animal control kennels filled up already?  A hundred people each dumped one dog in the same spot?  Dogs being used to train pit bulls for fights and then finished off with a rifle?  I think the crazy weirdo version is probably most likely though.
I would think the police/people in the area would want to get LOTS of trail cameras.

Offline fair-chase

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
Kind of strange...more than kind of.  I wonder if there are explanations that aren't the weird, serial killer type killing dogs for thrills.  A farmer that lost a bunch of sheep, goats or chickens?  Animal control kennels filled up already?  A hundred people each dumped one dog in the same spot?  Dogs being used to train pit bulls for fights and then finished off with a rifle?  I think the crazy weirdo version is probably most likely though.
I would think the police/people in the area would want to get LOTS of trail cameras.

I agree. Something very strange here and a lot of facts missing from the story. Without further reporting, I'm finding it hard to believe that this many could have been stolen from homes without coming up with a single lead. My money would be on someone shooting strays.

I know in my neighborhood, I could easily shoot 100+ "strays" a week that cross my property. I have 20-25 animals a day coming into my yard. Animal control will do nothing with these dogs (and cats) because they simply don't have room for them. I refuse to put them down due to the possible legal implications, even though most could be considered feral. It's not worth the risk. I could see how someone else would feel it worth the risk, especially if you have small children around.

Offline whitey

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • thank a soldier
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 05:45:38 AM »
I think its just a matter of time until this person looses interest in dogs and turns his attention to people.
They are for sure not right in the head, soft between the ears. Hope someone is lucky enough to but this animal down, one way or another. DOWN.... >:(

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 10:21:30 AM »
Has anyone found a link to this story from a local paper in the area?I would think if this was truly happening the way this story is told by the EXAMINER that it would have a front page in the local paper with quotes from the local sheriff or something.  :twocents: If its a dog fighting ring,shooting and killing spree by some nut job.seems the video linked doesn't give much.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:32:47 AM by Oh Mah »
"Boss of the woods"

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 03:52:09 PM »
THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT  :yeah: THE EXAMINER STRIKES AGAIN  :chuckle: Some people are sick all right,the media spewing miss information everywhere they can.No integrity in media anymore.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline lokidog

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »
That's good, I guess.  What is the point of a false story like that?  :dunno:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
ITS VERY GOOD and um  :yeah:
"Boss of the woods"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal