collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dan Haggerty died this morning  (Read 16102 times)

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
Re: Dan Haggerty died this morning
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »
Grew up with Grizzly Adams and kinda always wanted to be him.....

At least I ended up with friends with an ass.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »
So we are all lamenting the loss of a man who portrayed an accused murderer who ran away and hid in the hills instead of facing the music and having his day in court.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  the good ol days aren't so good when you break it down.
There was more to it then that though,He felt he had no choice,He knew he didn't commit the crime and he knew the only person that could or would prove his innocence was dead.He left his own daughter behind so she could have a better life.If he would have stayed they would have hung him.Thats why after he met Mad Jack  (Denver pyle)Mad Jack several times had to stop him from going down and just turning himself in.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »
So we are all lamenting the loss of a man who portrayed an accused murderer who ran away and hid in the hills instead of facing the music and having his day in court.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  the good ol days aren't so good when you break it down.
There was more to it then that though,He felt he had no choice,He knew he didn't commit the crime and he knew the only person that could or would prove his innocence was dead.He left his own daughter behind so she could have a better life.If he would have stayed they would have hung him.Thats why after he met Mad Jack  (Denver pyle)Mad Jack several times had to stop him from going down and just turning himself in.  :twocents:

:yeah:

*PS Run.... He was accused of a crime he DIDN'T commit.  Mad Jack said so!*

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »

Just saying how many here would support this action today?  Just trying to make people think a little.  Doesn't mean I didn't like the show as I said I wanted to be the other guy.  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Mark251

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »
Loved that show when I was a kid.  Rest in Peace Mr. Haggerty.

Offline KenPCPilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • KenPCPilot
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
probably a good thing he died.  Poor man would be sick at the *censored* on TV now.  Kardashians WTF.  I always was eager to watch an episode. 
GO BUCKS

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

Just saying how many here would support this action today?  Just trying to make people think a little.  Doesn't mean I didn't like the show as I said I wanted to be the other guy.  :chuckle: :chuckle:
Your right,people would be up in arms over it.  :chuckle:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
Friend of mine trained the bear. He worked for my Dad several years afterwards.

I enjoyed the show.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:38:15 PM by rainshadow1 »
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »

Ive ran into a couple "outlaws" hiding out from the law....one beat a cop for being "rude"...beat him with a 2x4 if I remember....he was literally one of the nicest people I've met in the back country...tried cooking us bacon and eggs while we were visiting...very nice man

The next guy was a total ghost, never actually met him, but I came close a few times...he had it made...sob stole my canoe once...would be interesting to know his story

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »
CHILD SUPPORT   :peep:

SORRY COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.   :chuckle:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
I kinda have beard envy too.

Not gonna lie.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Sandberm

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 07:19:03 PM »
I just remember him being on "Battle of The Network Stars" :chuckle: And when it was his turn to sit on the little platform for the dunk tank segment ...he could wiggle his man boobs  :tung: Whatever chick that was in line to throw the softball to knock him off couldnt stop laughing.

Good times.

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 01:01:34 AM »
Yep RIP Dan Haggerty always love Grizzly Adams.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 06:01:24 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss Jackalope!! Just know that he is up there somewhere keeping an eye on you
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 06:30:05 AM »
Back in the day when they would film at what is now the Olympic game farm they would get gentle Ben to rip cabins down by putting a blue berry pie inside and then locking it up, he would slowly and methodically rip the cabin down, my mama got to work with Dan haggerty a couple times when she worked for the game farm, she said he was a really guy and treated everyone like you were a regular friend..
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10