collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who watches Randy anderson hunting videos!  (Read 7922 times)

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Who watches Randy anderson hunting videos!
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
Hey guys, Who like watching randy anderson coyote video's? Which are your favorite ones? Have you watched his older videos like the verminator ones and his older calling all coyotes videos? I have all the primos ones! So are his older ones as good as the primos ones, or better? Thanks
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
Re: Who watches Randy anderson hunting videos!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:41 PM »
I forgot to ask what are some other good predator hunting videos that are good to watch?

Offline CastleRocker

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:59:49 AM »
Watched the "Vermintators Bow-mania" the other night.  Good video and funny too.  I can really relate to having a coyote jump my string.  I've never shot one with my bow that was running though....now that was something to see!

I've only seen that one, and the first two Calling all Coyotes, haven't seen any of the new ones.  Learned a little more about howling on them though. 
Work to live, don't live to work.

You can educate away ignorance, sober up drunkenness, but you can't fix stupid.

Offline atomicjoe23

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »
I've been watching "Calling All Coyotes V" good so far. . .not grainy like what I hear the first one(s) were. . .it's long and I'm watching it in about 30 minute sessions. . .but it's 4 hrs long so it will take a while to finish it. . .
Joel

-Weatherby Vanguard Varmint Special--.22-250 Remington
-black synthetic Remington 870 Super Mag--3 1/2" 12 ga.
-camo synthetic Remignto 870--20 ga.
-6.8 AR15 build in progress. . .
-Ruger 10/22

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:33:06 AM »
i have them all. i tell a new person to get them for help on Howling and calling. i met Randy Anderson and Rick Pailet at the world predator hunting expo. great normal funny guy's the guy the shot the unicorn coyote with the bow will be hunting with him in a few week's that is TR Tim Richard's fellow callmaker. funny to meet them in person. i like Byron south's video's and many other's. Rick

Predator hunting super store. lot's of video's.   

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline ivarhusa

• Ivar Husa
  • Scout
  • Believing is easier than thinking.
    • Ivar's Family Web Pages
I'm a big Randy Anderson Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:23 AM »
I own nearly all of his videos (all of the Primos) and enjoy them mucho. Watching these videos gave me the idea that an older, out-of-shape dude who doesn't like eating wild game meat much (heresay) could enjoy hunting again. The idea of having the critters come to you is very attractive to men of a certain girth (oh, I'm not that heavy).

Each DVD is different, and all contain enough variety, that if you didn't like the hunting in, say, Texas so much, there was footage in Saskatchewan to offset it.  I really like the variety of terrain and weather they hunt in.  The content inspires me to not sit on my ass (in the house that is) when the weather isn't perfect for hunting.

I appreciate the down-home friendliness of the patter, with little boastfulness. They treat the animals they shoot with respect, and don't show a lot of blood. 

My favorite one-time appearance was with young Skye Higgins' first coyote.  I enjoy all the regulars such as Dave Tatum, Glen Zink, Shawn Heyden, and Wooly Kowerchuck. These are all guys you would enjoy hunting with, which, in a sense, you are.

If you like one Anderson DVD, you will like them all. The very early DVD's are a bit rougher, but they amazingly follow the same format as the most recent.  I really appreciate the quality of the videography Randy puts out (but for the first few).  It is much better than other coyote hunting DVDs I have watched. He sets the bar high, in my opinion.

Some 90% of the content has instructive value (if repetitive), with the balance being the montages set to music that are more "whack 'em and stack 'em". 

I appreciate that Randy uses synched sound for all of the hunting sequences (sound recorded as the video was being shot, not totally dubbed).  By contrast, the Best of the Quest video has music dubbed over nearly all of the hunting sequences. I don't like that format nearly as much. It takes me away from the beautiful places they are hunting.

My favorite? Probably the Truth V (the latest). All are great $$ values, showing hours of hunting and not too much palaver.

Ivar

Footnote: My wife absolutely hates these videos and doesn't appreciate my hunting coyotes. I've given her all the arguments. The sound of the calling makes her pull her hair out.  I can only watch these videos, now, when she is not present. So there is a dark side.
Live all you can: It’s a mistake not to.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
I watch alot of Randys videos and have like 4 or 5 of em i think. I would love to meet him and Wooly Bully...Wooly seems to be a shooter, some of those shots are pretty good.

The informational video they put out was really good to learn from. I never really get tired of watching them. :tup: :tup:

I wish he has some for bears.

Offline WARHORSE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »
that guy rocks!! his old ones are the best

Offline CastleRocker

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »
Footnote: My wife absolutely hates these videos and doesn't appreciate my hunting coyotes. I've given her all the arguments. The sound of the calling makes her pull her hair out.  I can only watch these videos, now, when she is not present. So there is a dark side.

Now THAT'S funny!  My wife doesn't like them either, and had an ablolute fit a while back when I sent her to the auto parts store, and they were watching the SAME video at the store as my son was at home!  She came home and was mumbling something about predator hunting being some sort of a contagious disease, at least in and around Castle Rock.

Great videos, hope they can continue the same down-home, yet professional type format.  I tried making a snowmobile video, and WOW, that takes alot of time!
Work to live, don't live to work.

You can educate away ignorance, sober up drunkenness, but you can't fix stupid.

Offline shoot-em-dead

• non-yar
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
Ive got primos mastering the art and calling all coyotes 1 through 4. Can't wait to get 5 but seams to be sold out everywhere I look. I think they are awsome and I learn new things from them all the time.
This closet is taken- go find your own

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
I had one, never finished watching it once, the guy never shuts up. I gave it and a couple others to coasthunter jay. Very boring. Worse than watching golf or a fishing show.
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline shoot-em-dead

• non-yar
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 03:00:14 PM »
I had one, never finished watching it once, the guy never shuts up. I gave it and a couple others to coasthunter jay. Very boring. Worse than watching golf or a fishing show.

Sounds to me like you watched Mastering the Art which is more of a talking clip. In the calling all coyotes clips there is lots of action.
This closet is taken- go find your own

Online Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
not bad, pretty good i thought lil talky at times but has some awsome footage and pretty good caller

Offline atomicjoe23

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 11:56:18 PM »
not bad, pretty good i thought lil talky at times but has some awsome footage and pretty good caller

I would hope so he get's paid for it.. .that would be my goal. . if I could get paid to hunt coyotes. . .there wouldn't be a coyote left int eh land. . .that is if I was good enough to make good on my claim!!!. . .

.  .we'll see what this weekend brings with my new .22-250 and the extended range that it will open up to me!!!
Joel

-Weatherby Vanguard Varmint Special--.22-250 Remington
-black synthetic Remington 870 Super Mag--3 1/2" 12 ga.
-camo synthetic Remignto 870--20 ga.
-6.8 AR15 build in progress. . .
-Ruger 10/22

Offline 509er

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 05:00:52 AM »
I agree, a little talky.  But great vids for sure.
I've hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

Offline MHWASH

• Sourdough
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 05:59:39 AM »
i've watched the first three, really enjoyed them. Have not watched any of his Primos ones. One of these days I'll buy Calling all coyotes 1

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:00 AM »
 MHWASH, are the first three you watched good ones? Which three were they?

Offline MHWASH

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
I could be wrong, but I believe the first three Randy made were, Calling all Coyotes, Verminators with Rick Pallet, and then CAC II. These were before Primos. The first is really good, lots of action. Vermenators is OK, but I did not care for all the bobcat action. CACII is good, but alot more talk that the first.

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 07:35:12 AM »
I really like Randy Anderson. At first I had a hard time with his corny behavior but I really like the guy now. I have the primos vids, verminators and calling all coyotes vids. I dig his buddies too. Woolly, and his neighbor he hunts with, can't remember his name at the moment. That guy is an awesome shot. Coyote vids are really the only hunting videos I like other than anything with Shockey.

I don't like the front porch section on the Truth series. They sit there with there good ole boy accents wearing camo and selling me calls. I skip those parts.

Y.A.R. Gold Member

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal