collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fila Brasiliero aka Brazilian Mastiff. Anybody?  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Fila Brasiliero aka Brazilian Mastiff. Anybody?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
I will tell you they aren't cheap.  Range from 1500 to 5000$ Depending on many things but maybe could find one from a person that has documents and such as many are mixed breed with Danes and mastiff again for more size.  Its apparent as a true Fila will have the bloodhound head, big boned and not overtly muscular.  Yes establishing dominance from day one was a challenge but a must with this breed.  He knows his place now.  Even my toddler is his boss.  I gave her a stick to chase him when he was just a lil guy.  He respects all 6 of us.  Very dominant breed and not for some people for sure.  Predictable that they may attack if their territory is infringed.  We socialize him a lot.  Truck rides, trips to jobsites, to the vet. often.  New people to meet so he can learn to judge friend and foes.  Unique yes, dangerous yes they can be and loving and sweet.  Don't know many breeds more loyal.  Anyone have a female? :hello:  The 1999 world champion Reno is his great grandfather if Im reading these dang portugese pedigrees right..     http://www.filadog.com/
MAGA!  Again..

Offline timberghost72

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Seattle Rifle & Pistol
Re: Fila Brasiliero aka Brazilian Mastiff. Anybody?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
I am familiar with the breed because I have an interest in dogs and when I was showing and working on farms I ran into lots of neat breeds.

Good looking pup.

Estate guardians, mastiffs, and molossers tend to protect an estate/neighborhood/township so driveway marking isn't even a tiny surprise to me.  The dogpile next to visitors autos seems territorial to me and not out of line at all. Dogs will be dogs.

If I had a mastiff or molosser I would go the Dogge de Bordeaux (french mastiff) route.

We have owned  a Bordeaux. They are awesome dogs. Gentle yet fiercely loyal and protective. Monster heads. We had him and a female Rottie. Got them both the same day as pups and they were unseperable. Both are gone now and we want to get another pair in the future.

I had a friend that had a Fila. Those things are huge dogs. Heard good things about them. Training them early and often should be at the top of your list.  :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal