collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: JOE WATT SHED HUNTERS BEWARE!!  (Read 27756 times)

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: JOE WATT SHED HUNTERS BEWARE!!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
Adding to that the written reports, a very high percentage were reported as being people using the public trail through the valley. Blows me away how hard they work to keep people off public land.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »
Oh, make sure you don't leave a garbage can out either because the bear ticket cops will show up and tell you how to use your garbage can.

Their public meeting recently is a prime example. There were more man hours dedicated to discussing a 10 year plan than were used executing the last ten year plan in 2006.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »
Guess it's my bad, but in my defense, I've been parking in the same area for years, right alongside people who have set up camps, other parked rigs, etc.  To make matters worse, when I look out my window at home on various weekends during the Summer, I see the entire valley behind the hay barn is filled with horse trailers, RV's, campers, etc., for weekend riding events.  Never hear of them being a ticketed.  Ignorance is no excuse, but a simple warning would have had the same corrective measures for doing something that appears to have been allowed throughout the shed hunting, riding and camping seasons.

I see favorites being played a lot in selah area. Horse backers get a lot of leways. Also we hunt modern rifle and I've seen ML hunters farther than 100ft and nothing happens but I think the land manager out there is a ML hunter and he questions us, gave my dad a ticket a few years ago before we even knew about the rule but you go 5 miles past our camp and there's a camp 400 feet off the road and they done get anything.

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
Could someone explain the green dot and 100 ft rule?  I've not heard of it
Around here roads have a white picket @ the start of a road , on the picket is a green dot. If you don't see a white picket when you turn on a road it closed. You can drive no farther than 100' down a non green dot road.
Yakima area?
Yes
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »
FYI, there's a game warden, ops, forgot they're now "Wildlife Police" who trolls through the DNR Snowpark lots up around Snoqualmie Pass.
A few years ago I came back to my truck and found a ticket on the windshield for not having a SnoPark permit; I did have one. I assumed the DNR LEO who was at the lot put it on my truck. I tracked him down and gave him an ear-full. Poor guy just stared at me with a bewildered look on his face. He asked to see the ticket. He let out a laugh and said something like "don't fish and wildlife have better things to do than troll through my lot".
I asked him what was wrong with how the permit was displayed in the windshield, he said "nothing, but your windshield could be a bit cleaner" (the note on the ticket said "permit not properly displayed"). I fought the ticket in the CleElum Court and beat it completely.
Nothing surprises me from our WDFW.

Offline Thehowler

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:13 PM »
Protecting wildlife 24-7 with a parking ticket book.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 08:50:43 PM »
FYI, sno-park and green dot road tickets aren't parking citations.

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »
FYI, sno-park and green dot road tickets aren't parking citations.

same difference- The officers clearly should be replaced with less expensive parking code enforcement officers. They don't have to drive expensive to outfit rigs and have extensive on going training and certifications. Also, the insurance we would pay via required accreditation (for the State to have an officer) would no longer be an issue. Just another normal State employee.

It is obvious based upon all the parking tickets(no discover pass or parking off a green dot) is an issue a simple code enforcement person is all that is needed.  :chuckle:

Remember, when we write letters to our representatives, tell them we feel it is ok to cut the WDFW budget and enforcement officers and area managers who put up no parking signs should be the first to lose their jobs. If we are unhappy with the service we are getting, cut the budget and support budget cuts.

I'm becoming more convinced that State Patrol should be in charge of enforcement. Leave WDFW the biologists to focus on raising fish and increasing our deer and elk herds.
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline canyelk48

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 05:36:59 PM »
Just a little followup.  Okay, so I get ticketed for parking too far off of a green dot road on opening day of shed hunting, where I, along with many other have always parked in years past, but today this is what I see in the same field that is supposedly a ticketed offense for having vehicles.  So.....evidently this is okay WDFW??  Happens throughout the Summer and you look the other way.  I'll be taking this, and other photos that I took with me to court when I go to contest my ticket. 

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 06:46:44 PM »
You'll win this one I bet.
Opportunity, state law,money grab.
You boys get out there and write those parking tickets. :chuckle:
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
Yeah that is some bs. I was thinking of you today when I rolled through there.

Offline hunterofelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 07:01:13 AM »
Yes I think you should take that photo in to contest the ticket, but I am wondering if that is the Washington State Horse Riders-or a similar club-having a weekend camp and maybe they got a permit to camp that many from the state.  I see something like that on Memorial Day weekend too.

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
Yes I think you should take that photo in to contest the ticket, but I am wondering if that is the Washington State Horse Riders-or a similar club-having a weekend camp and maybe they got a permit to camp that many from the state.  I see something like that on Memorial Day weekend too.

the one you are talking about is the John Wayne trail ride its a huge annual event.  http://www.jwpwr.org/cross-state-ride-2015/  so my guess is they have special use permits from the state.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 07:12:29 AM »
There are much larger groups than that that have been given more leeway.  Remember the Rainbows?  :dunno: :chuckle: :sry:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »
I see a giant group of woman riders there often during labor day weekend too . during modern rifle elk its a zoo too . just bs . good luck
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal