collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531538 times)

Online TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 08:35:40 AM »
I guess no more speculation on this one.  I can't grasp it being called a trophy due to the way it was harvested, to each his own I suppose.  That fact that it was likely illegal compounds my view even further. 

I think he should have his hunting rights revoked for life myself.  I also think the people that helped him should be charged and prosecuted as well.  They assisted him for some cash which is pretty disgusting. There is not even a small chance that the locals didn't know this was out of the legal hunting unit.

Clowns like this make us all look bad...

Let the court system do its job before you make judgements like that. That article had very little research put into it. Looks like the guy just read the thread that was put on here. No wonder at all legal action is going to be used. A few guys on here, and one in particular have spread information that is not accurate.

Paragraph 1, sentence 3, I state "likely illegal".  The rest of my post then becomes qualified by those words I believe. I Guess I could have been more careful and clear with my opinion as to not offend anyone.

I'm looking forward to following the legal proceedings. 

MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
Great article. Lots of facts, even some things I didn't already know. I'm not sure if it makes hunting in general look bad, but it certainly looks bad for the auction and raffle tags.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 08:54:34 AM »
Seems unlikely someone with a tag link that would risk a chance of getting in trouble at least you'd hope not

I'm not going to comment on any details while this case is open  or before the person on this forum gets served. I will tell you great steps were taken to do the right thing.

And the right thing was?  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »
Seems unlikely someone with a tag link that would risk a chance of getting in trouble at least you'd hope not

I'm not going to comment on any details while this case is open  or before the person on this forum gets served. I will tell you great steps were taken to do the right thing.

Welcome to the site. Pretty big first couple of posts.

And who is getting served if you don't mind me asking.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline kiticaashunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »

Welcome to the site. Pretty big first couple of posts.

And who is getting served if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you for the welcome.  I signed up to this forum to hopefully clear things up some. There has been a lot of false information posted on this site. A call was made to the game department asking if it was ok to shoot the bull where it located. After Morgan Grant from the game department checked into it another phone conversation took place and the hunters were told they absolutely could harvest that bull with that tag at that location. If in fact the info given was wrong the game department is the one to be blamed.

As for the person on here that will be dealing with legal issues, I can't tell you who that is at this point. But if you read the thread on this topic that was removed it would be really easy for you to guess who.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:52:54 AM by kiticaashunter »

Offline BUTTER

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 09:54:06 AM »
I believe a phone conversation if in fact went down is no excuse on where you killed the animal. Come on we all know where and when we can hunt and ifnwe don't we shouldn't be hunting. Like I said though who really knows all the facts this is between the hunter and the state officials now hownit stands. I hope though for the hunter he was in fact doing the right thing

Offline kiticaashunter

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
I believe a phone conversation if in fact went down is no excuse on where you killed the animal. Come on we all know where and when we can hunt and ifnwe don't we shouldn't be hunting. Like I said though who really knows all the facts this is between the hunter and the state officials now hownit stands. I hope though for the hunter he was in fact doing the right thing

You have every right to that opinion. My opinion is that if you are unsure of something you should be able to call your well paid public servant that is supposed to be the professional on the subject and get clarification.

I will say I would rather be in the hunters shoes facing that legal issue, than facing the civil issue the guy will be dealing with for publicly dragging the hunter through the mud. Win lose or draw it's going to be a really long drawn out EXPENSIVE situation.

Offline Branden

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »
I'm not going to comment on the legalities of it because I was not there nor the one that got supposed permission to hunt that area.

I do have a problem though with the part about how it's bad to shoot an animal in a field. Zero difference then shooting a cat out of a tree. Neither one takes any skill yet 99% of the people on this site would jump at the chance to shoot a lion in a tree. The first thread on this issue was started because guys were saying it wasn't much of a hunt. Not that it was illegal. Then that started after a page or two.

So for the guys that are saying it's not hunting get off your high horse.

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
Really, we're doing this again, a day after the previous lengthy topic was locked?  Can't people just be happy for now that the State has filed charges and now let the process work instead of all this needless discussion over a well beaten topic? 

I hope this thread is locked quickly so it doesn't keep popping up in my "show new replies to your post" page. 

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

You have every right to that opinion. My opinion is that if you are unsure of something you should be able to call your well paid public servant that is supposed to be the professional on the subject and get clarification.

I will say I would rather be in the hunters shoes facing that legal issue, than facing the civil issue the guy will be dealing with for publicly dragging the hunter through the mud. Win lose or draw it's going to be a really long drawn out EXPENSIVE situation.

Common sense would seem to dictate that it's foolish to talk about an issue on a public forum with legal action pending, regardless of whether you side with the plaintiff or the defendant.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
There is an ignore feature you may choose to use.

Offline kiticaashunter

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »

Common sense would seem to dictate that it's foolish to talk about an issue on a public forum with legal action pending, regardless of whether you side with the plaintiff or the defendant.

I haven't and won't say anything that will have any effect on either issue. I could say a lot more on the issue, but will not for the exact reason you mentioned.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
You state you signed up to this forum to hopefully clear some things up.

Please, by all means, clear things up.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »
You state you signed up to this forum to hopefully clear some things up.

Please, by all means, clear things up.

I was also wondering when that was going to happen!

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »
I love this "I know but I'm not gonna tell you" stuff...
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand