collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531549 times)

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
Seems unlikely someone with a tag link that would risk a chance of getting in trouble at least you'd hope not

I'm not going to comment on any details while this case is open  or before the person on this forum gets served. I will tell you great steps were taken to do the right thing.

And the right thing was?  :chuckle:

Welcome to the site. Pretty big first couple of posts.

And who is getting served if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you for the welcome.  I signed up to this forum to hopefully clear things up some. There has been a lot of false information posted on this site. A call was made to the game department asking if it was ok to shoot the bull where it located. After Morgan Grant from the game department checked into it another phone conversation took place and the hunters were told they absolutely could harvest that bull with that tag at that location. If in fact the info given was wrong the game department is the one to be blamed.

As for the person on here that will be dealing with legal issues, I can't tell you who that is at this point. But if you read the thread on this topic that was removed it would be really easy for you to guess who.

Legal precedence was set in this situation when good old uncle Joe told every one to I said, ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house"

Didn't work for anyone who did that and used it as a defense...
http://therighttobear.com/why-a-man-ended-up-in-jail-after-listening-to-joe-bidens-advice-on-guns/
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/joe-biden-defense-gun-case-jeffrey-barton-116178

so if the vice president tells you it's ok to break the law and it doesn't work as a legal defense the word of a sergeant or anyone for that matter at wdfw ain't gonna work :twocents:

POACHING and those who condoned this however high up in wdfw should be terminated ! Money shouldn't allow you to break the law :bash:

Offline huntingfool7

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: huntingfool7
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »
A repeat offender with deep pockets with a defense of an alleged phone call. 

Fines and reparations won't mean anything.  IF WDFW isn't too addicted to his money, his hunting privileges should be revoked.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »
My recollection of what I had read a few years ago re: the earlier incident was that those who had been involved in the investigation were convinced they had solid evidence of a game law violation and involving the aerial spotting and felt betrayed that that charge had not been pursued.   But that charge was never pursued so I don't think the case could be made that he is a repeat game law violator.  The fact is though he did admit to breaking other laws while hunting in that case.   

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
My guess is people have joined the forum to distract or draw attention away from there involvement in a messy situation . The fact that people have posted the bull was shot in 334 is true ,the involved parties aren't denying that . Whether or not they knew it was illegal or if they had permission is what the courts will decide . My guess is a few new members are also old members . I know that  there was plenty of peacocking and discriminating evidence flying around in pm's . The bottom line is this whole thing is a mess and the defendant has deep enough pockets that the whole thing wont matter much to him . My hopes are the whole thing is resolved before Sept 1st in regards to the 2016 auction tag . I imagine if found guilty he could just gift it to a friend all though I'm not sure if that's legal .
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 11:02:04 AM »
Crazy how politicians can slander and lie about each other and nothing happens is nuts in comparison to what has been said about the defendant . 
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 11:16:33 AM »
End result of this whole debacle?- You or I will not have to obey GMU boundaries, because apparently they mean nothing.

I sincerely hope this mount on the wall justifies the means...
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
End result of this whole debacle?- You or I will not have to obey GMU boundaries, because apparently they mean nothing.

I sincerely hope this mount on the wall justifies the means...
Only if you have enough money...

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
My guess is people have joined the forum to distract or draw attention away from there involvement in a messy situation . The fact that people have posted the bull was shot in 334 is true ,the involved parties aren't denying that . Whether or not they knew it was illegal or if they had permission is what the courts will decide . My guess is a few new members are also old members . I know that  there was plenty of peacocking and discriminating evidence flying around in pm's . The bottom line is this whole thing is a mess and the defendant has deep enough pockets that the whole thing wont matter much to him . My hopes are the whole thing is resolved before Sept 1st in regards to the 2016 auction tag . I imagine if found guilty he could just gift it to a friend all though I'm not sure if that's legal .
:yeah:  Exactly!
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline bulldogs40

• Hunter
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
oh good, another animal with a name was killed by a person with too much money that calls himself a hunter and has the money to hire people to do the hard work for him. I think the term harvester would be more appropriate... or poacher.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:00:59 PM by bobcat »

Offline Bullkllr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »
I read some of the posts in the other thread with mild interest.

Seeing the story laid out in that article, and if the facts are as they appear, all I have to say is WOW  :yike:
So much wrong about the whole scenario.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »
I read some of the posts in the other thread with mild interest.

Seeing the story laid out in that article, and if the facts are as they appear, all I have to say is WOW  :yike:
So much wrong about the whole scenario.
:yeah:  I didn't bother reading the last thread for the most part, what a mess!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »
 How does an anonymous screen name get sued?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
remember there no freedom of speech  in merica !

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »

Not sure if you're joking or not, but this is straight out of the forum rules:

These rules are subject to change at any time for any reason, I will update this topic when there is a change.

The owners of this forum reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint, legal, or lawful action arising from your use of this forum.

Thank You,
Forum Management Team

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »

Not sure if you're joking or not, but this is straight out of the forum rules:

These rules are subject to change at any time for any reason, I will update this topic when there is a change.

The owners of this forum reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint, legal, or lawful action arising from your use of this forum.

Thank You,
Forum Management Team

I don't know the guy's name. Do you have to provide your full legal name when you register here? I honestly have no clue as I signed up a really long time ago and don't remember.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter