collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531534 times)

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »
No clarification needed on this simple issue! Closed gmu for branched antler bulls. My 6 year old understands it, why can't 257 and everyone excusing this poaching incident understand no call was needed in the first place. How many gov tags has he had and he's dense enough to not understand something so simple :yike:

Some of you guys its just cut and dry, hopefully you guys don't ever get jammed up!!....

And here we go, " how many governor tags has he had"??  Though most of you will never admit it, if the tables were turned and it was a everyday Joe that did this, it woulda only been a couple pages. Because of the accused is who he is, Tod is held to a higher standard.. He's gonna walk...
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »
A poll would be interesting.  Simple yes or no. Walk or no walk. My money is he walks with zero repurcussions. 

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »
And I'll be willing to bet, knowing the state and how they do things, the person that gave him the go ahead might get a verbal reprimand at most...
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
Fine.  $1 says they get a stern talking to!  :chuckle:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »
No clarification needed on this simple issue! Closed gmu for branched antler bulls. My 6 year old understands it, why can't 257 and everyone excusing this poaching incident understand no call was needed in the first place. How many gov tags has he had and he's dense enough to not understand something so simple :yike:

In order to get to a conclusion that everything was on the up and up, assumptions have to be accepted that demand a series of logical leaps and coincidences to all come together.  While that would not make it impossible it certainly complicates preferring that version of events.

Did the call go like this:   

Caller: Is this South Central Big Game Auction Tag valid for elk under any circumstances in GMU 334?

WDFW:  What does it say in the Game Regs?

Caller: It says - Elk: Any 300 or 500 series GMU open to elk hunting except GMUs not open to branch antlered bull elk hunting

WDFW: Does GMU 334 have any elk season that allows the taking of branch antlered bull elk?

Caller:  No, not that I can locate. 

WDFW:  I think you have just answered your own question.

Or did the call go like this:

Caller: Can a disabled hunter shoot an elk with a high-power rifle in GMU 334 south of the canal?

WDFW:  No, anyone hunting elk in that area would need to use a slug gun, muzzle loader, a bow, a crossbow or a hand gun that meets the firearm restriction.

Caller:  Even if the disabled hunter has a South Central Big Game Auction Tag if he wants to shoot an elk in GMU 334?

WDFW:  Yes, even if the disabled hunter has a South Central Big Game Tag. 

Caller:  So it is OK to hunt elk in GMU 334, but he would have to use a muzzle loader?

WDFW:  Yes, or some other weapon that is legal to hunt elk with in GMU 334.

Caller:   Hey guys, guess what, bla bla @ WDFW just gave the all clear.     

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2016, 06:23:31 PM »
Fine.  $1 says they get a stern talking to!  :chuckle:

Oh I bet!! Grin
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »

I keep asking and all I have seen so far can easily be recognized as  fallacious arguments consisting exclusively of reductio ad absurdum or offers to burn down yet another straw man.

This might be the funniest thing I've read on the inteweb all year..... Dead language and all.

And in that spirit:    I've ottagay etgay ovingmay.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »
I suspect the call didn't go like either scenario. Something tells me that the call coincidentally went after an unsuccessful and rather unfortunate incident involving the death of one of the other pets and when the call was made it was asking permission to fulfill the raffle tag since they were trying to move the pets anyways and bungled a previous attempt.

Subsequently, resulting in the official as previously stated said they would call back as they needed to find out from the powers above if that tag holder would be approved to kill one of the pets. The call was returned stating he was given authorization and he proceeded forward.

So, why no uproar over the other pet dying twisted in barb wire fencing and having to be put down?
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Todd_ID

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunt Hard!
« Reply #428 on: May 26, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
My word, this is the train that just keeps on wrecking.  Why not let it die for a while until the judge has a say?
Bring a GPS!  It's awkward to have to eat your buddies!

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »
  Having been the recipient of a incentive tag I know mine came with a detailed letter explaining all the open units , maps and restrictions for that particular hunt, also included were  the  names and phone numbers of the game department contacts for the hunt, with my tag I had to call in and report each day were I was hunting, no wiggle room for a person to say they didn't  know the stipulations of the hunt, the tag holder is ultimately responsible for making sure the the hunt is legal, there was no baiting for a particular answer allowed, it was pretty black and white.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2016, 06:59:16 PM »
I suspect the call didn't go like either scenario. Something tells me that the call coincidentally went after an unsuccessful and rather unfortunate incident involving the death of one of the other pets and when the call was made it was asking permission to fulfill the raffle tag since they were trying to move the pets anyways and bungled a previous attempt.

Subsequently, resulting in the official as previously stated said they would call back as they needed to find out from the powers above if that tag holder would be approved to kill one of the pets. The call was returned stating he was given authorization and he proceeded forward.

So, why no uproar over the other pet dying twisted in barb wire fencing and having to be put down?

All I can say to that is:   "I keep asking and all I have seen so far can easily be recognized as  fallacious arguments consisting exclusively of reductio ad absurdum or offers to burn down yet another straw man."

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »
  Having been the recipient of a incentive tag I know mine came with a detailed letter explaining all the open units , maps and restrictions for that particular hunt, also included were  the  names and phone numbers of the game department contacts for the hunt, with my tag I had to call in and report each day were I was hunting, no wiggle room for a person to say they didn't  know the stipulations of the hunt, the tag holder is ultimately responsible for making sure the the hunt is legal, there was no baiting for a particular answer allowed, it was pretty black and white.

:tup:  Yup, that is the way it works. 

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »
A poll would be interesting.  Simple yes or no. Walk or no walk. My money is he walks with zero repurcussions.
start the poll!  He will walk, IF fish and game acknowledge that they gave him permission!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:

I think there is plenty of speculation and drama without a formal poll.

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
How can you do a poll when nobody (except JDHasty) knows all the exact facts.  The poll would ask...  What do you think the facts are and assuming you think you know the facts what do you think 6 random people that you don't know will find for the defendant if this case ever gets to trial...?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]