collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531657 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:10 PM »
As far as I can see it still boils down to what question was asked on his call to WDFW and what their answer was.

Whether or not he knew what the answer was before he asked the question is impossible to know, but if you can't go to WDFW for clarification who can you go to?

The state published regulations like everyone else.

Again, at the risk of repeating myself:  We are not talking about an intern, we now know that we are talking about Morgan Grant, and his supervisor Rich Mann. 

Let me go out on a limb, knowing Rich Mann and knowing Morgan Grant's rep, any question was answered thus - what do the Game Regs say?  So you have just answered your own question. 

If a legally defined "spike" with a legal second point or seventy points on the second antler is a "spike' In GMU 334 then it means that the area is still "not open for branched antler bull elk."  It is open only for elk that can legally be defined as a spike.

If the same elk were in a different GMU then he is branched antlered and that is not so hard to figure out that any of my ten-year old hunter-ed students could miss that question.  An elk can be legal in a spike only area and also legal in a branched antler area with two steps.   

The thing that matters is that a "spike" is a legal spike and defined as ONLY being a "spike" in GMU 334 irrespective of whether an adjacent unit would recognize that very same elk as a legal branched antler bull.
So 334 is pen to branch bulls?

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:52 PM »
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2016, 09:09:24 PM »
What I am getting at is that the gate is narrow and I will not allow it to be expanded to accommodate any nonsense.   In order for an GMU 334 to not be closed to branch antler bull hunting Todd Reichert has to show me where an elk that is not defined within that GMU as a spike or antlerless was open. 

It naturally follows, does it not, that if you cannot meet that criteria there is no question that it was not open for any other elk than could meet this restriction. 

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »
Is there any case history where an internet forum owner was successfully sued for unsubstantiated statements posted by a forum member?

This isn't Gawker, and these posts are child's play compared to anything you'd see on YouTube, Twitter, or hell even the foxnews comments section.

I'm the focus of the threats and I am confident I have libeled no one.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2016, 09:13:37 PM »
As before, I'm not defending, supporting or condoning Mr Reichert s actions just peering into all scenarios.

So, it's known that someone called and spoke with a well known, ethical and knowledgeable employee under the supervision of another such employee.

It's been identified that neither of them were legally able to authorize such a "hunt", but allegedly did. It wouldn't be the first time or last where someone without legal authority authorized an action they weren't authorized to do so.

How many times have people been let out with warnings? Was there a law created or passed that gave authority to the enforcement side to give warnings when people break the law and the law says otherwise?

Just saying. :dunno:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
A 1x6 is a branched antler bull. My view is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"! Congrats WDFW  you win a PR nightmare.  The prosecutor (and JD) might want to look and evaluate possible outcomes. 
Maybe Rich Mann and Morgan Grant will accept responsibility and step down.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2016, 09:29:33 PM »
I really can't wait for this to play out....

I somehow doubt it's gonna be as cut and dried as some of you think.

But, I could be wrong....
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2016, 09:31:49 PM »
This is a good is discution and agin goes back to my question of how do you all know this guys guilty. I'll admit I'm playing a little dumber than I am but I'll play a little longer.

Humor me. (Even though I'm a new guy ) let's say your standing next to a game warden. A buck pops out of the trees. You say " mr warden can I shoot that buck?" Mr warden says " you bet" but then Three months  later it turns out there's some question  whether or not you could or even that it was out right poaching. What would you say? I'm guessing when it came down to it you'd say "I was staniding next to a warden and he told me to shoot it"

Maybe on the internet some of you would tell that warden " no way" but I bet in the woods the answer would be " bang"

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
This is a good is discution and agin goes back to my question of how do you all know this guys guilty. I'll admit I'm playing a little dumber than I am but I'll play a little longer.

Humor me. (Even though I'm a new guy ) let's say your standing next to a game warden. A buck pops out of the trees. You say " mr warden can I shoot that buck?" Mr warden says " you bet" but then Three months  later it turns out there's some question  whether or not you could or even that it was out right poaching. What would you say? I'm guessing when it came down to it you'd say "I was staniding next to a warden and he told me to shoot it"

Maybe on the internet some of you would tell that warden " no way" but I bet in the woods the answer would be " bang"

You should start playing smarter soon. Your post makes no sense in regards to this situation.

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »
Ok. Subtitute buck with bull. Make sense yet? Thought maybe that line could be read between. My bad, Internet after all . Lowest common denominator must be factored

Offline chester

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2016, 09:46:39 PM »
Ok. Subtitute buck with bull. Make sense yet? Thought maybe that line could be read between. My bad, Internet after all . Lowest common denominator must be factored
I guess what he was trying to say is stop speaking in riddles.
Every time the silt starts to settle someone has to go splashing through the puddle again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dilligaf

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »
back to my question of how do you all know this guys guilty.

He killed a branched antler bull in unit 334.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2016, 09:51:15 PM »
Is there a reason this unit does not allow big bull harvest? Just to give the elk a place to get domesticated?  Caught in fences, euthanized and wasted?  To create controversy and "grey areas" to possibly be exploited? Is this effective management?  Are they (WDFW ) not taking opportunity from all hunters by facilitating a "safe" zone for these bulls in an agriculture conflict area?

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »

:yeah: :bdid:

Offline chester

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2016, 09:51:38 PM »

:yeah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dilligaf

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal