collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531640 times)

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #630 on: June 03, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »
That may we'll be the right answer there

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #631 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:57 PM »
Is there a reason this unit does not allow big bull harvest? Just to give the elk a place to get domesticated?  Caught in fences, euthanized and wasted?  To create controversy and "grey areas" to possibly be exploited? Is this effective management?  Are they (WDFW ) not taking opportunity from all hunters by facilitating a "safe" zone for these bulls in an agriculture conflict area?

Is there a reason?  It happened north of two decades ago and it was related to "proximity to Seattle" and mass numbers of trespass.  So it was decided to make this area ultra restrictive. 

But there was still the crop damage from he Colucum herd and so putting pressure on the herd would be sufficient to make a harvest of elk a certainty.  And everybody always understood that it was fair that bull elk were off limits.

It just is what it is and has been.  Live it, love it, learn it.  And nobody gets a pass.

But no.  Somebodies thought they were smarter by half.  You play with the bull... you get the horn.  Live it, love it, learn it.

And Todd Reichert getting the horn is evidently what it will take for everybody to get the message. 

My God man, "I eat elk, but I don't hunt elk." just come over and shoot that big bull... and I could have sat on my friend's veranda and popped a trophy bull and halved it with them.  But it is not legal.  They know it and I know it and our freezer is always full anyway, but I don't have a big set of antlers and I am OK with that.

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #632 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
My quiestion still stands. Of how does every one on this web site knows unequivocally of this mans guilt. Guilty until proven innocent huh? Lots of " patriots" on here forget the system were built on once they see somthing that pisses them off.

Offline chester

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #633 on: June 03, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »
My quiet ion still stands. Of his every one on this web site knows unequivocally of this mans guilt. Guilty until proven innocent huh? Lots of " patriots" on here forget the system were built on once they see so thing that pisses them off.

You claim to have knowledge of the hunt . So straight forward yes or no. Was the bull shot in gmu 334?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dilligaf

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #634 on: June 03, 2016, 10:34:37 PM »
My quiet ion still stands. Of his every one on this web site knows unequivocally of this mans guilt. Guilty until proven innocent huh? Lots of " patriots" on here forget the system were built on once they see so thing that pisses them off.

It's been admitted that he shot the bull in unit 334.....guilty, everything else is for the courts.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2016, 10:38:19 PM »
No such thing as exonerating circumstances phool?

Your buddy pope would probably disagree, based on his profession and all

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #636 on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:11 PM »

You claim to have knowledge of the hunt . So straight forward yes or no. Was the bull shot in gmu 334?

Well  :dunno:

Offline chester

• Sourdough
« Reply #637 on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:55 PM »
I'm waiting patiently for his reply. Shouldn't take that long to type one word.

Dilligaf

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #638 on: June 03, 2016, 10:41:42 PM »

You asked for evidence of guilt, of this there is no question, he killed a branched antler bull in unit 334........period, can't spin that!

As I said, everything else is up to the courts.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bullkllr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #639 on: June 03, 2016, 10:42:09 PM »
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #640 on: June 03, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »
Shouldn't be any different. Not open to branch antler bulls so don't go there looking for branch antler Bulls.
He should be prosecuted the same if was a raghorn or a trophy .

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #641 on: June 03, 2016, 10:55:21 PM »

You asked for evidence of guilt, of this there is no question, he killed a branched antler bull in unit 334........period, can't spin that!

As I said, everything else is up to the courts.

Guilt is decided at the end of the trial, not the beginning. Even with a confession

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #642 on: June 03, 2016, 10:57:05 PM »
My quiestion still stands. Of how does every one on this web site knows unequivocally of this mans guilt. Guilty until proven innocent huh? Lots of " patriots" on here forget the system were built on once they see somthing that pisses them off.

I know the facts.  I have a fairly good understanding of what the Controlling Legal Authority is and I have listened to what is offered up as a mitigating factor. 

I say that charges were warranted and I offer my opinion as to how what is offered as mitigating factors should be considered. 

I am very confident of what I have presented as fact, I am very confident in my understanding of how the Controlling Legal Authority applies, I have offered what I think impeaches every defense offered up and I have been straight up on what my opinion regarding guilt/innocence is and why. 

Deconstruct my arguments and offer an alternative outcome based on what you have to offer as fact.   Let us know exactly what the supposed phone calls could possibly have contained that make this a "grey area."   

I have stood my ground and defended my statements of fact and now they have been validated.  I stand behind my assumptions as more likely than not as valid and have invited impeachment.  Have I not? 

Let's have some "put up."  Or just shut up.  Let's have some substance to give reason to juxtapose my facts and what I see as is more likely than not.  Let's get away from what is possible went down to what is more likely than not what went down. 

In other words let's have something that is verifiable as factual that makes this nebulous phone call mitigate a charge of Unlawful Hunting of Big Game II.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:52:08 AM by JDHasty »

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #643 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00:34 PM »
Would you agree that there still might be exonerating circumstances, or are you so sure that there can't even be the possibility?

I just don't see how anyone who wasn't directly involved can be so certain.

I also can't understand why I keep coming back to this thread for a re-re-re-re-rehashing.

:yike:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #644 on: June 03, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
I'm waiting patiently for his reply. Shouldn't take that long to type one word.

:dunno: 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal