collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Clean and sober sportsmen.  (Read 35287 times)

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
Re: Clean and sober sportsmen.
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2016, 06:32:35 AM »
Happy Monday friends. No hang overs for me this last weekend, Halliluah!  My plan is to hunt around Colville this next weekend. I hope to fill my deer tag and maybe pop my first turkey, I need to check the regs before I go though. I saw tons of deer last year during my moose hunt including 5 legal bucks. If anyone lives in the vicinity and would like to meet up and chat, let me know.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »
Hit day 1000 a little while back.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • Mark Wantola
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
Nice job Mr my kiss. I just went over a year on the 15th. Life is good, looking forward to a sober holiday season. I have a sense of freedom today that was missing while drinking.. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • Mark Wantola
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
Happy New Year to all of my brothers and sisters. I hope you all were able to spend some quality time with friends and family over the holiday season with a clear head and clean body. Holidays can be tough for us but now we can get on with just living life. Don't look back, don't future trip, just live in the moment, one day at a time. There really is safety in numbers, so go to meetings and find like minded friends to surround yourself with. If anybody needs someone to talk to, pm me your number and I will call you. Stay strong my friends.   Mark

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
 :yeah: I'm happy to help as well.  Happy Holidays! 

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2017, 07:07:51 PM »
Happy new year ladies and gents !!! I am to the point now where it doesn't bother in the least to be around people drinking!! My son got to come home for xmas, he is in the 82nd airborne unit, and deploys to a really bad spot in Iraq in march, I won't see him again until next September or December!! Well he turn d 21 on the 11th and it was awesome going to a bar with him, buying him a few beers and me having my Diet Coke  :chuckle: I actually though about having a beer with my boy now a man going off to fight for those that can't fight for themselves but I chose not to and it didn't bother me at all  :tup: just keep fighting the good fight and living life to its fullest, the rest will take care of itself, and we benefit big time because we don't have to wake up wondering what kind of dumb stuff we did or waking up with no clothes on next to someone you don't remember going to bed with ... :yike: :chuckle: those days are way in the past, never to return , now it's just a funny memory  :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »
Way to go jackmaster. Having a non alcoholic drink in hand helps.  When I'm out with friends, there are some particular smells that can momentarily tempt me, but for the most part it doesn't bother me either.
My husband served in Iraq about 8/9 years ago and it wasn't easy.  I'm grateful for your son's service, and will pray for him.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2017, 07:33:56 PM »
Way to go jackmaster. Having a non alcoholic drink in hand helps.  When I'm out with friends, there are some particular smells that can momentarily tempt me, but for the most part it doesn't bother me either.
My husband served in Iraq about 8/9 years ago and it wasn't easy.  I'm grateful for your son's service, and will pray for him.
thank you very much ma,am !!! Serving was the greatest honor of my life and now MY son will feel that honor as well, thank you very much for the prayers, I just need my son home safe and sound!!! He has a great mental attitude and is as tough as they come , I couldn't be more proud !!! Pas on my thanks to your husband if you will, and congrats ma,am!!!

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
thank you very much ma,am !!! Serving was the greatest honor of my life and now MY son will feel that honor as well, thank you very much for the prayers, I just need my son home safe and sound!!! He has a great mental attitude and is as tough as they come , I couldn't be more proud !!! Pas on my thanks to your husband if you will, and congrats ma,am!!!
I will pass it along. Thank you for your service as well! I'm sure your son will appreciate having you to talk to about it all when he gets home safely! :)

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
I will pass it along. Thank you for your service as well! I'm sure your son will appreciate having you to talk to about it all when he gets home safely! :)
yes ma,am it sure helps to have someone that has been there and done it, people that haven't would never understand, which is totally fine, we just as well would like to keep it that way  :)

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »
 :tup:

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
Day 8700plus.  The first thirty were the hardest.  The last 8200 have been easy.

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • Mark Wantola
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2017, 06:31:24 AM »
Congrats KOR, that is a good start.  :tup:

:chuckle:

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • Mark Wantola
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
Happy New Year brothers and sisters. I can't believe it's been a year since I posted here. I don't get on the site much anymore, I just don't seem to be into any social media much anymore. A lot has changed this last year but I am happy to say that I have 2 years of sobriety as of Dec 15.  I got medically laid off after 30 years on the job due to my arthritis issues, it just got too hard to go in and be productive anymore. I was missing at least 1 if not 2 days a week so it was time to go. Thank God I never had to pick up a drink but then I found myself with an endless supply of pain meds. I was worried that if I took them it would lead to another addiction but I use my program and friends and family to stay true to my journey. I can't take any anti inflammatory meds because I'm on blood thinners for an artificial heart valve. Anti inflammatory drugs thin the blood even more, and I don't want to bleed to death. Lol 
Now days I'm in physical therapy so I hope to either go back to work one day or at least be able to enjoy life a little more than last year. I didn't hunt or fish nearly as much as I used to. I've become more of a road hunter than I have ever imagined. I know a lot of people on here consider that slob hunting, myself included, but I'm going to get out anyway possible. .
I hope all of you out there who are fighting the same demons find the strngth to stay on the straight and narrow. God bless you all. Happpy  New Year.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
 :tup: Good to hear things are going well.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]