collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need to take off some weight? Eat lots of eggs.  (Read 18594 times)

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Need to take off some weight? Eat lots of eggs.
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2016, 03:08:47 PM »
Nice work Pman keep it up!

I just started back on my calorie watching. I've done the low carbs before and they do work but over time the low calorie is easier to stick with, for me anyway. Last time I lost 90 pounds watching calorie intake and exercising, took about 8 months. Probably the best shape I've ever been in, my 15 year old nephew couldn't even keep up with me on the MT bike trails  :chuckle: Hoping to do even better and keep it off this time.

Offline Camo Queen

• Women's Board
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
Great job Pianoman! I've been eating low carb for a year and a half now and I've lost 70 lbs!! It definitely works and as others have said it has cured any bloating/stomach ailments that I had when I was eating carbs... I don't eat anywhere near that many eggs, but stick to fatty meats and veggies and all the mayo and oils I want.

PS...Crushed up pork rinds make an EXCELLENT replacement for breadcrumbs. Used them to make some fried chicken a few weeks ago and even my guy who doesn't eat low carb LOVED it!

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
Great job Pianoman! I've been eating low carb for a year and a half now and I've lost 70 lbs!! It definitely works and as others have said it has cured any bloating/stomach ailments that I had when I was eating carbs... I don't eat anywhere near that many eggs, but stick to fatty meats and veggies and all the mayo and oils I want.

PS...Crushed up pork rinds make an EXCELLENT replacement for breadcrumbs. Used them to make some fried chicken a few weeks ago and even my guy who doesn't eat low carb LOVED it!

Way to go, Camo! You're an inspiration. And I'd forgotten all about using pork rinds as a sub for bread crumbs. That's the answer for the Scotch Eggs! You've got a lucky guy there.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »

Yes they do.  It is one of my favorite coatings.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline arees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, SCI, NRA
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »
I'll try those Tea Eggs, BC, but I have to figure out a way around the flour...

Uh, 'flour?' You mean the wheat in the soy sauce?  :dunno: There's gluten free tamiri, which is basically soy sauce without the added wheat. But you definitely don't need to add any to the pot for the eggs. We don't add sugar, either. Let me know how you like it.

Sorry, the Scotch Eggs Recipes - the flour in the recipe plus the bread crumbs to coat it. The tea eggs look cool and i have a gluten-free tamari although I don't care about gluten, just sugars from carbs.

Scotch eggs don't need any flour or bread crumbs.  Just wrap sausage around the egg and bake them.  I went back to low carb eating a couple of weeks ago and am 10 lbs down so far.

I also bought several bags of pork rinds.  I wonder if you can roll the scotch eggs in them.
We need a crusade for the children, a children's crusade.

Offline RatRodMike

• Hunter
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »
Last week I used pork rinds to replace tortilla chips in my taco salad.  Delicious!

Offline swashington2128

• Hunter
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
Pork rinds, never would have thought of that, thanks for the tip. I love taco salad but without some kind of chips it sucked. I am down in San Diego working and no tortillas is killing me. Just can't have Mexican food without carbs.

Got any recipes for that pork rind Fried Chicken. That sounded tasty.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2016, 11:35:50 AM »
Making Scotch eggs right now with the pork rind bread crumbs.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:47:19 AM by pianoman9701 »
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »

Yes they do.  It is one of my favorite coatings.
Yep!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
I am doing this also. Lost near 30 lbs in the last 2.5 months. I see a lot of posts about cooking the eggs in olive or coconut oil. Just use bacon grease. When you get rid of the carbs you need fats to maintain energy levels. Don't be afraid of the saturated fats. They are the supermen of the fat world. First to get used by the body. The key is to get your body to stop using sugar. The only way to do it is by limiting sugar intake as low as possible. Have one non-diet soda and your body will immediately shift back to sugar burning and fat storing.

I have high blood pressure and needed this as a lifestyle change. It takes getting used to. Very difficult to stop the desires for pizza, sandwiches, pasta, and potatoes. But you learn to deal with it. Heck I will order a pizza and just eat the toppings. Leave the crust for the trash. If you are pre diabetic or type two diabetic this is a great normal diet. Without the carbs your pancreas stops pumping out insulin to control your blood sugar. Insulin also forces the body to store fat which is why we gain weight. Since the body is always trying to regulate sugar levels on a typical American diet we get the highs and lows in energy. With this diet you get a steady burn throughout the day and don't need those 5 hour energy drinks anymore.

Best part is I get to eat all the meat I want. Steaks, sausages, chicken, pork bring it on! Just make sure to level it off with veggies and you are set. Cheese is another thing that you can have within reason.

A by product to this between myself and my girlfriend is no more gas or bloating. No more desperate need to get to the bathroom. Heck, she would never eat eggs because of the gas, now she eats them like candy with nothing. Same with me.

Another great way for the eggs is to cook some bacon chunks with onions, peppers, and mushrooms and then add the eggs when everything else is done. Add cheese and you are eating well.

Happy living everyone and only 40 days till elk season in Utah. Add 20 more days for home.
You should try making a meatza. It's a pizza made with the meat acting as the crust then the sauce and the rest of what you want on the top. I've been dying to make one myself.
 Getting back to eggs, I've been on this kick lately with cooking my eggs where they're barely cooked. Slow cooked, still a little slimy, scrambled eggs cooked in lots of butter and too much salt or very soft boiled eggs to the point I have to be super careful not to break through the egg white when I peel them... haven't gotten sick yet  :dunno:. One of my favorites is turkey, tomato, avocado and egg on top of an English muffin with hollandaise sauce, of course you could omit the bread if your watching you carbs. 
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline 383man

• Longhunter
  • Good Times
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »
that meatza Idea is awesome. ive been doing this diet called code red with my wife, lost 50 lbs in 3 months so far. similar to what your doing, just no sugar or carbs, no dairy, and a gallon of water a day. eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast, and protein and vegies for dinner, haven't been doing lunches for the last 2 months, without carbs, I don't feel as hungry as often. it doesn't even feel like a diet to me like others have, I don't feel like I'm missing out on everything since I can eat a lot of my favorite foods still, I.e. bacon... lol

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Way to go on the  :bumpin:

I just started a Whole30 diet this morning.  30 days of no added sugar, dairy, grains, alcohol, or legumes.  The no alcohol sucks, but everything else is pretty easy.  Did the same diet last year and lost 15 lbs. 

+1 for egg-heavy diets!  They are a seriously underappreciated super food :)

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
Starting January I did the low sugar No Bread or dairy thing. Worked out 5 days a week. Preparing for two spartan races in one weekend. I did the races but energy was hard to come by. I only needed to lose 10 pounds. But I think I needed more calories for energy? Still working on the same diet but will eat more calories. And being summer time, I will still have a drink or a beer on weekends only

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
Starting January I did the low sugar No Bread or dairy thing. Worked out 5 days a week. Preparing for two spartan races in one weekend. I did the races but energy was hard to come by. I only needed to lose 10 pounds. But I think I needed more calories for energy? Still working on the same diet but will eat more calories. And being summer time, I will still have a drink or a beer on weekends only

No need to restrict yourself of any macronutrients as they are all important. It is all about calories in and calories out for weight loss. Eat enough protein and healthy fats each day and fill the rest of your calories however the heck you want.  :tup:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
So I am on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.  30 lbs in the  last 30 days.  No exercise other then active at work and yard work.  Degenerative arthritis in both knees kind of hampers things.  I eat eggs every morning though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]