collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: My Brothers Bull - Elk season 2016  (Read 285659 times)

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: My Brothers Bull - Elk season 2016
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2016, 10:27:15 PM »
That tarp is money, I had a hard time saying goodbye to it  :chuckle:
  It's for the best.  If you love something, you gotta let it go :chuckle:

Plus how am I gonna be your pro staff if you don't send me anything to do my pro staffing on :dunno:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline predatorG

• Ski Bum
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • BT's are making me crazy
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »
Little late but I'm tagging this. Best of luck and God bless! This is going to be something special.
"All of my best elk hunts are the ones where I come home with a big buck!" -RadSav

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2016, 10:36:58 PM »
4 man creepy tipi and one ultra light death tarp!  Super pumped to have the death tarp for these warm weeks of scouting coming up!  This thing is never leaving my pack ever!

4 man tipi creeping!?!? You better not name it that and expect to sell it to some natives. At least straight natives anyways because I only tipi creep with females. :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »
4 man creepy tipi and one ultra light death tarp!  Super pumped to have the death tarp for these warm weeks of scouting coming up!  This thing is never leaving my pack ever!

4 man tipi creeping!?!? You better not name it that and expect to sell it to some natives. At least straight natives anyways because I only tipi creep with females. :chuckle:
It's for the EVOO
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »
I love the death tarp, I used to do similar but more white trash with paracord and disposable painter's tarps.  Paracord between two trees, tarp over the paracord, and two sections of downed tree or large branches in lieu of pegging it down.  Less than 1lb, I spent MANY 2-4 day spike camp trips with just those for shelter, it is pretty intense lying under a completely transparent cover during a thunder-booming deluge!  Best part was just stuffing the tarp in the bottom for the pack for the trip out, sometimes used to wrap boned out meat and as a ground cloth for deboning - and throw it in the trash when you get home.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2016, 11:00:08 AM »
I love the death tarp, I used to do similar but more white trash with paracord and disposable painter's tarps.  Paracord between two trees, tarp over the paracord, and two sections of downed tree or large branches in lieu of pegging it down.  Less than 1lb, I spent MANY 2-4 day spike camp trips with just those for shelter, it is pretty intense lying under a completely transparent cover during a thunder-booming deluge!  Best part was just stuffing the tarp in the bottom for the pack for the trip out, sometimes used to wrap boned out meat and as a ground cloth for deboning - and throw it in the trash when you get home.
  yeah the only downside is you don't have 4 walls so the bears are free to come and go as they please.  Hence the name....."death trap"
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:41 AM »
  yeah the only downside is you don't have 4 walls so the bears are free to come and go as they please.  Hence the name....."death trap"

Probably won't be problem for you with your Siracha infused gas!  LMAO :chuckle:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:02 AM »
Yeah he talks a big game about nutrition but then he eats 3 quarts of jalapeño cheese dip and ruins his drawers
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »

So basically you've made yourself into a burrito for bears. :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »

So basically you've made yourself into a burrito for bears. :chuckle:
  I run a quilt so I think it's more of taco :dunno:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
Yeah he talks a big game about nutrition but then he eats 3 quarts of jalapeño cheese dip and ruins his drawers
  This was not a good weekend for nutrition!  Besides the 2 quarts of jalapeño cheddar dip, I had like 12 hotdogs, and 7 beers!  I'm feeling it thsee last few days  :yike: :bdid:

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »

Don't forget the 3 lbs of sour patch kids per day...

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:08 AM »

Probably won't be problem for you with your Siracha infused gas!  LMAO :chuckle:
You have no idea! I sat in a bear blind with that rotten  smelly thing for 5 hours 2 days in a row! I barely survived!  :yike:

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2016, 08:52:36 AM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »

Don't forget the 3 lbs of sour patch kids per day...
  this is just slanderous talk! It was only A2 pound bag from Fred Meyer and I only ate like three-quarters of it the whole weekend.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal