collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: My Brothers Bull - Elk season 2016  (Read 285596 times)

Offline elkfuler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: My Brothers Bull - Elk season 2016
« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »
I don't visit this site as often as I maybe should.  Once in a while then a long time goes by.  I'm sure glad I looked at this thread and read it through!  Thanks Karl, this is a gift to us all, and an inspiration - in many, many aspects. 
if you're lucky enough to be in the mountains.... you're lucky enough

Offline 4fletch

• Older than old
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2016, 01:52:24 PM »
Great adventure and story had to wipe my eyes also I'm so happy everything that has happened on your adventure. I believe your  adventure should be read by all so
That all the fallen can will be honored by your commitment for Arron

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »
This chapter has closed but the book of your life has just begun Karl.  I can't go into hell with you but I've been lucky enough to pick at the sides and support you and the rest the best I can.  I was lucky enough to know your brother and sadder still to know that I've gotten the greatest friends in my life due to his passing.  We seek to honor him in all the ways we can and by making the memories with our crew, our families and everyone else we dance in the freedom Aaron bought for us.  A debt I can never repay but one I look to honor in all the ways we can.  Heck of a bull and a story I'll be happy to tell until I go gray.  I knew it was going down when you and the bald one left camp in the burner... Might as well had "Eye of the Tiger" playing.  I am proud that my children call you Uncle Karl and your children climb on me like a jungle gym.  Here's to 40 more years of being a pain in Kurt's ass and Corey's reason to not eat sugar.  I k ow you'll be back to Mule Deer mode now but thanks for taking the fat kid along for the ride.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #858 on: September 28, 2016, 06:27:33 PM »
This chapter has closed but the book of your life has just begun Karl.  I can't go into hell with you but I've been lucky enough to pick at the sides and support you and the rest the best I can.  I was lucky enough to know your brother and sadder still to know that I've gotten the greatest friends in my life due to his passing.  We seek to honor him in all the ways we can and by making the memories with our crew, our families and everyone else we dance in the freedom Aaron bought for us.  A debt I can never repay but one I look to honor in all the ways we can.  Heck of a bull and a story I'll be happy to tell until I go gray.  I knew it was going down when you and the bald one left camp in the burner... Might as well had "Eye of the Tiger" playing.  I am proud that my children call you Uncle Karl and your children climb on me like a jungle gym.  Here's to 40 more years of being a pain in Kurt's ass and Corey's reason to not eat sugar.  I k ow you'll be back to Mule Deer mode now but thanks for taking the fat kid along for the ride.
Well said Chris!
Lots of people are much better with their words than I am! I'm very glad I could look in on this one! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I met Karl last year and within the first few times scouting with him it felt like we've been great friends for ever! I even had the pleasure to meet the whole crew this year and I tell you what, those dudes are absolutely intense at everything they do! That includes 3D bow shoots... Wait scratch that... Building decks is more like it. Thanks for letting us all share the journey Karl!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:55:42 PM by BULLBLASTER »

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2016, 06:52:51 PM »
Unreal Karl. Absolutely awesome write up and support you showed your brother. I can't imagine the emotions that were let out on that hillside.

I know one thing; it's a bit dusty here in the Tri-Cities right now.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:37:24 PM by Timberstalker »
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Slayerz

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #860 on: September 28, 2016, 07:12:55 PM »
Karl, everything about your writeup is just absolutely great, thank you for allowing us to follow along on this chapter of your life.  Hopefully I have the opportunity to meet up with you and crew somewhere down the trail, you all seem to be very stand up guys. 
"Taken' It To The Limit"

Offline Backstraps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • eburg dan
« Reply #861 on: September 28, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing your amazing hunt Karl! I had the pleasure of meeting Aaron a few years ago. I could see the passion he had for elk hunting when we talked about the Colockum herd. I know he would have been very proud of you the way you prepared and executed your hunt. Hell, we're all so very proud of you! And kudo's to your crew! Well done MEN!  :tup: Like everyone has said, on to the next chapter my friend. Dan
Book'em Dano

Offline TommyH

• Sourdough
« Reply #862 on: September 28, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »
It's dusty here to.

Offline GregE

• Scout
    • Sage Creek Forums
« Reply #863 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
So glad I found this story. 
Aaron was an internet friend on several sites and I looked forward to meeting him one day.
We talked about our love of ELK and flying helicopters as he progressed through Army flight school nearly 40 years after I did.

Karl and all your crew-  you did it up right and I'm proud to salute your worthwhile efforts!!
Keep 'em Straight!!! (and quiet)

Greg

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #864 on: September 29, 2016, 08:53:46 AM »
Awesome job man. Amazing story.

Offline turkeydancer

• Sourdough
« Reply #865 on: September 29, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
BLRMAN -
I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your writing style (home run man), but I would hope you strongly consider submitting the article to honor Aaron and inspire all hunters to what is possible when the hunting community comes together to honor the men/women that serve and the sacrifices they make on our behalf.  And if nothing else, do it for his wife and children ... it will be something that they will be able to pass down with pride for generation after generation in honor of Aaron's sacrifice and what it has meant to all of us.  I believe all people in this nation should know and be inspired by Aaron's and your tale (in his honor).   
:twocents:

Offline TommyH

• Sourdough
« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:34 PM »
Very worthy !

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #867 on: September 29, 2016, 08:34:18 PM »
Well said Chris!
Lots of people are much better with their words than I am! I'm very glad I could look in on this one! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I met Karl last year and within the first few times scouting with him it felt like we've been great friends for ever! I even had the pleasure to meet the whole crew this year and I tell you what, those dudes are absolutely intense at everything they do! That includes 3D bow shoots... Wait scratch that... Building decks is more like it. Thanks for letting us all share the journey Karl!
Two things.  First is big chris talks perdy!

Second thing.  You guys are all invited to another bow shoot next year!  Just need to slap a coat of paint on the house and then we will go hit the range :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #868 on: September 29, 2016, 09:02:44 PM »
BLRMAN -
I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your writing style (home run man), but I would hope you strongly consider submitting the article to honor Aaron and inspire all hunters to what is possible when the hunting community comes together to honor the men/women that serve and the sacrifices they make on our behalf.  And if nothing else, do it for his wife and children ... it will be something that they will be able to pass down with pride for generation after generation in honor of Aaron's sacrifice and what it has meant to all of us.  I believe all people in this nation should know and be inspired by Aaron's and your tale (in his honor).   
:twocents:
here here..  great idea.  The writing was perfect, give yourself due credit, you had us all tearing up.  I had to leave office and take a walk after reading it.

You should definitely compile the final writing with the earlier intro and posts and submit it to a few  magazines as well as the family and maybe some of the military periodicals.  Our soldiers need to know how many of us feel about their ultimate sacrifice and you just flat out NAILED IT. :archery_smiley:

Thank you and your family for the ultimate sacrifice, and thank you for taking us all along oin your journey to honor your brother.  God Bless and God Speed.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #869 on: September 29, 2016, 09:06:16 PM »
Thank you guys!  Seriously it means a lot.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand