collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nigerian Dwarf goats  (Read 21808 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: Nigerian Dwarf goats
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
They are cute and smart little buggers. We had a few as kids.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
 :chuckle: jk, right now they're fuzzy little yard maintenance workers, but I'd like to learn to milk them and make soaps and cheese. We have 4 that are ours, only one doe though so we'll see :).

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »
Almost as cute as baby rabbits.  :tup:

Hey, if she's starting a petting zoo, I can probably help and add to her inventory.
Just saying.....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
:chuckle: jk, right now they're fuzzy little yard maintenance workers, but I'd like to learn to milk them and make soaps and cheese. We have 4 that are ours, only one doe though so we'll see :).

My mother in law makes all that stuff. She keeps 2 bucks and maybe 10? does I think?
Are the bucklings wethered?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 03:01:04 PM »
No videos of baby dwarf goats jumping around? Disappointing, SG.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »
I have heard that we will be able to milk our females, but idk at what age!! They are so much fun, we go for walks every night and Gracie just flat goes nuts bouncing around jumping up on stuff, one day she was standing on the bagger on my riding lawn mower and then Elvis was standing on the hood of my wife's car, that didn't go well cause he stinks to high heaven.. S/G if the girls produce milk you can come get all they will give you..
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »

My mother in law makes all that stuff. She keeps 2 bucks and maybe 10? does I think?
Are the bucklings wethered?
That's awesome, I will learn, right now I'm just loving the heck out of them. Yea they will be banded when they drop, they're all less than a week old :) two different mommas and 4 kids. The moms gave birth a few days apart, my doe (in the second picture) had her fat little boy on Friday and then momma #2 had 3 on Monday. Then Hitler-stache is 12 weeks old, soooo tons of cuteness everywhere  :chuckle:

No videos of baby dwarf goats jumping around? Disappointing, SG.
!!! I have so many, didn't really want to post up to youtube but I might have to haha.

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »
I have heard that we will be able to milk our females, but idk at what age!! They are so much fun, we go for walks every night and Gracie just flat goes nuts bouncing around jumping up on stuff, one day she was standing on the bagger on my riding lawn mower and then Elvis was standing on the hood of my wife's car, that didn't go well cause he stinks to high heaven.. S/G if the girls produce milk you can come get all they will give you..
From what I know in my extremely limited knowledge, is that they have to get pregnant first to produce milk and then you can milk them after baby is done (someone correct me if I'm wrong).. So I'll be testing the waters with the one momma I have after Jupiter is fat and weaned lol. If it all works out, my neighbor shows and breeds so there will be lots of babies and does around all the time. Eeeeeeeeee.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
We had a couple on the farm as kids.  We had some sort of weeping willow tree they loved to eat.  It was perfectly trimmed as high as they could reach.
They also stripped the bark off of all the cedar trees.

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »
We had a couple on the farm as kids.  We had some sort of weeping willow tree they loved to eat.  It was perfectly trimmed as high as they could reach.
They also stripped the bark off of all the cedar trees.
I have seen that before and if you were to take a level to the bottom of those branches I bet it would be level every time :chuckle:
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline BeRandee

• Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • www.facebook.com/brandeesphotography
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »
If you really want to, You can milk moona now! The more you milk her, the more she'll produce. Not that she'll produce much with her tiny udder lol. Bella I think will be a milk cow. I MIGHT start milking her after the babies get bigger.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 04:06:37 PM »
From what I know in my extremely limited knowledge, is that they have to get pregnant first to produce milk and then you can milk them after baby is done (someone correct me if I'm wrong).. So I'll be testing the waters with the one momma I have after Jupiter is fat and weaned lol. If it all works out, my neighbor shows and breeds so there will be lots of babies and does around all the time. Eeeeeeeeee.
MIL has bottle babies. The does kid, and she takes them from her a couple days later. She milks the does right away and bottle feeds the kids. She's retired though, and has time to do that. It takes a lot of time and work to do that. I don't know why she does it that way, but all her goats are super friendly and bonded to people.

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »
If you really want to, You can milk moona now! The more you milk her, the more she'll produce. Not that she'll produce much with her tiny udder lol. Bella I think will be a milk cow. I MIGHT start milking her after the babies get bigger.
:o ... Bella hates me! Lol I was thinking about that actually, poor Moona and her small udders :chuckle: .. ok you take Bella and teach me in a few weeks :) (..Sheila used to make soap, and goat milk soap is supposed to be awesome so kind of wanted to explore... I can make the packaging and labels! ;) haha).

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »

Does this work? :)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 04:44:26 PM »
Yes it does.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal