collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Man kills bear with a spear......."GRAPHIC VIDEO"  (Read 23633 times)

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
Re: Man kills bear with a spear......."GRAPHIC VIDEO"
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 10:29:57 PM »
yeah see that now there are two threads in here on the same subject.  :chuckle:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »
I follow him, Josh Bowmar, on instagram even before he speared this bear. Plenty of videos of him practicing spear shots constanley for this hunt and I had no doubt he was gonna get a bear with one judging by watching his videos.  Him and his wife show great athleticism and both a Under Armour sponsored hunters.

I too follow the Bowmars on IG. As of yesterday Under Armor has dropped Sarah (Josh's wife) from their sponsorship due to the backlash from the Anti's regarding this bear hunt (NOTE: Josh was not sponsored by UA). IMHO, this was a very hypocritical decision. UA and UAHUNT more specifically has many top level hunters and pro-level competition archers and other well known TV personalities on their pro-staff roster, some of which who are also beasts in the fitness world.

It should be interesting to watch how UA is affected, and how the other hunt-thlete's, hunters and UAHUNT end users will respond. So far the support for the Bowmars has been very vocal, I'm sure UA has a few emails to sort through this a.m.  :chuckle:

For those who don't know the Bowmars,  they are very hard working and determined individuals. Often posting about daily fitness tips, healthy eating recipes (including recipe's with game they have harvested) and recently posted about working with a local African tribe as well as donating meat from a hunt that took place during the same trip. If you asked me, this is the kind of person us hunters want to be in the spotlight, a positive spotlight.

https://www.bowhunting.com/blog/2016/08/19/armour-fails-support-sponsored-hunter/
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »
If anyone has an Instagram, read the comments on the @uahunt page.  :tup:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13:17 AM »
Hunters are ticked off. On facebook, there are miles of pictures of hunters burning their UA stuff. Rightfully so.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 07:16:45 AM »
I have no problem with the method of take. He obviously was well prepared for the hunt. Too bad he wasn't as prepared to act as an ambassador for hunters than he did. IMO he acted like a self absorbed fool, and showing intestines on the track showed a complete lack of awareness of the audience this would end up in front of.
+1.  I don't care what method someone uses, as long as they're proficient.  The controversy is stirring because he is generating it.  He's using this as a major self promotion and it's making hunters look bad.  I am sick of "TV hunters",  just go hunt to enjoy it- not to make yourself famous

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2016, 07:21:33 AM »
I have no problem with the method of take. He obviously was well prepared for the hunt. Too bad he wasn't as prepared to act as an ambassador for hunters than he did. IMO he acted like a self absorbed fool, and showing intestines on the track showed a complete lack of awareness of the audience this would end up in front of.
+1.  I don't care what method someone uses, as long as they're proficient.  The controversy is stirring because he is generating it.  He's using this as a major self promotion and it's making hunters look bad.  I am sick of "TV hunters",  just go hunt to enjoy it- not to make yourself famous

100%  :yeah:   Really surprised this is a big deal. 

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »
 :yeah:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
Just watched Tiffany lakosky decked out in under armor shoot a buck really low and back. They let it lay over night and found it the next Day after showing multiple shots of the blood trail. She freaked out and fist pumped with Lee upon finding it.
What's the difference to those of you who think this guy was in the wrong for being excited and showing"death/blood trail"  :dunno:

Hypocrisy=It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.
I think this sums up under armours position with regards to their other sponsored athletes
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:40:55 PM by mfswallace »

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2016, 06:10:57 PM »
Just watched Tiffany lakosky decked out in under armor shoot a buck really low and back. They let it lay over night and found it the next Day after showing multiple shots of the blood trail. She freaked out and fist pumped with Lee upon funding it.
What's the difference to those of you who think this guy was in the wrong for being excited and showing"death/blood trail"  :dunno:

Hypocrisy=It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.
I think this sums up under armours position with regards to their other sponsored athletes

I agree. I disdain most made for tv hunts. They try to build false sense of excitement to make it seem like a bigger accomplishment than it is. Trying to outdo all the other TV hunters.  I'm of the old school Vince Lombardi school of thought. Act like you've been there before. I've hunted over 50 years now and I've never seen hunters act like TV hunters. Show some joy, yes. Show some excitement, yes. But act like you're the first man to give birth? no.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline WAnoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 11:02:05 PM »
 :yeah: Agreed...It shows so much more meaning or honor when they say a quick thanks to the animal and being humble for just taking a life for food to feed themselves and their families. Very few shows do that, most of these s****y TV shows immediately say, "look at these G3 points or wow this drop tine". I'm all for nice antlers or horns but all the fist pumping makes them look like a southern version of Jersey Shore.
AK 907

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2020, 07:12:48 PM »
Yikes, sounds like they may have become a little more bold.  Thanks for the update!
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2020, 07:29:47 PM »
"white-tailed billy goats killed by the couple"

Someone needs to learn some wildlife terminology before writing articles  :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »
He’s not the only one who’s speared a bear.....
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2020, 08:02:34 PM »
That was a great throw!
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal