collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2016 deer post them here  (Read 359767 times)

Offline mp.hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: 2016 deer post them here
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2016, 11:55:36 AM »

Doubled up on bucks with my little bro, great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck mike!
You too Adam!

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
My first ever buck with a bow.....@63 years old and  still doing some firsts. :IBCOOL: Only thing is where were these big bucks during my hunt? I dont get these whitetail  :bash: but im learning.I think lol

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »
Way to go Crazy!  The older bucks know its on, and they're layin' low.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
 :yike:
lots of deer dropping and big ones too.  :tup:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
With great contentedness and fatigue I'm happy to report on this thread. The year 2016 has been rough...until now. It started in the spring when my daughter's cat got backed over in the driveway (It wasn't me). I used to joke that this cat was the best dog I ever had. Always wanted to say hi like a dog with lots of affection. He even lapped at his water bowl. Miss him.

Next, its mid-summer and the wife breaks an ankle and has to have surgery (we were on vacation--in Vermont of all places). Then, a month later, I twist my ankle (same way Russel Wilson did against the Dolphins). Mine was worse. I too had surgery on August 3. I wore a walking boot for 12 days of hunting the archery season on the MS tag. Had numerous close encounters, but no dice.

Fast forward to October (5 days ago). Smoke pole season. My ankle is sore, but just functional enough to hunt. First three days are wet and uneventful. See lots of whitetail does. I hunt a mixed unit of whites and mules. Three nights ago, I stared down a decent whitetail buck at 30 yards. Pulled the trigger and the darn magnum percussion cap doesn't blow (Hawken-style rifle). Buck walks away. Then, last night, I see him again but the smaller base percussion cap didn't fail. I just have been having a bad year and I needed something to go right. Couldn't be more grateful.

Offline csaaphill

• Old Salt
« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2016, 08:34:22 PM »
With great contentedness and fatigue I'm happy to report on this thread. The year 2016 has been rough...until now. It started in the spring when my daughter's cat got backed over in the driveway (It wasn't me). I used to joke that this cat was the best dog I ever had. Always wanted to say hi like a dog with lots of affection. He even lapped at his water bowl. Miss him.

Next, its mid-summer and the wife breaks an ankle and has to have surgery (we were on vacation--in Vermont of all places). Then, a month later, I twist my ankle (same way Russel Wilson did against the Dolphins). Mine was worse. I too had surgery on August 3. I wore a walking boot for 12 days of hunting the archery season on the MS tag. Had numerous close encounters, but no dice.

Fast forward to October (5 days ago). Smoke pole season. My ankle is sore, but just functional enough to hunt. First three days are wet and uneventful. See lots of whitetail does. I hunt a mixed unit of whites and mules. Three nights ago, I stared down a decent whitetail buck at 30 yards. Pulled the trigger and the darn magnum percussion cap doesn't blow (Hawken-style rifle). Buck walks away. Then, last night, I see him again but the smaller base percussion cap didn't fail. I just have been having a bad year and I needed something to go right. Couldn't be more grateful.
Nice :tup: Glad with all your bad luck you were able to put something together. Nice deer.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #276 on: October 05, 2016, 10:29:37 PM »
Nice one Outhouse!  Way to get it done!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I learned a lot about persistence. After you hunt 14 days, you start to get a little frustrated.

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »
Some nice bucks on here. Keep em coming
If its brown knock it down

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »

Doubled up on bucks with my little bro, great hunt.

congrats Mike!!!! That's awesome man!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Bigluke1981

• Longhunter
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »
2016 muzzy. Had to work for this guy and I could not be happier!!!!

Offline csaaphill

• Old Salt
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2016, 08:46:29 PM »
nice little three point  :tup:

Offline MNguy33

• Pilgrim
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2016, 06:11:02 AM »
My first ever buck with a bow.....@63 years old and  still doing some firsts. :IBCOOL: Only thing is where were these big bucks during my hunt? I dont get these whitetail  :bash: but im learning.I think lol

Congrats to you sir. I think it is very cool that you picked up Bow hunting at 63. Well done!

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
2016 muzzy. Had to work for this guy and I could not be happier!!!!
nice little three point  :tup:

Congrats to you sir. I think it is very cool that you picked up Bow hunting at 63. Well done!

Thanks follow r the kind words...... but I've hunted with a bow off and on for 20+ years....I am always so picky on my shots ( not wanting to wound an animal ) so I've passed on many elk and deer. A buddy of mine said to have faith in your skills and let the arrow fly. Something clicked in my old brain finally lol He was right.

Offline TheSkyBuster

• Aim High
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
Muzzeloader Blacktail

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal