collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HURRY WALMART ONLINE - 12PK CARBON EXPRESS WOLVERINES $4 & TERMINATORS $7  (Read 22802 times)

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: HURRY WALMART ONLINE - 12PK CARBON EXPRESS WOLVERINES $4 & TERMINATORS $7
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
Single arrows in store boys. Went in and they handed me one arrow for each dozen purchased.

Thank you, I will cancel the order

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »
Don't they have to honor what is advertised and purchased?
Just tend your own and live.

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
Single arrows in store boys. Went in and they handed me one arrow for each dozen purchased.
That happen to me too but I called the store before I went in and they said some kinda error on the internet severe
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »

So you went to pick them up and they handed you one arrow for every dozen you purchased? Was your response something like cool, but where are the other frigging eleven arrow you still owe me for each dozen I purchased? If they dont cancel my order before I get a notice to come pick them up and they pull that crap with me, I will be calling corporate and reading them the riot act. I have a couple of orders at different stores showing they sold me boxes of a dozen arrows not just a single arrows.

Did I mention that I hate Wal-Mart and stopped shopping there years ago because of stuff like this? Hopefully others had better luck than Jason, but I have a feeling many are going to get disappointed today when we go to pickup. Rant over, carry on.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Online Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »

So you went to pick them up and they handed you one arrow for every dozen you purchased? Was your response something like cool, but where are the other frigging eleven arrow you still owe me for each dozen I purchased? If they dont cancel my order before I get a notice to come pick them up and they pull that crap with me, I will be calling corporate and reading them the riot act. I have a couple of orders at different stores showing they sold me boxes of a dozen arrows not just a single arrows.

Did I mention that I hate Wal-Mart and stopped shopping there years ago because of stuff like this? Hopefully others had better luck than Jason, but I have a feeling many are going to get disappointed today when we go to pickup. Rant over, carry on.
I showed they lady my receipt and it says 12 arrows. She called the manager and the manager said the sku is for one single arrow in the store, I said OK well I'm supposed to get a dozen. and he said there was nothing he could do and cancleled my order and refunded my money.

I still have to other stores to go to.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:58 AM »
I just got the cancellation notices. Oh well, it saves me some yelling and screaming like a lunatic at some poor  gal in Arkansas that has no way of helping me when I called corporate later to complain.  I guess I'm back to not shopping at Wal-Mart again.  :chuckle:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline solomtnhunter

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Hunter
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 11:57:48 AM »
UPDATE: So i just got back from Walmart.  What a big cluster #@%$.  I went to go pickup my 10 dozen arrows Terminators & Wolverines.  The gal at the desk comes back and tells me the order only shows i was to receive like 9 arrows.  I showed her my purchase order on my phone, explaining the price and quantity at that price was 1 dzn/12pk.  She then starts getting an attitude about its an online mistake and that she cant honor it.  At that point i asked to get the store manager. As soon as he arrived he was already in a bad mood.  The gal kept trying to speak over me while i was explaining to the manager what i had paid, what quantity was, and that confirmation was sent saying it was ready for pickup. 

Mind you at no point did i ever raise my voice... But he then becomes irate and starts yelling at me about dropping "my attitude" because this was a "corporate walmart" mistake and that they had been dealing with mis-pricing all week.   I flat out told him that's not my fault and that they need to address it with corporate.  I've got a purchase order saying i paid this many for this price and i can pick it up TODAY... And that they need to honor it!  So either you give me my 12 dozen or you give me what is "on hand" in the display rack. 

So long story short, the manager & i went to the display grabbed all the Terminator & Wolverine arrows at the store... Which ended up being 26 arrows total, price it out individually because pricing was per 1dozen, and they refunded rest of my money.  I did ask i another store had'em if i would be able to gather the rest of my order, but he said pricing was store specific.... The store will argue and fight you about it, but hold your ground because they have to honor it.  If they don't call corporate and get the names of everyone you spoke to.  For the trouble i guess it was still kind of worth it - i ended up paying $0.41 Wolverines & $0.64 Terminators per arrow.

If the walmart employee argues with you about it, then ask to speak to the manager.  The store manager seriously had the nerve to tell me his store was losing money because of me, that he wasn't going to receive a bonus, and that his kids would get no Christmas gifts.   What a big lair... I wanted to laugh in his face because a buddy of mine is married to the walmart store manger in the next town over.  And i know for a fact they make 6 figures. His wife makes roughly $250,000 year with bonuses. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:54:36 PM by 357guy »
Traditional Bow Hunter/Target & 3D/NRA Life Member/WAC Member

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
Mine was canceled also.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
Did anybody actually think that those are fair prices for the arrows? Or was this just seen as an opportunity to get one over on a company that clearly made a mistake in their web page? An example of "Gotcha" consumerism?
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
Did anybody actually think that those are fair prices for the arrows? Or was this just seen as an opportunity to get one over on a company that clearly made a mistake in their web page? An example of "Gotcha" consumerism?

I don't know what line of business you are in, but most reputable companies stand behind their pricing regardless if they made a mistake or not. Wal-Mart and the bs 357guy described above is one of the major reasons or country is going to hell in a hand basket IMO. Defending a $60B + corporation regardless of how "fair" the pricing was seems ridiculous to me when they are probably making over 50% gross profit on all of the cheap Chinese garbage they sell. :twocents:

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
Wal-Mart has been known to deeply reduce prices on things they were clearancing, recent example the Ruger rifles talked about in a prior thread. 

And individual stores put out some crazy prices as well.  I picked-up a $100.00+ trail camera for $17.50 clearance... Believe me, I looked and looked for others that trip but there was only the one.
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
I am far from defending a corporation that I personally think is one of the root causes of the decline of small-town America. What their profit margins are or aren't should have no bearing at all on my point, however. Had mispricing happened in my line of work, I would fall all over myself to make it right for my customer. But I don't work retail and never will for reasons like this.

Blacktail - you are correct, clearance items can be great deals and I've taken advantage of those whenever it fit my needs.  But this became known that it isn't a clearance situation.
KABOOM Count - 1

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »
True, love it when my want/need coincides with clearance/blowout prices!

And we know now what the situation is, but I was responding to your initial question inquiring if anyone had thought these ads could be accurate. 

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
I see the confusion - I commented after the situation became known.  First thing I thought was "sweet clearance!" - I am a bargain cave junky at Cabelas myself.
KABOOM Count - 1

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »
Ohhhh yeah!!!    :tup: 

Cabela's Bargain Cave and I have a love - hate relationship......

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]