collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Giving up the special spots - Forum etiquette  (Read 14782 times)

Offline ForestDump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Ruffed Grouse Society, Pheasants Forever, NRA, Audubon Society
Re: Giving up the special spots - Forum etiquette
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 04:57:56 AM »
If you tell one person, they will tell one more, who will then tell many more, etc...   :yike:   :bdid:   :bash:   :bash:    :bash: 

I had invested years into an area, and then went in to the local store to see a picture of a familiar bull hanging on the board.  Asked about it, and was told exactly where it was shot.  Now everyone knows.   :bash: 

People are worse than wolves, and this is from a dedicated wolf hater.  You need to be super careful about who you put on your "Hunting Buddy" list.   :twocents:

Were you burned on that spot you shared in secret or was it a spot you found that someone else also found and decided to share with the public?
There are only two types of dogs: wolves and wirehaireds.

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »
If you tell one person, they will tell one more, who will then tell many more, etc...   :yike:   :bdid:   :bash:   :bash:    :bash: 

I had invested years into an area, and then went in to the local store to see a picture of a familiar bull hanging on the board.  Asked about it, and was told exactly where it was shot.  Now everyone knows.   :bash: 

People are worse than wolves, and this is from a dedicated wolf hater.  You need to be super careful about who you put on your "Hunting Buddy" list.   :twocents:

Were you burned on that spot you shared in secret or was it a spot you found that someone else also found and decided to share with the public?

That particular example was just to show what can happen with one wrong person.  I have taken many people to my spots that have kept the secret, but I have had a couple bad experiences that make me never want to take another person.

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »
New hunters (or experienced hunters new to upland) I'll give you perhaps the biggest resource you'll ever need to get started:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/

C'mon guys, this state makes it really easy to find places to get started hunting upland birds.  Best of all, you can do it from the comfort of your own home!  This is my first year hunting upland as I didn't have a dog prior, but I've got more spots marked on my GPS then I'll be able to explore this season, all from homework done on the WDFW site.  I'm fully expecting quite a few of those spots to be a bust, but I'm optimistically hopefully about others.

Living on the westside is no excuse for a freebie, it just means you have to do twice as much homework before you hit the road.  Know your target, study your target and their habits, find the habitat, and give it a go!

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »
gee whiz mister that sounds like too much work! you're harshing my mellow

Yo, how about you texted me your gps spots for birds?

dont be a hater :chuckle:

New hunters (or experienced hunters new to upland) I'll give you perhaps the biggest resource you'll ever need to get started:

C'mon guys, this state makes it really easy to find places to get started hunting upland birds.  Best of all, you can do it from the comfort of your own home!  This is my first year hunting upland as I didn't have a dog prior, but I've got more spots marked on my GPS then I'll be able to explore this season, all from homework done on the WDFW site.  I'm fully expecting quite a few of those spots to be a bust, but I'm optimistically hopefully about others.

Living on the westside is no excuse for a freebie, it just means you have to do twice as much homework before you hit the road.  Know your target, study your target and their habits, find the habitat, and give it a go!

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 09:21:52 PM »

I've posted your address and phone number on Facebook for all new upland hunters to use and contact for upland areas.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:50 PM »

I've posted your address and phone number on Facebook for all new upland hunters to use and contact for upland areas.
:chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »
Don't take anyone to your chanterelles spots either.  They will come back and tear all the roots out and ruin that for you almost with 100% certainty. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]