collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Governors tag buck  (Read 34321 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Governors tag buck
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »
But u guys will post pics of natives with out there permission? Hahah just post it .

:yeah:
Kinda funny how the mods promote posting of native harvests, or not.

I'm the only mod who has commented in this thread in regard to posting photos without permission. Please show me where I have done what you're accusing me of. This has nothing to do with being a mod. This, again, has to do with respect.
First I didn't say you.  Second have YOU ever extended the same suggestion of respect to a tribal harvest posted on this site?

Offline little_red_wagon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2016, 01:50:56 AM »

Offline go4steelhd

• Sourdough
  • MT Wild Sheep Foundation Life Time Member
  • Groups: go4steelhd
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2016, 04:59:00 AM »
@ Jackalope
Thanks for doing what you do as a mod. I have no doubt this takes up lots of your personal time, and is clearly a thankless job. Lots of us appreciate what you and other mods do.
I hope people do not lose sight of this, this  site is to share experience for those who want to share.
NW__HUNTER Instagram

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2016, 07:07:02 AM »
Teanaway do you have permission to post the raffle tag buck? Like to see it.
No he doesn't

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
emac is correct! The Hunter is not a member here. He knows I am and he did not tell me I could post and I'm not going to ask.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2016, 07:50:58 AM »
@ Jackalope
Thanks for doing what you do as a mod. I have no doubt this takes up lots of your personal time, and is clearly a thankless job. Lots of us appreciate what you and other mods do.
I hope people do not lose sight of this, this  site is to share experience for those who want to share.
Thanks a lot.
The last paragraph is the important part to me.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
But u guys will post pics of natives with out there permission? Hahah just post it .

Kinda funny how the mods promote posting of native harvests, or not.

I'm the only mod who has commented in this thread in regard to posting photos without permission. Please show me where I have done what you're accusing me of. This has nothing to do with being a mod. This, again, has to do with respect.
First I didn't say you.  Second have YOU ever extended the same suggestion of respect to a tribal harvest posted on this site?

If the question or discussion whether or not to post pics comes up and I am involved in the thread I would say the same thing. I will reiterate that as usual, this thread had nothing to do with anything tribal at all, yet somehow someone decided it was a good idea to go there. No surprise really. There's one in every crowd(thread).  Unfortunate really, but not surprising.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:31 AM »
Teanaway do you have permission to post the raffle tag buck? Like to see it.
No he doesn't

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
emac is correct! The Hunter is not a member here. He knows I am and he did not tell me I could post and I'm not going to ask.

Wow. Respect! Neat.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »
The guide's photos of the buck are not visible to the public on Facebook. That means he doesn't want every tom, dick and Harry looking at them or posting them all over the Internet. I'll respect that. What the rest of you do is up to yourselves.
His FB profile pic of the buck and his Instagram are both public. Whether the hunter himself knows that or not is another story I suppose.  :twocents:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »
The guide's photos of the buck are not visible to the public on Facebook. That means he doesn't want every tom, dick and Harry looking at them or posting them all over the Internet. I'll respect that. What the rest of you do is up to yourselves.
His FB profile pic of the buck and his Instagram are both public. Whether the hunter himself knows that or not is another story I suppose.  :twocents:
I've seen the Instagram pic. Last I looked I couldn't see any pics of the buck on Facebook. That was the day the buck was killed though. Sounds like he changed his profile pic since then. I'm still not going to post pics just because they're visible somewhere else and that's the only point I'm trying to make. What someone else does is completely up to them.

Offline nalley112

• Scout
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »
I was given permission to post the photo so here he is
cortneynalleyphotography- instagram

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2016, 09:01:46 AM »
Brute😱, what a deer!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »
Yep, same as was posted on FB. Congrats to the hunter and thank him for sharing.

Offline eastfork

• Hunter
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »
Oh my...... :yike:i love it. Any more pics? Story?

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
I have a bunch of pics of him after they got him off the mountain, and don't have permission to post. I know its not a big deal to most, but these tags are so controversial they just like to keep it under wraps as long as they can. You know, that whole pay for a trophy thing so many of you don't agree with.

Offline nalley112

• Scout
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2016, 09:18:19 AM »
I don't have any other photos of the buck that was the only one I was given permission to post..

I have a bunch of pics of him after they got him off the mountain, and don't have permission to post. I know its not a big deal to most, but these tags are so controversial they just like to keep it under wraps as long as they can. You know, that whole pay for a trophy thing so many of you don't agree with.

Couldn't have said it better buddy!👍🏼
cortneynalleyphotography- instagram

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]